Preview Round 8, Western Bulldogs vs Brisbane Lions, Etihad Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope Eagles bounces back for a solid second game at this pace. Him and N.Robbo across the backline at the same time? Hodge in the mix too? Our backline just got like 3000x rougher.

edit: "more rougher", wtf. My brain can't English properly right now.

Last edited:
Hope Eagles bounces back for a solid second game at this pace. Him and N.Robbo across the backline at the same time? Hodge in the mix too? Our backline just got like 3000x more rougher.

They may just kill someone if they both go hard for the one player...

When you look at the teams we are going in extremely tall compared to the Dogs, one of the changes for them was a tall out ie. Tim English, and I thought we had one too many tall's before the team announcement.

A bit worried they might run us off our feet, and that we may find match ups a bit of a problem. Hopefully I'm wrong and we find them out with our height and marking ability.

When you look at the teams we are going in extremely tall compared to the Dogs, one of the changes for them was a tall out ie. Tim English, and I thought we had one too many tall's before the team announcement.

A bit worried they might run us off our feet, and that we may find match ups a bit of a problem. Hopefully I'm wrong and we find them out with our height and marking ability.

They don't have a key forward but we have two 2m tall key backs

Tom Boyd will be up forward at least a little bit...But yeah we have to hope they go for Long Bombs and that Andrews and Eagles can just dominate aerially.

Actually Boyd v Stefan should be fun, Stefan should by all rights give him an absolute bath.

I really think Fages is trying to bed down a structure that works for us for the next five years rather than playing to the opponent.

The current structure matches personnel pieces that we have on our list and are looking to develop more so than some of the players listed to play.

Makes things hard now but hopefully the cohesion and familiarity will pay off over time.

Tom Boyd will be up forward at least a little bit...But yeah we have to hope they go for Long Bombs and that Andrews and Eagles can just dominate aerially.

Actually Boyd v Stefan should be fun, Stefan should by all rights give him an absolute bath.
Bulldogs get a bath in the hitouts every week but play for it and still do well in clearances. I hope we plan on getting stef to do some innovative taps like the long ones Nic Nat does to Shuey. We need to get better at playing to our match up strengths.

Not surprised to see them giving English a spell, I expect Stef would've towelled him up. Will be interesting to see what ruck strategy they go with. I know Bont did a bit a couple of weeks ago, but he is back in after a hip injury, would be strange to throw him in the ruck & risk damage. Someone will have to help Boyd though. Looking like an area we will dominate in the game, lets see if we can turn it into an advantage.

Umpires:

[3] Leigh Fisher, [6] Dean Margetts, [19] Alex Whetton

Meh, Three, Six, Nine[teen], close enough… in before Mr Ripper

When we win, will that be ALL to The Whetton Bar for a re-enactment?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Umpires:

[3] Leigh Fisher, [6] Dean Margetts, [19] Alex Whetton
Great; Leigh Fisher :rolleyes:

We’re bound to get reamed by the umps on Saturday night. Never have I seen us not be on the end of dodgy umpiring when Leigh Fisher is officiating.

Great; Leigh Fisher :rolleyes:

We’re bound to get reamed by the umps on Saturday night. Never have I seen us not be on the end of dodgy umpiring when Leigh Fisher is officiating.
Glass half full, at least it's not a Schmitt/Fisher duet like the GCS game! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back