Autopsy Round 8, 2021: Gold Coast v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Our own players don't understand it so there is no hope its going to help opposition clubs

Should have blurred out the words better, not giving that much away anyway since you can only have so many moves in chess about where to place pawns, and this is but one single play.

If people can see the value of a Billings when a team is struggling during a game, you might as well give the game away.

If you can stomach it, and I can't blame you if you can't, go back and watch Billings in the first half. He was keeping us in the game with the sheer quality of his performance.

It would be sheer lunacy to trade Billings unless it meant something like a Taranto and at least another quality player.

Still I would be hesitant. Billings one of the few top quality players we have.

Again I'm not saying we should do anything, just saying it shouldn't be taboo on here. He played well and probably won us the match but he's been a GOP most of his career with flashes of brilliance. It might free up money for Merrett, over paying guys like Acres, Dunstan and Billings has meant we have our cap pretty maxed for not much return. If he wants to stay and take a bit of a hair cut to keep the squad together he's more than welcome.

I watch games. Polec isn’t and wasn’t in billings class.

He came 5th in their best and fairest in 2018 and they were a much better side than us in the same period. He was a serious player at Port, his time at North has tarnished his career. I doubt Billings has ever had a top 5 finish.

Prob means Wood holds his spot. FMD.

At least he must be due for one of his second coming of Wayne Carey games before going back to being s**t again.

Five players all up got fines for those melees. How TF you pick out 5 from what was close to all of the players involved at halftime. I dunno...
Melee?

At what point does it become a 'mostly peaceful protest'?

Melee?

At what point does it become a 'mostly peaceful protest'?

Yeah I dunno, I didn't even really see any jumper punches/short forearm-type actions in any of it. It's pretty much wrestling and dragging someone to the ground. But somehow Max King, who was one that got dumped at the end of the 2nd quarter finds himself fined. Paddy Ryder was the bloke who gave a little short elbow/block to Sam Collins that started it at the end of the 2nd and he got nothing lol. I honestly have no idea how they decide who gets the fines out of those little wrestles.

Last edited:
McKenzie
Jack Crisp has played on Jack Lonie nearly every game we’ve played last few years.

Highmore ...needed in my opinion ...Webster’s spot , seeing that Ratts has continually pushed
Hill back as defensive wingman , that’s what they’ve practiced the last 2 weeks , to get run because
we have had none ..

Who plays on Rohan is a question I’d be asking.

On SM-G977B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Prob means Wood holds his spot. FMD.
We’re playing a side that just beat up a triple premiership team and humiliated us last year.

How about we don’t play a delisted north player who was comfortably the worst on ground in one of the shittest games in years.

Straight up tanking if that happens...

Highmore, Lonie, Carlisle... any of these guys are better options regardless of positions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Typical AFL making no sense with the charges they hand out.

Lemmens should consider himself very lucky.

Nah, he's fine, should have maybe picked Butler up in a headlock, lifted him up on his shoulder then just roundhouse kicked off instead of just dumping him. Chook lotto but since he was already "in" the melee, the AFL are always considering who "actively enters" it.

Hence Ming - you're at the bottom of that pack, you obviously started s**t by nagging.
Player who then dumped Ming - you're fine, that's you "dtopping" a melle by dropping someone their arse illegally, but no melee.

Except;

Everyone that entered at this point - your fine for esclating, because now it's an actual melee and not just just an illegal action where the controlling ump should have called a free to kill it. Whoops?

Butler - this is where you enteredand Lemmons dumped you like a sack of s**t, don't enter a melee boyo.
Collins - you then ran at Jones to start second scuffle, don't enter into a second melee boyo.
Membrey - you jogged in at the end of the first melee and were involved in the second one, don't exist there boyo.

Job done from an MRP perspective, expect the ump dept to state "2 seconds before these fines happened we should have blew a whistle but didn't. Doesn't mean anything since we drop balls often and these people should know better."

We don’t make things easy for Max just kick it on top of his head when he is out numbered it’s a poor plan . A couple of times when the ball was put it front of him he looked so much better, A couple of weeks at Sandy for him wouldn’t hurt for his confidence
Mowman if we’re really honest about it Max drops a lot of marks that he should take. I agree yes we often don’t kick it well to him. But he doesn’t have sticky hands. I hope that develops in time.

Mowman if we’re really honest about it Max drops a lot of marks that he should take. I agree yes we often don’t kick it well to him. But he doesn’t have sticky hands. I hope that develops in time.
Just to add to this though. My belief is Max is a superior footballer to Ben. Ben got 2 goals via “joe the goose” handballs, Max played a poor game by his standard and still generated more shots at goal and also sets up goals via his ground work. If we can fix Max’s hands and set shot then we have a potential once in 20 year type footballer.

Just to add to this though. My belief is Max is a superior footballer to Ben. Ben got 2 goals via “joe the goose” handballs, Max played a poor game by his standard and still generated more shots at goal and also sets up goals via his ground work. If we can fix Max’s hands and set shot then we have a potential once in 20 year type footballer.
Agree with a lot of that and Max has only played 25 games but does drop a lot that he shouldn’t

bit harsh on Ben he will be a very bloody good player

Last edited:
Yeah I dunno, I didn't even really see any jumper punches/short forearm-type actions in any of it. It's pretty much wrestling and dragging someone to the ground. But somehow Max King, who was one that got dumped at the end of the 2nd quarter finds himself fined. Paddy Ryder was the bloke who gave a little short elbow/block to Sam Collins that started it at the end of the 2nd and he got nothing lol. I honestly have no idea how they decide who gets the fines out of those little wrestles.
I think there was a lack of evidence.

1620561381864.png

Agree with a lot of that and Max has only played 25 games but does drop a lot that he shouldn’t

bit harsh on Ben he will be a very bloody good player
I didn’t say a bad word about Ben. He will be a star (if he isn’t already). I just think that Max is the superior talent (also their fathers words not just mine).

I didn’t say a bad word about Ben. He will be a star (if he isn’t already). I just think that Max is the superior talent (also their fathers words not just mine).

I noticed when they were talking at the end of the game that Max seems to have a couple of centimetres on him too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back