Review Round 9, 2019 - Brisbane Lions vs. Adelaide

Who were your five best players against Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Yesbwe tackled very well for the most part today. There were key moments though where we kept on falling off tackles as they got little spurts going. They have some pretty strongly built guys though who are very hard to tackle.

Rayner Walker and Answerth liabilities at present .

Everyone else did their job. Even Oscar gave us something in the last quarter
Poor Josh Walker. People have amnesia when it comes to his good games. He has been our most consistent defender this year.

People saying 'drop Walker'.. 'Walkers a liability'.. etc. It is ok to get beaten by your opponent. Can we not throw the baby out with the bath water all the time? Walker has been huge this year, Tex just got a hold of him.
I know people think that but I haven't thought that all along.

He's not that good in a contest imo.

But yes he's played a couple of good games.

But not to worry now ,let's celebrate . See who comes up next week ,could be a few sore players

Will need to watch the replay, but imo that was Withos best game of his career. Stellar performance.

He's already had some good ones but would certainly have to be up there. Defensively could easily be. One percenters not really something I've come to associate with Witho but felt like he had a lot. Really just about everyone was great with the pressure they were applying. Didn't feel like some of our other wins where it's been top notch for two quarters and then absent either. Whole game I thought our pressure was just top notch.

You know what's funny, Adelaide supporters are just as adamant that Umpires lost them the game as we are that we were hard done by.
To be fair they were getting such a great run for the first half they would have felt any free kick that went the other way was unfair. A real shock to the system.

A really good win considering the opposition was above us on the ladder. That said we've still got a lot of improvement in us. I felt like we should have won by 5 goal.

Daniel Rich has been phenomenal this season. Lachie Neale might be leading the Brownlow.

I hope we give Mitch Robinson a 2 year deal soon. He has earned it IMO.

A really good win considering the opposition was above us on the ladder. That said we've still got a lot of improvement in us. I felt like we should have won by 5 goal.

Daniel Rich has been phenomenal this season. Lachie Neale might be leading the Brownlow.

I hope we give Mitch Robinson a 2 year deal soon. He has earned it IMO.
Robbo is a gun in the contest

Yesbwe tackled very well for the most part today. There were key moments though where we kept on falling off tackles as they got little spurts going. They have some pretty strongly built guys though who are very hard to tackle.

A lot of the broken tackles were our 1-3 year guys i noticed. Would be bloody hard tackling their big mids.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why on earth are we not going 100% all out to give the heart n soul of this club a new contract?????? Well played Mitch YET AGAIN.

Is there any rush? He loves the club, the club will value the role he plays and every good game pushes up the dollars he can get. Still don't know about multi-year contracts for guys around 30 but he's definitely gonna another year at least soon enough. Year to year is reasonable when you're in his age bracket imo.

4 quarter performance today. Awesome the boys held on.
Pressure was fantastic. If they can stop missing set shots we start to move towards being a seriously good side (assuming we back it up with another 4-quarter performance next week!).

Is there any rush? He loves the club, the club will value the role he plays and every good game pushes up the dollars he can get. Still don't know about multi-year contracts for guys around 30 but he's definitely gonna another year at least soon enough. Year to year is reasonable when you're in his age bracket imo.
I heard him interviewed somewhere n he was perplexed y he hasn't been offered one. So for his sake n peace of mind it maybe reasonable unless they think they r keeping him playing on edge

Poor Josh Walker. People have amnesia when it comes to his good games. He has been our most consistent defender this year.
Disagree. I think he's been good at the intercept mark and his offensive work this year, but without looking at the stats, he's only had 2 or 3 games where he's actually beaten his opponent at the defensive stuff. Only noticeable because he's been decent with ball in hand.

Could be wrong. Haven't looked at stats or anything, but I've just been frustrated a few times this year over his key def work.

Hinge really showed something ,died out of the game but still cool under pressure last quarter.

Plus he can drift forward ,something we've been lacking a little.

But need to see him a couple more times.

It's a funny game . Charlie couldn't hit the side of a barn lately but pulled out a couple of pearlers when we needed them.

With his pace and added confidence Hipwood is going to be tearing games apart before too long

Disagree. I think he's been good at the intercept mark and his offensive work this year, but without looking at the stats, he's only had 2 or 3 games where he's actually beaten his opponent at the defensive stuff. Only noticeable because he's been decent with ball in hand.

Could be wrong. Haven't looked at stats or anything, but I've just been frustrated a few times this year over his key def work.
I'd go with Eagles every time because he's really tough in the contest and can leap higher to spoil.

I know most people don't agree

Here they are minus today.
https://afltables.com/afl/stats/players/J/Josh_Walker.html
People might remember that he played the best game of his career against Port Adelaide and probably won us the game. Took 19 marks that night. Defenders usually don’t rack up big numbers, but he has done ok. Here are Harris Andrews and Darcy Gardiner’s for comparison.
https://afltables.com/afl/stats/players/H/Harris_Andrews.html
https://afltables.com/afl/stats/players/D/Darcy_Gardiner.html

I would have all three in the team every week and let them gell as a unit.

Last edited:
Back