Game Day Round 9, 2020 - Brisbane Lions vs. Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenor.gif
tenor.gif

Having a flick through the teams and geez their backline is tall! 4 players standing at 193cms or above! Gleeson is also 190cms! I really hope we lower our eyes a bit this week! Our talls will need to work hard to bring the ball to ground if we want to play our game of forward 50 stoppages! I can’t see them being able to run with Linc let alone Charlie! Turn up the pace boys!!

Last nights game showed that there is going to be some really lopsided games over the next 18 days with some teams coming off shorter breaks.
We really need this game before 2 - 4 day turnarounds.
I am with others that we need to rest more bodies against Richmond.
And come into the Doggies game as fresh as possible, back at the Gabba too for that game.
With up to 17000 there for that game they will really want to play well, having been away for 5 games straight.

All important game tonight, Go Lions🦁

Need to win this game. Little chance of beating Tigers on Tuesday with 48 hours less rest and 3 day break. Really hope Sammy Skinner has a ripping game. No one deserves it more. Looking forward to seeing Ballenden play - he is a beautiful kick.

Bombers got us with their pace thru the middle last year and Tippa kicked 7 straight. I would put Gardiner on him.

Think Charlie due for a big game.

When I saw the team announced last night, I thought the likes of Mathieson and Chrstensen must be gutted given how far down the depth chart they are, but this morning I wonder whether some of the guys with senior games that haven't played yet will be named on Tuesday night.

All I know is that tonight's game is crucial for walking away from the next 3 game block with 2 wins. I've all but conceded the game against Richmond and hope the likes of Neale, McCluggage and Zorko are rested and can go all out tonight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Charles will fire tonight. Put him down for 2 straight ones and 2 bendy ones from the boundary.
Just a must win game, lose and we could quickly find ourselves 6-5 come next week.

When I saw the team announced last night, I thought the likes of Mathieson and Chrstensen must be gutted given how far down the depth chart they are, but this morning I wonder whether some of the guys with senior games that haven't played yet will be named on Tuesday night.

All I know is that tonight's game is crucial for walking away from the next 3 game block with 2 wins. I've all but conceded the game against Richmond and hope the likes of Neale, McCluggage and Zorko are rested and can go all out tonight.
I would assume that if we got injuries to the right personnel that Mathieson and maybe less so Bundy, would be almost next cabs off the rank. Who knows.

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY :D

Huge game tonight - and I'd like nothing better than a MASSIVE WIN to energise the squad even further. Big congratulations to the recalled players - go out and show us what you can do, boys!

LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back