Prediction Round 9, 2024: Changes vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reminds me of an ex’s kid, about 7 or 8 getting into who was who.
Dockers mad sadly but reading everything he could and memorising footy card stats etc.

He once walked up to me and said…

‘Why is Nat Fyfe so good at AFL?’

‘Oh I don’t know matey, what do you think?’

‘Nat Fyfe is the prototype of modern AFL footballers and was born to play football at the top level.’

walks off

‘Oh right ok then’
Did you tell the ex that's why it went south?

Yeah I was desparate to manage his expectations... he wanted and was convinced he was getting Harley (don't they all) and I was saying he would be very lucky to get any eagle... lucky he got one!

I did a quick search on Nick Daicos, disappointed it only goes for $5 on ebay :p
There will be some sort of holographic gold foil blah blah blah version that will be the money version

Our saviour? Simmo said matter-of-factly in interview 'Sheed will come in and step up'...
Hope he can speed up as well...?

441655745_859816739512374_4682479237686091688_n.jpg

Schoey interviewed Yeo after the game, he was still having a laugh and didn't sound too dejected so hopefully it's just something minor. Really need some others to start contributing on ball so all the heavy lifting isn't left to him, Reid and Kelly all the time
Need some more grunt in the guts

Not sure who i want out most, Sheed, Ryan or Ledwards.

Ryan is horribly unfit and horribly out of touch. He really shouldn't be playing, he got brought back way too quickly courtesy of credits/membership and has looked well off the pace. I'm not sure this changes anytime soon either.

Sheed is just so past AFL quality at this point it's not even a question. 14 disposals at 64%, 2 clearances and 4 clangers. We can get that sort of output from a rookie mid. What is the MC hoping happens here? Even at his best he's still not what we want in this team long term.

Ledwards 11 touches, 1 contested, 4 clangers. Clear OUT for hunt IMO.

Pre WAFL game

OUT - Sheed, Ledwards, Long
IN - Hunt, Maric, Trew/Hall

Still not sure what to do about Johnston either. Probably axe.
Chesser 8 touches 2 clangers

+ A goal.

The fact he's hit the scoreboard a few times this year and popping up with a goal every other game is his saving grace at the moment.
Yeah last week's was a cracker from 15cm out
His saving grace is someone on the match committee. Been subbed 3 out of 4
4 goals in 8 games! What the friar tuck.
Out with sheed n Co
Good to see another debutant this week
Hope he gets same treatment

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Give Hall a go for sure and cut him the same slack as chesser

I’ve temporarily thread banned you from the Chesser thread already

Next pointless post about Chesser and it’ll be a day off

It’s ******* tiresome

So what are the expectations for tomorrow?

With the outs for both teams, I'm hoping to keep it under a 5 goal loss.

With a bit of luck, we might even jag a win.
Last week's loss against Essendon is looking pretty good.

I’ve temporarily thread banned you from the Chesser thread already

Next pointless post about Chesser and it’ll be a day off

It’s ******* tiresome
People are entitled to opinions. Whose the pleb who keeps barking on about how good he is!
I've read some utter lubtish on here too but that's what makes the world go round.

Probably similar for me. Spirited fight, some glimpses from Dewar and Johnston, more from Chesser and Maric and something special from Ginbey and Reid to round it out.

I reckon we might be a half a chance. Their midfield will be quite inexperienced aside from Pendlebury, but theyre not teenagers like we will be relying on.
Their systems and structures are better than ours, but as long as we dont let them get too much easy transition ball into their forward line to give their second tier forwards a chance we should be ok I think.
Probably a low scoring game, I just dont know how good the collingwood players they brought in are to know how much of a chance we are lol

Hoping to A win the contest, play our way, slow their transition, if it leads to a win? ill take it

Looking at the match ups I’ve just got a feeling our young mids Reid, Ginbey and Chess will explode tomorrow. Hoping the Maynard match up will take Liam to a place he remembers how to play his best footy and looking forward to a lot of ball heading to JWill and Maric to see if they can step up without both Oscar and Waterman.

Looking at the match ups I’ve just got a feeling our young mids Reid, Ginbey and Chess will explode tomorrow. Hoping the Maynard match up will take Liam to a place he remembers how to play his best footy and looking forward to a lot of ball heading to JWill and Maric to see if they can step up without both Oscar and Waterman.
Hope so but I can also see us getting pumped

Glimpse into the future without Yeo.

Who will be our number 2 mid is the million dollar question. I thought Sheed would be conversation but evidently not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back