Review Round 9, 2019 - Brisbane Lions vs. Adelaide

Who were your five best players against Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I tipped him for a BREAKOUT GAME today and he played well. Very happy to have him in my votes. Rayner is the only out, making way for Keays. Rayner needs to play games in the reserves where he gets plenty of the ball. The other members of FAGANS FAB FOUR, Rose to the occasion today. He did not.

Ironic with your boy Walker having a stinker.

Well after the maggots give themselves the 3 and 2 votes, they’ll remember what their jobs actually are and give the 1 vote to Neale who was absolutely immense.

Hopefully that game was the making of McStay. That goal from 60 was incredible.

Rayner is the only one I'd drop but we might need someone to make way for Hodge. Probably Lester although he was good again today.

Are we sure Hodgey will be straight back though? Calfs at 35 might be something that niggles him for a week or two more. Probably will be Lester but thought he was good today too. That 2 on 1 he won was an absolutely superb moment.

Geez that was sweet. Could’ve won by more, but we’ve been beaten up by sides like them for the past decade. It’s nice to get one back in emphatic fashion.
Been some frustrations, but I get the feeling we’re not far from putting it all together and dominating for four quarters soon.
A sublime demonstration of pressure today.

Ironic with your boy Walker having a stinker.
Can’t star every game, but he has been consistent. He is also ‘our’ boy, running out there in the mighty maroon and blue!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was one of the most disgraceful umpiring efforts this season and we still managed to hold on. Tissue paper defence not ideal and will need to be much better to have a chance against freo.

i'm almost gushing i'm so pumped up. But hippys hands are finally giving me some faith, not many of those silly purposely pops to a second grab. McStay looks like he needs only minute adjustments and will have gecko hands, he is leaping (and impacting well) at a lot of contests!

also are knock ons counted as disposals? i can recall two excellent ones by zorko which were sublime.

Harris Andrews had a huge game. We need to find someone to replace Walker to play on the number 1 key forward and allow Andrews to intercept and setup.

Probably the best game we've played under Fagan.

I think we're firming to make the top 8.

Neale huge again. Well supported by Clug, Lyons, Berry and Robbo who were all serviceable.

Breakout game for McStay. Hipwood and Cameron dangerous as always. Dissapointing from Rayner and McCarthy who at least provided some defensive pressure.

Backline didn't play that well apart from Andrews. Maybe missed Hodge a little.
Lester was excellent.

Well we get the 4 points and boy was it struggle. How on earth we only won by 1 point after that McStay goal is absolutley beyond me. The lapses we are having are just so extreme, its incredibly frustrating. Some big performances. Shout out to be boy McStay. Lester was good, halved a bunch of 2 on 1s - has been solid the last month. That was one of the most gut wrenching, heart stopping, frustrating game ive ever watched. Absolutley smashed by the umps, pricks.

i'm almost gushing i'm so pumped up. But hippys hands are finally giving me some faith, not many of those silly purposely pops to a second grab. McStay looks like he needs only minute adjustments and will have gecko hands, he is leaping (and impacting well) at a lot of contests!

also are knock ons counted as disposals? i can recall two excellent ones by zorko which were sublime.

When he took that huge mark cutting in front of the pack in the second quarter it felt like he was on the verge of taking the whole game by the scruff of the neck and exploding. Had been everywhere for like ten minutes leading up to that. In the end just sort of ended up another almost game for him but he is just building and building. If he'd kicked straight today and the last two weeks he'd be all we'd been hearing about from the media next week.

I thought Witherden was very good today. The defensive qualms I've had with him weren't an issue today. Impacted a lot of contests, went when he had to, and was still able to play that distributor role. Looked a lot better than he has last few weeks.
Rayner probably needs to go back to the reserves just to get his hands on the footy but with the win he might hold his spot.

Will need to watch the replay, but imo that was Withos best game of his career. Stellar performance.

Back