Review Round 9, 2024 - Adelaide vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Our defence was a mixed bag.

Andrews had an incredible game (even with that one howler).

Payne had some great marks but also butchered it by foot and needs to keep things simple.

McKenna was diabolical. He’s been one of our worst this season since coming back from injury. Just looks slow, probably still carrying injury. He goes out for Answerth this week surely (if he’s fit)

Ah Chee had a great game. He went back to help Andrews, Payne as well in the last 2 3 minutes. Great effort, hope he can get over the injury curse and get a consistent run.

Every time we hit the post jasrulz is etching another mark into their wall at home, like a POW counting the days in captivity

crazy GIF

Surely a draw is way better than a win, not sure why others are disagreeing? Even despite morale and being away from home. Four teams likely to be between 5-10 now have a draw to their names, if we'd lost we would need an extra win to get past any of Bombers, Pies or the Crows in a race for finals...

Mediocrity has just been acceptable for these two in their whole time at the club and this is the result. Not once dropped in their careers and it shows. That being said, I agree with your post but would give Ryan a go at the expense of Hipwood.
Because we have so many injuries and no one in the seconds to take the place of Rayner, I would play him sub next week. This might be the perfect role for him as he only performs for only one or two quarters at best in a match because of his lack of fitness and his mental capabilities to keep switched on for a full game. A rampant Rayner coming on in the last half full of energy, could be dynamic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

pretty big effort get into a position to win given both teams lead up to the game

essentially full strength crows off a 10 day break and well everyone here knows the circumstances we are in

harris andrews has to be close to first picked for the all australian team. forget the fellating of weitering by the media, this guy is the best in the comp.

Bit frustrated but nowhere near as much as I have been this season.
Thought we played better than we have most of the season. Just really need to convert shots on goal.
The biggest take away from me is Berry in form, and Reville, Sharp, Morris, and Brain showing promising signs.

My expectations of this season lowered weeks ago, so that's probably playing a factor as to why I'm not bothered by this game/result. I just want to see what these new blokes have for the future.
We have Coleman, Bailey, Ashcroft and Doedee to come back into the side this season and next. I think the importance of those guys has been forgotten by the AFL world.

However I've also just started taking Ashwaghanda so maybe that s**t actually works

On SM-S906E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Thought Fletcher was good. The other kids didn't do too much
Felt like we lost (drew) it in the middle, and that was basically where we're full strength.

I do wonder whether the lack of pressure and positioning once Adelaide won the ball was dead legs from the last week though. Not sure how much slack (or not) I should be cutting them.

Probably our best result in expected scores for a few weeks.

I’m suddenly and wholly in favour of using expected score as a tie-breaker in draws.

Brain, Reville and Morris simply must stay in. Each of them offers something we need. Brain wasn’t overawed at all in some big moments and was a bigger factor in one quarter than Prior was in three. Reville got burned by a few players when he was the right option in space. We will see him at his best when he has ball in hand and can be selective with his kicks.

Berry is back to his best. Ah Chee just finds ways to contribute in games. Payne showed a fair bit of poise and toughness.

Rayner and McKenna have been very disappointing the last two games. The rest of the team has lifted noticeably but not convinced they have. Rayner could learn a lot from watching a replay of Ah Chee’s game. Not Neale’s best game but he kept trying.

I think Sharp is worth persevering with for the moment. He shows enough and is getting tougher each game. He is playing a very tough role to master, the same with Lohmann. If we give them a run of games they will be better for the experience.

Be thankful for Froggy getting his hand to that ball late in the game or it would have all been over.

We’re missing 7 - 6 if you don’t include Answorth from our 1st 22. Given that I felt the effort today was really good - we just can’t covert at times and that bad kicking did us. Today we had Sharp, Logan, Brain and Neville. It was the older players - Rayner and Eric who should have put their goals through. Felt we could have won it. Just hope we can keep going next week. Spotlight will definitely be on Richmond this week and they play the Gabba well.

Because we have so many injuries and no one in the seconds to take the place of Rayner, I would play him sub next week. This might be the perfect role for him as he only performs for only one or two quarters at best in a match because of his lack of fitness and his mental capabilities to keep switched on for a full game. A rampant Rayner coming on in the last half full of energy, could be dynamic.
You did read that I agreed with Mayestro post right? I only suggested perhaps Ryan in place of Eric. Perhaps re-read my post before having a crack.

I think there was a very obvious four best players - Andrews, Payne, Ah Chee and Berry. For the fifth vote I gave it to Dunkley for being one of the few players to stick tackles. The rest need extra tackling practice.
Geez - I thought Hugh was clearly our best - different views

Back