Preview Round 6, 2024: North v Hawks, 4pm 21st April, Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possibly but he needs to get more urgency in his game.

And probably needs to become a bit more selfish about his own game.
Good call. I'd like to see him demand the ball more. Mackenzie too. Both are running hard to provide good options for teammates but then call for it with all the conviction of "here if you need".

If Sam wants Amon to play off half back then we need Ward and Mackenzie kicking inside 50 more often.

The bottom line is any win, by a point or 10 goals is hollow against the road kill Roos.
We need to back it up the next week and beat the Swans at the G.

Same as should of happened last week, Butler & Connor Mac out and try Nash as Sub.
Morrison in,Serong in(and play Weddle on the wing). I'd even swap Chol for Gunston as well.

As my wife who hardly watches a game said, "Who's that cotton wool baby with the Nike stripe on his head".

The bottom line is any win, by a point or 10 goals is hollow against the road kill Roos.
We need to back it up the next week and beat the Swans at the G.

Same as should of happened last week, Butler & Connor Mac out and try Nash as Sub.
Morrison in,Serong in(and play Weddle on the wing). I'd even swap Chol for Gunston as well.

As my wife who hardly watches a game said, "Who's that cotton wool baby with the Nike stripe on his head".
I'll take any win whatsoever right now, Roos or not.

Imagine how we'll be feeling if we DON'T win this week......

I'll take a 1 point win for now. Seriously.
Lewis has to play, even if he's not 100%.

They've got poor tall defenders. He keeps one of them busy.

Gold Coast ran 7 changes after a bye before they steamrolled us.

If we lose this week, I recommend that Sam do the same and clean out.

Keen to see O'Sullivan get a run, Serong too. Not sure who comes out

Play Hustwaite, Finn

Maybe sub Nash and get him on with fresh legs later and let our kids go head to head

Maybe Serong comes in and plays down back and Sicily moves forward.

Gets games into another kid and help our forwards line.
That only weakens our defence. Makes no sense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nash to Box Hill.
Hust into the 22.
Croc to Box Hil - I've been one of his biggest fans as he has loads of talent but looked soft against the Suns and needs to work on the defensive side of his game. Still have high hopes for him.
Morrison in.

I'd be reluctant to play Lewis if he's carrying an injury. Didn't work the 1st 3 games but maybe it could work against North.

Would like to see Ward given more center bounce time.

Assuming the non-mention of Lewis in the Gab's tweet that he's a test for this week, and will need to get through training.

Otherwise he'd bundle him in their Punky in the tweet.

We wait patiently for the detailed injury report from the club.

I'd be surprised if Lewis gets up. We've been reading these injury updates for years, & flagging that it's a test but he "might require another week" ordinarily means it's another week! Hope I'm wrong.

Last edited:
Really? The way Sicily has gone this year I wouldn’t have thought so.
You’d be on your own.
He is our best defender and intercepter.

I don't know why there's any interest in shifting Sicily forward. We lose way more than we gain.

Weddle on the other hand. Not sure why he hasn't been tried forward more often since the Cats game. I feel like we're at least a chance of scoring when the ball is in his hands within 60m of goal.

The midfield must be addressed no more playing sole midfielder's across the ground in multiple positions. If you are not good enough to play in the center for 4 quarter's you play at boxhill.

Target, crying out for anyone over 190cm to be a option across the wing Bring the ball to ground in the 50. Very hard for the flanks and pockets to influence games without 2 forward of centre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back