Game Day Round 6 - Fremantle V West Coast Eagles. **6 WINS IN A ROW BABY**

Remove this Banner Ad

ROUND 6 - FREO V WEST COAST EAGLES

Well here we are, Rnd 6 already.

Crazy to even think we are top of the AFL ladder - given all the doom and gloom through the off season from media and supporters alike.

But guess what people - we are #1

edXpm.gif

The first derby to be held at Optus Oval should be an absolute fire cracker. Many mouth watering match ups to come, such as Yeo v Fyfe, Nic/Lycett v Sandi, Barrass v McCarthy, JJK v Pearce, Cole v Ghost82

Our opposition have been decent in 2018- thier high rankings as below

upload_2018-4-22_8-38-43.png

All whilst West Coast in 2018 have been also very good - our high rankings as below.

upload_2018-4-22_8-39-2.png

But that all means nothing come 2.40PM as both teams prepare to go to war in a battle that could see WCE continue to stay at the top of the AFL tree, whilst Freo will be determined to knock WCE off and get inside the top 8

A few injury concerns with Simmo being unusually cagey when asked at his presser about how tohe lads pulled up, and Freo losing their tall target in Taberner. Not sure if B Hill will get up for this game either.

Freos midfield group led by Fyfe will look to gain ascendancy against our soldiers, however with Tommy B and Gov down back, they will need to lower their eyes, otherwise it'll be a easy pickings foe the lads. Whilst WCE will need to break the lines and give JJK/Darling good service as Freos backline with Pearce and Hamling are very good one on one.

As always I expect this derby to be heated, a few push and shoves to get the day underway. Sandilands wil be keen to get into Nic after Natanui put Lurch in the rehab room last time they met.

sandidownbig.jpg

And Fyfe will be looking for redemption after being Liam Dugganed

1smmtj.gif

WCE should be too strong for Freo this time round, and in a completely non biased predication I can see us running out winners by 103 points.

Anything less is a failure, and Tom Cole should be blamed for lack of leg speed.

GO EAGLES

PS: always a favourite

9nZITn9.gif

Last edited:

Another good test for us this week. We’ve got a good month of footy to see where we are at starting on Sunday. Break even & I think we play finals.

We are quite obviously playing some sore boys so hopefully the 8 day break freshens us up a little bit and this rain helps soften the surface a little bit.

This year given the transition of the list, I can live with inconsistency and losses because we are building something. Not this week. I hope we win & win well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That article really didn't adequately explain the reason why no RG medal, change it to the Metropolis Medal and maybe Freo can handle that because he played for them as well. Sounds like sour grapes to me.

Outrageous that a sponsorship is required to award a medal for best on ground.

This is the darkest timeline.
Typical decision by Freo - and very disrespectful to Ross. Even Paul Haselby was up in arms about it, being an ex Freo player and all who has won the medal 4 times in the past. Very small minded from the Freo camp!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back