Preview Round 6, 2024: St Kilda v Western Bulldogs - Marvel Stadium, Thursday 18 April, 7.30pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chitos last 3 weeks combined are 4 goals from 42 disposals. Can’t image they swap
3 weeks seems like a cherry pick.
Their base numbers for the year are very similar, Owens has more centre clearances and averages 9 contested possessions compared to 5, despite phillipou spending twice as much time in the middle.
Might be worth a try considering we are getting smashed in the middle.

3 weeks seems like a cherry pick.
Their base numbers for the year are very similar, Owens has more centre clearances and averages 9 contested possessions compared to 5, despite phillipou spending twice as much time in the middle.
Might be worth a try considering we are getting smashed in the middle.

Against GWS we actually came out on top in clearances etc our midfield performed really well. I think given Garcia's inclusion this week he will get minutes through there over both Owens & Phillipou, he is just a naturally gifted clearance player. So quick and aggressive in close he is a younger version of Libartore, plus he is also dangerous forward. He is always moving dynamically at clearances which is the making of a very good clearance player/midfielder.

Who ever of the recruiting staff that highlighted Garcia and to get him at #50 need a pay rise IMO.

Training was short and sharp. Not much match sim
- the match sim involved mainly less handballing and practising ball movement from about 60 out and inside 50 entries

Again focus on handballing and kicking were the main drills.

Didn’t see King or Steele Hayes, Campbell

Clark can’t be too far off was getting involved in training.

Lots of focus on goal kicking too.

Really not sure who will come in.

Maybe Jones

Marshall played 24 matches with a few six and five-day breaks last year. He can do it again. Lyon did mention that they’d look to use Campbell at some point but we move to two eight-day breaks after this week followed by a few seven-day breaks.

If he stays fit, I can’t see him being rested. Maybe he spends a game doing less ruck work but resting him is just not going to help us win matches.

Marshall played 24 matches with a few six and five-day breaks last year. He can do it again. Lyon did mention that they’d look to use Campbell at some point but we move to two eight-day breaks after this week followed by a few seven-day breaks.

If he stays fit, I can’t see him being rested. Maybe he spends a game doing less ruck work but resting him is just not going to help us win matches.
Letting him skip the trip to WA in R12 to freshen up might be the ticket.

Sounds like Max won't play.
Yep

Now I am not gonna think about,

1) We are coming off five days and a close one (that dynamic when you lose big following a brave loss - there is no dynamic. F…..that!)
2) the Bullies are stinging badly and will be stung into action
3) Max King out
4) 2021 May - Bulldogs beat us by 110 points at Marvel

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IMHO.........regardless of what Bevo says/does/gets BBQed....if we're good enough on the night....WE WILL WIN.
Hard to say what we bring in this game , hoping the team can actually turn things around and kick some goals early to put some score board pressure on the Dogs.
However atm our goal kicking has been atrocious.

Training was short and sharp. Not much match sim
- the match sim involved mainly less handballing and practising ball movement from about 60 out and inside 50 entries

Again focus on handballing and kicking were the main drills.

Didn’t see King or Steele Hayes, Campbell

Clark can’t be too far off was getting involved in training.

Lots of focus on goal kicking too.

Really not sure who will come in.

Maybe Jones

How was Dow?

Thanks for the update btw.

Changes:

Outs:
King & Butler

Ins:
Hayes, Garcia, Sharman as sub.
I would actually go Howard for King.

Howard to Naughton.
Cordy to Darcy
Battle to LUH
Wilkie to Weightman

Sharman Caminiti and Membrey the talls upfront.

Butler sub.

Coming from SA with my old man to watch this game for my 26th birthday. Hoping the boys don’t let me down.

Historically Bevo has struggled against Ross’ defensive gameplan. Hopefully this proves true regardless of our team.

I’d say King and Sharman out for Hayes and Garcia, with Jones coming in as the sub.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I would actually go Howard for King.

Howard to Naughton.
Cordy to Darcy
Battle to LUH
Wilkie to Weightman

Sharman Caminiti and Membrey the talls upfront.

Butler sub.
I think it makes us too tall down back. As much as the extra height for their benpoles would come in handy I’m not sure I want Wilkie playing on Weightman. We’d also lose some run out of defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back