Preview Round 8, 2024: St.Kilda v North Melbourne - Marvel Stadium, Saturday 4 May, 4.35pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoa!

North match up on us reeeeeeal well and will have been setting themselves for us as they would see us as gettable.

Maybe this could be one of those rare weekends a holiday is advisable if you think we already have the points.

Interestingly North are all midfield and we have none. It will be interesting to see how it plays out. Marshall and Steele both banged-up and not training.

Our midfield could be very threadbare.

I reckon Lyon will be safe until the end of his contract. He is the equivalent of Paul Roos for Melbourne. He's there to tidy up the mess and have a successor ready to take over once he's done. Wouldn't surprise me if he then takes on an admin role within the club afterwards either.

Our club is reactive. As soon as pressure comes they knife the coach. Don't put your house on it.

Whats in a name - lets pick someone because they play a "position" and we have a vacancy in that position - don't worry whether they are any good at it or not (ATM).

Wood is fwd until he's a winger, Sinclair is a hbf until he is a mid. Sharman is - well pick a position any position.

On exposed form Garcia is a better option as a pressure fwd simply because he has played in that position, does actually provide pressure and can run through the mid if needed.

I'd prefer Byrnes as the other option simply because of his AFL experience and his more developed body strength.

Collard will be great but I don't think we are traveling well enough or settled enough to carry a very low possession young very light fwd on the assumption he might provide a highlight or two.

I'd. rather gamble on the kids when the position is empty anyway. There is never a good time to expose the kids but forced hands can unearth talent.

All the preseason talk about how good we looked. How the standards were elite.

Now we're a few mids short of being a sure thing against north

FMD

I'll ask again... WTF did Brendan Goddard do to earn the right to be our midfield coach?

What makes Robert Harvey a good forwards coach? Holding Owens back from the midfield?.. yeah... na.

Injury to a s**t midfield and forwards have decimated us. Not their fault. Wood, Henry, Dow, Crouch all injured. Steele and Marshall now too. Sincs not 100% after a long lay off. Butler down, King suspended and injured. Seb Ross looking cooked. Amazing that we are competitive.

I'd. rather gamble on the kids when the position is empty anyway. There is never a good time to expose the kids but forced hands can unearth talent.
After Tim Membrey, every other fwd is 23 or way less.

I reckon we've already got more than our share of kids on the fwd line

Any idea when we find out about Higgins appeal?

Also…. Can someone at training just ask ross when he walks past why Owans isn’t playing mid rotations?

Any idea when we find out about Higgins appeal?

Also…. Can someone at training just ask ross when he walks past why Owans isn’t playing mid rotations?
Remember to duck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our club is reactive. As soon as pressure comes they knife the coach. Don't put your house on it.
Bassett would have to commit Harkari too. They've gone all in and it runs deep. The whole project (coaches, fitness guys, etc.) even ex-players, would have to fall on their swords. That's A LOT of ego's.
I'm not saying it wouldn't happen, but I think the whole thing has been done to mitigate our past flightiness, and our willingness to throw babies and bathwater around willy nilly without a thought for consequence.
You're right though...I wouldn't bet MY house.
That prick down the road though 🤔

Injury to a s**t midfield and forwards have decimated us. Not their fault. Wood, Henry, Dow, Crouch all injured. Steele and Marshall now too. Sincs not 100% after a long lay off. Butler down, King suspended and injured. Seb Ross looking cooked. Amazing that we are competitive.
A mixture of system & luck has somehow made our results "appear" competitive against stronger opposition.
It's been a weird ride.

Higgins 3 weeks stands.

If I could bottle up why I don't watch the game as a sport anymore. There it is folks.

Somehow Higgins has a duty of care to Alir but Alir has no duty of care to himself.

It's okay though give the player with the ball 3 mins to get rid of it after dragging 2 players with them doing a 360 and then throwing it over their head.

Just come out and say if you elect to tackle and any injury occurs during it, you're liable for.

Last edited:
Need a run-with role for Harry Sheezell.
Left field option- can Hastie pick him up as a defensive forward?

Retain his spot and pick up a role.

Between the weekly free kick count fiasco, the King suspension, the Charlie Cameron debacle, the Toby Green “nothing to see here” embarrassment, the so called expert journalists who said we were no good but are now bagging the s**t out of us because we’re no good, and this Higgins comedy, I reckon I’m done.

The AFL is absolutely cooked. We are constantly treated with utter contempt and always have been. But hey, the big clubs are at the top and drawing huge crowds.

Should have just done a few lines and inhaled copious amounts of bongs then taken a week off.

Shattered for Jack.

Just fold us and put us out of our 150 year misery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back