Review Round 7, 2018 - Brisbane Lions vs. Collingwood

Who were your five best players against Collingwood?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Dodongo disagrees with this. Dodongo can see Eagles as a 5-6 year player holding down a key defensive spot freeing up Harris Andrews with Gardiner and Payne holding their own down back. Dodongo questions McStay's future and if he doesn't come on, consider Eagles a permanent player. Dodongo keeps Eagles in the team for the rest of the year. He is ready made and it helps Harris.
Dodongo is a different cat - love it!

Buddy, I went to my 1st footy game 50+ years ago & have been a 100% passionate follower ever since. Just cos I haven't been on BF earlier means zip. BTW I was just posting whatever the **** i wanted to as well so suck it up junior

Too...just saying :) I thought they taught better English back then. Bahahahaha!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:

burglar-hanging-from-fence-1280x720.jpg

Nah I reckon we'll put in a shocker next week

It will be interesting to see how the players handle another chance to backup their good performance.

Obviously the Richmond game was a write off.

Doggies game could be huge culturally, hopefully the players don't let these close losses bring them down too much. Huge challenge for Fagan to get us up and firing again.

In Bulldogs related news, our boy schache seems to be taking to his new season fairly well, kicked 3 goals, including the winner, in the VFL this week.

Wonder if he's a chance to debut at AFL level for the dogs this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

he's been injured a fair bit. This was certainly his best game.. gets an unfair go even from our supporters

Some things stay the same then, poor fella cops a lot from his fans.

Nice bloke, hopefully people are patient enough with him for him to excel.

Watching the replay cause I'm lucky enough to not have to work today. Anyway, same as yesterday, the main reason I'm so cut about this one is because it is a game that we could/should have won. We don't have a great chance at winning in the next few weeks so I really wanted some reward for effort and to avoid ending up 0 and something huge.

I think the votes are a bit harsh on Stef who got the better of Grundy who plenty claim is the AA ruckman this year. Zorko was incredible, Beams was big, Taylor was dangerous (although cost us by not handballing to the open man in the pocket in the third) and Robbo just keeps doing what he does. I wanted to give Berry a vote because he had some really important touches but at the end of the day he only got 11 disposals and only Cyril can get away with that sort of thing.

It seems the optimism has returned here today for most which is good.

For those still stewing about last night and wondering where the club is going, watch this and compare the difference of two years:

It seems the optimism has returned here today for most which is good.

For those still stewing about last night and wondering where the club is going, watch this and compare the difference of two years:

I felt embarrassed as a supporter that night. Oh god.

Quietest I've ever heard the Gabba. Was legitimately like a funeral.

Probably the second worst TV viewing experience ever. Even the Richmond flogging a few weeks back was semi-competitive on the field if not on the scoreboard. We went into that Collingwood game as favourites and ended up 61-0 down.

The worst (for me) will always be https://afltables.com/afl/stats/games/2006/141920060812.html though. I think we went in as favourites - fewer wins but a better percentage meant Richmond was pretty weak. In the days before Telstra's streaming and live games each week I got a rare FTA game into NSW, with kickoff at 10:30pm. Boy was that game worth staying up for. I couldn't even make it to the final quarter "rally" - it's still about the only game I've switched off in disgust.

Back