Trades Round 9 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brockman hasn't been in the emergencies recently if I remember correctly. Has he played well for Box Hill? I have him sitting dead on my bench but he came in handy as a dpp last week to loop in Rowes 81

I’d be very surprised if Brockman is named. 10 touches and a goal in the VFL last round. There’s a few in front of him to get a go. Can see him getting back in later in the year but i doubt any time soon. JOM and Gunston should be back in this week for Jeka and Moore IMO

tenor.gif

Fraud, we don't get enough Scarlett gifs around here anymore.

I started playing SC/AF/DT shortly after the birth of our first child. The amount of parental responsibility that I've managed to get out of over the years by focusing on my fantasy teams instead has been more impressive than any of my overall rankings. :)
So many tricks.

Mrs OA "Iron it yourself for once". OA badly irons, completely lost.
Mrs OA looks on frustrated, "Give it here you idiot!"
OA never irons again.

OA washing greasy pan with baked on roast bits. Uses basic sponge, cold water & leftover hand soap pieces, that he says saves money.
Mrs OA, "it's still greasy, why would you use cold water & not a decent scouring sponge?" "Git it here you idiot!"
OA never washes a roasting pan again.

Jezza at an interesting price worth a punt?
View attachment 1124040

i think he goes 90+
scoring will be up and down.
I'm interested. 22 touches and almost 500 metres gained on the weekend, crazy. Also a handy 6 goals. So he's doing it further up the ground, kicking it forward, as well as getting on the end of it. He could be a great pick-up at that price

Gday Wayne and BF Crew,

This is my team. I have 19 trades and $19K.

At the moment I like Tex-Poulter and Gulden-Byrnes or Tex-Poulter and Gulden-Titch but TBHthe trades are getting tougher every week. My Rank has gone from 400-700-1000 and then to 2000ish this week. The slide is depressing.:

View attachment 1123948
Gday mate

That's better, I can see the team
You have 6 on-field Rookies ....trading Tex down gives you 7 rookies to clear with only 19 trades, not factoring in injuries

If this were my side ....Trade Gulden to RCD ...you already have 2 COLL Rookies ...gives you $178K in the Bank

Trade Tex to Marshall (if passed fit)

OR

Tex to RCD via moving Scott FWD ....gives you a Bank of $315K

Gulden to whoever up to $597K ..... Oliver, Steele, Titch ....but consider Laird for his DPP
Factor in your Byes and how many Premo's you have by bye currently

Fellas, what's the history of broken wrists in the AFL?

Is 2 weeks out for Bolton realistic (just miss round 9 and 10, return in round 11 before the bye), is will it be 3 weeks + the bye?

Stephenson has a fractured wrist, is going in for surgery, and is set to miss 6 weeks.

I was watching On the Couch on delay after watching lego masters with the kids (ok the kids weren't watching) and learned Bolton was out, thoughts went to SC, "maybe I can cover him, but what about Dan Houston"

Now you're telling me Stephenson is out for 6 weeks too?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely paying $615k for Ridley, only for him to score 30 and get KO'd, miss a week, then come back for back to back 80s is punishment enough. I traded Daniel to Ridley. The SC Gods are cruel...
Most Premo's are going to have that one game shocker which reduces their price substantially .....the bigger question is the timing of these one-off

It does show that players do take a couple of games to fully get back in the groove after a concussion

Ta, Poulter not a must have in your eyes?
Just remember the 81 was against North ....the previous score 52 against GC

So where lies his correct scoreline ? ......SYD this week will determine, but IMO Poulter is a typical 50-60 ave Rookie

How can a broken wrist requiring surgery only be 2-3 weeks? Stephenson from Norf just fractured his wrist, is having surgery, and set for 6 weeks out. 3 weeks and then they have a bye, can't hold that long
Stephenson broke his scaphoid bone. It is a very small but important bone in the wrist that doesn't get much blood supply. Takes a lot longer to heal. I broke mine in my teens playing rugby and was out for 8 weeks. The doctor told me if I had broken the bone beside it the recovery would have been 3 weeks.

I still feel the bloody thing when it is cold nearly 50 years later......

Fellas, what's the history of broken wrists in the AFL?

Is 2 weeks out for Bolton realistic (just miss round 9 and 10, return in round 11 before the bye), is will it be 3 weeks + the bye?

Stephenson has a fractured wrist, is going in for surgery, and is set to miss 6 weeks.

Jack Riewoldt missed 3 games in 2019 with a wrist ligament damage.

Nelson missed 4 rounds in 2017 with a broken wrist.

Heeney had a broken hand and only missed one game. I don't believe he had surgery though.
Loose at HB seems to have some medical knowledge on this subject .....he was saying not under 4 weeks for Shai

My cursed season continues

Back to the trade drawing board with Stevo injured.

Thinking Stevo to Hall
One of Berry Brockman or Gulden to Poulter

Alright I decided against the double downgrade, just going to grab a premo

Kozi to Poulter
Bolton to Titch

Leaves me with $316k in the bank

That'll be enough to turn Warner into an ultra premo next week, or I'll turn Warner and another rookie into the 2 best cheap keepers I can afford

I think RCD will be a fine pick, but double downgrading after losing Bolton would be suicidal

I don't have Bolton but I reckon the decision to hold or trade would come down to how many trades you have left for most teams. 20+ trade away. 18 or less and I'd be holding unless it's confirmed he'll be out long term. From early reports I reckon he misses 2 or 3. Round 13 bye

What if we have 19!?!?

If Houston can manage to find some courage and play a little sore ...

Powell & Flynn - OUT
Sweet & Gaff - IN

Means I miss Poulter, but already have RCD.

Gaff's scores are trending in the right direction and his run of games over the next month looks tasty AF.

In saying this, my non-playing def & mid bench looks anaemic and I'll have no decent cows to cull in a month or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back