Autopsy Round 9, 2024: Positives and Negatives vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

So does Pendlebury get suspended for the deliberate trip on Reid in the first?

Of course not, just a good bloke I imagine and his leg spasmed in the direction of Reid's ankle of its own accord.

Also Witho was crazy good, that game gets better the more I think about it.

Kicking skills, bravery, little tap ons, he had it all.
Except letting opponents off the chain . Its never been his offence or intent that is the problem its his inability to defend an opponent who has any sort of pace.

Positive: Got a nice laugh about the Vic bubble these clowns live in.

Asked by a Pies fan near me “so what’s the big sport in WA?”
“Footy”
“Yeah fair enough, how many fans would the Eagles have do you reckon?”
“We hit about 100k every year for members”
“Nah not the stadium, like how many members.”

…I…I just said…

Anyway, evidently the Victorian brain cannot comprehend that the Pies and Richmond are comparative minnows in this country.

I’ll cop that we’re dogshit so that’s playing a part, but non Vics don’t get a look in over here. For the lack of knowledge about us, Freo might as well not even exist. If it doesn’t take place in one of two postcodes, they just put a line through it.

Should have let this league go bust imo.
Respectfully, the best argument is the crowds you get outside of WA which comparatively speaking don’t hold up against some of the bigger clubs. Also one of two teams in the state and have a much bigger population per team. Plus footy dominates over here, a bit more diverse in VIC.

Lots of calls for sheed to be dropped, which is fair, but I don't know why everyone is letting Ryan off the hook. I watched this at the ground from level 3 and his lack of effort in the first half was disgusting. Just couldn't be bothered running hard, whether to pressure or lead. Ended up with no stats in a half of footy.

He finally fired up in the 4th when he got a sniff, which is just as damning as it shows he could have worked harder earlier. I'd be dropping him if only to enforce standards.
You mean the forth when sheed lined up on Josh daicos?
Josh had 15 possessions in the 4th quarter

Witherden was really good, Dewar showed nice signs and Ginbey and Chesser continue to grow.

Unfortunately due to injuries, we're back in the position of having to persist with players who shouldn't really be getting picked at this level. Can't get Yeo, Waterman, Allen, Flynn etc back soon enough
Or alternatively, don't do the thing we've done the past 3 years and rush players back underdone.
Give them all an extra 1 or 2 weeks.
Nabbing 1 extra win for good feels and rooting our players health isn't worth it.

Last edited:
Positive: Got a nice laugh about the Vic bubble these clowns live in.

Asked by a Pies fan near me “so what’s the big sport in WA?”
“Footy”
“Yeah fair enough, how many fans would the Eagles have do you reckon?”
“We hit about 100k every year for members”
“Nah not the stadium, like how many members.”

…I…I just said…

Anyway, evidently the Victorian brain cannot comprehend that the Pies and Richmond are comparative minnows in this country.

I’ll cop that we’re dogshit so that’s playing a part, but non Vics don’t get a look in over here. For the lack of knowledge about us, Freo might as well not even exist. If it doesn’t take place in one of two postcodes, they just put a line through it.

Should have let this league go bust imo.
Coming from someone apparently in vic, i don't like your bias.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lots of calls for sheed to be dropped, which is fair, but I don't know why everyone is letting Ryan off the hook. I watched this at the ground from level 3 and his lack of effort in the first half was disgusting. Just couldn't be bothered running hard, whether to pressure or lead. Ended up with no stats in a half of footy.

He finally fired up in the 4th when he got a sniff, which is just as damning as it shows he could have worked harder earlier. I'd be dropping him if only to enforce standards.
Yep watched from level 3, his efforts in the last earn him nothing in my eyes, he was disgustingly lazy.

Respectfully, the best argument is the crowds you get outside of WA which comparatively speaking don’t hold up against some of the bigger clubs. Also one of two teams in the state and have a much bigger population per team. Plus footy dominates over here, a bit more diverse in VIC.
Respectfully, when Brian Taylor and Richo find out live during the game (for about the 15th time it seems) that the Eagles have shitloads of members and money, I feel pretty validated in the fact that the non Vics don’t get a look in in Victoria.

So yes, naturally they won’t be huge draws when they rock up here compared to the traditional Big Vics facing off because, despite existing for four decades, it’s been decided we don’t exist half the time. We don’t draw because we don’t get 15 free marquee games ever year, and ‘traditional’ time slots created for us on an annual basis.

Appreciate BT and Richo are ****wits, but when you’ve got punters and media alike surprised to find out entry level facts about a club four decades after they started, I think it backs up my concept of the bubble reasonably well.

For what it’s worth, I’m staying in Geelong for a wedding this weekend. Appreciate Geelong will rightly be the focus, as WCE/FRE are at home, but you’d struggle to pick out which team they were facing and indeed subsequently which team beat them this week. Not an Eagles issue, an ‘interstate’ (read: Non-Vic) issue.

Umpiring. Even if the umpiring had gone our way we'd have been belted, but the umps made things even worse. No intention of enduring the replay to confirm my suspicions, but at the game it seemed we copped some very harsh free kicks against yet numerous ones the other way were missed.
Yeah I feel we were on the wrong side of a lot of inconsistency today.

Of course ‘noise of affirmation’ only happens in Perth.

Happy for him to keep getting away with dirty s**t then?
Weak.
Isn’t tripping just a fine anyway? Clear as day but will never (and don’t think he even can?) get suspended for it. Easy fine, into the AFL Christmas party fund.

I think Dewar gave at least 3 stats to Liam in that last quarter which was some good decision making , if I remember correctly ..

The only challenge is that it’s a little tall, but if we can unearth one more X factor creative small forward, what looked like a looming weakness suddenly feels quite secure given Waterman, JWill and Maric’s continued growth.

we need to get NGA Champion at the draft ..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back