Trades Round 7 trades; Hayes to Hayes and then??

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure which one of those to pick, all good options.

Glad to see you are backing in Curtis as a decent bubble boy next week :thumbsu:
Yep I reckon Curtis will be good.
He leads away from Larkey and actually improves our forward line.
Will snag a few goals along the way I hope.

Lots of piggy traders in here- all you kents better not break him
Warning Anthony Anderson GIF by HULU

Nope I fall well short.
It has to be done over 2 weeks.
I like the idea of taking Walsh over Cripps.
He would be a decent POD I reckon.
I'm gonna force JHF to M9 is the plan. Run him right up to his r14 bye.
Daicos will be similar one of the last rookies to go.
I am trying to keep rookies who can tonne up for 2 trades a week time.
Its boost season right now. So next week will be 3 trades of dead rookies or crabs to a SP.

I think it'll be closer than you think, based on this week's prices you're in the ball park, though the fluctuations could kill it

88,600 (bank) + 426,500 (Rioli) + 322,200 (JHF) + 381,700 (Daicos)
= 1,219,000

117,300 (Curtis) + 521,100 (Cripps) + 578,600 (Miller)
= 1,217,000

but I respect the plan to hold the two rookies who can score well and have great job security.

Hewett out means a definite donut in the backline to go with a possible in the forward line and there's not a god damn thing I can do about it no matter how many times I reverse trades and try all of the things.

Ended up doing McCartin, JHF & Rowell > Oliver, Coleman, Hayes
Rowell?

His BE is now very manageable and has plenty more cash to make providing Dew does not play him as a tagger.

Rowell was much better last week when he was allowed to hunt for the ball instead of worrying about his man.

I think it'll be closer than you think, based on this week's prices you're in the ball park, though the fluctuations could kill it

88,600 (bank) + 426,500 (Rioli) + 322,200 (JHF) + 381,700 (Daicos)
= 1,219,000

117,300 (Curtis) + 521,100 (Cripps) + 578,600 (Miller)
= 1,217,000

but I respect the plan to hold the two rookies who can score well and have great job security.
I might be dreaming a bit.
But I would love my bench to be JHF, Ward, Macdonald when the byes hit.
Trade all 3 in round 14 trades.
Next week
Rioli to Curtis
Paddy to Cripps
Dixon to Dempsey
This would leave me 240k to get Touk the following week.
Potentially Gibcus/SDK to a rookie.
Ward/Durdin to Touk.
Reset some s**t rookies
keep all my good rookies.
One less on the field.

Rowell?

His BE is now very manageable and has plenty more cash to make providing Dew does not play him as a tagger.

Rowell was much better last week when he was allowed to hunt for the ball instead of worrying about his man.
Rowell should go OK this week vs Collingwood. He will have a dominant ruck.

Rowell?

I may end up doing JHF, McCartin, Hayes > Oliver, Hayes, Clark (yes i know he hasnt played a game but i am strapped for cash)

That leaves my backline for the round as Pendles, Short, Daicos, NOD, SDK & Perez with Hewett and Young on my bench :$

That said, my midfield is then 'Complete'

I might be dreaming a bit.
But I would love my bench to be JHF, Ward, Macdonald when the byes hit.
Trade all 3 in round 14 trades.
Next week
Rioli to Curtis
Paddy to Cripps
Dixon to Dempsey
This would leave me 240k to get Touk the following week.
Potentially Gibcus/SDK to a rookie.
Ward/Durdin to Touk.
Reset some s**t rookies
keep all my good rookies.
One less on the field.
Love it, it's a season long game and if you can pull it off you'd be better placed than say me with McDonald, Hough, etc types on the pine.

Fingers crossed it all works out as planned.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton should win, you never know, he could kick 3 or 4 and have an 80. Be a good time to do it.

This is triggering for Carlton fans, and now you know we won't win, we'll be awful, and JHF will score 115 on my bench.

Hewett out means a definite donut in the backline to go with a possible in the forward line and there's not a god damn thing I can do about it no matter how many times I reverse trades and try all of the things.
Good post to avatar correlation

Hi all,

Looking at the following trades.

Hayes > hayes
Xerri > parker
Grundy > steele

Leaves me with the following team. Can loop either de koning or rachele with hewett. D8AB266E-45FB-4AFD-B8DD-BB529CD116F9.png 05C7E477-D392-42BD-AEBC-6041490CC6C0.png

23 trades, 3 boosts & 9k left.

Grundy, Hayes & Xerri out. Cripps, Hayes & Heeney in.

Got 22 playing as it stands.
Hayes at R2, no cover. What could go wrong?? Hopefully he lasts 4 weeks. If it blows up, means two trades to fix. 🙏

Rookies & bench.

Def: Daicos, NOD, De Koning (Skinner, McCartin)

Mids: Martin (Hewett, Ward, Owens)

Ruck: S. Hayes (Dixon)

Fwds: Rosas (McDonald, Durdin)

There is every chance that Parker will be one of the top FWDs, and Xerri is OUT for multiple games. I'd do it
Yep, want Parker, just gonna make it much more difficult to upgrade my defence the way I wanted to, might have to wait a few extra rounds to build up more cash. Basically running a two premo defense with Hewett and Short, with Whitfield, Bowey, Daicos and O'Driscoll all needing upgrading. Hopefully my completed midfield can carry.

Just saw the Thursday night teams and so much carnage. Prior to teams dropping, and with the players I though would be returning, even before trades I was going to have cover on every line and loops everywhere but the ruck. After teams were announced and before trades I now have virtually no cover and one donut.

Time to use a trade boost to fix things.

If Rosas makes the final cut tonight then he'll be on the bubble and has to come in. S.Hayes is also on the bubble and has to come in, although he'll be trapped on my ruck bench. Oliver is a must have in my final team and his price has now bottomed out.

English > S.Hayes
Durdin > Rosas
Ward > Oliver
$143k in the bank

If Rosas misses the final cut Durdin stays and the boost won't be needed.

Not rapt in losing English, who I've had from the start, but he'll miss at least 2 more weeks and trading him is the best way to make Oliver affordable. Leaves a ruck combo of Gawn R1, Preuss R2 and S.Hayes R3 which seems safe. English will come back before his price rises, (possibly fwd), and end up R2 when Preuss or Hayes max out.

Grundy > Pruess
Hayes > Touk (Brodie FWD)
This for me as well. Will boost if Rosas plays this week for Hinge and $$ grab.

Had originally locked in Hayes -> Hayes and Jackson -> Parker
BUT
Now Hewitt is out, would cop a donut down back if Hinge doesn't play, so contemplating

Hayes -> Hayes and Jackson -> Vlastuin (via McCartin DPP)

Does Vlastuin keep it up and become a top 10 defender??

Look, he MIGHT. He's a very good footballer, and his role may have shifted a bit.

But history suggests not. At least be clear what you're buying. Don't be too shocked and dismayed if he starts dropping 70-90s.

1651208184296.png

Had originally locked in Hayes -> Hayes and Jackson -> Parker
BUT
Now Hewitt is out, would cop a donut down back if Hinge doesn't play, so contemplating

Hayes -> Hayes and Jackson -> Vlastuin (via McCartin DPP)

Can you get someone better than Flosstone...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back