Preview Round 9 v Bulldogs MCG Saturday May 11 7.25pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Our problem up fwd is we have 2 players who hardly have a defensive bone in their body(Dusty & Bolton).In our prime we had lambo/George & Towno too cover adequately.
Atm we have young inexperienced kids trying too take up the slack.
Bringing in Cumberland will only make it worse.
Worse than Campbell? Besides you actually have to mark Cumberland because he can be dangerous. He kicked 1.5 in the second half last week and as the coach said, would have been best on if he had his kicking boots on. He had the most tackles on the ground as well. How is Campbell any better, or does he guard space better. The old Hardwick matra.

They'll never use the term omitted for Grimes but it's fair to say he was dropped.
You earn that right when you're a three time premiership player, a former club captain and an ornament to the game. The way he has been treated this year on this forum is a disgrace.

That also goes for McIntosh and Pickett.

We have a hell of a lot of spuds at Richmond right now...primarily in the impatient and ignorant supporter base.

Liam Baker (sore) has been withdrawn from the squad of 32 to face Western Bulldogs on Saturday night at the MCG and replaced by Noah Cumberland
great mail

im the king

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree that Ryan should have played over Naismith, however Carlton have 2 genuine tall forwards, a ruck/forward and a ruck, we tried that early on and Yze found it made us too top heavy at this stage and decided the extra runner was needed which is why we've only played the 2 tall forwards recently.

Not a fan of Balta being asked to play ruck coming back from a knee issue and would have liked Ryan to be brought in, but can understand the decision to have the extra runner, given we struggle to run out games at present, the extra tall would impact that even more.

Yes I agree with that, all I was saying is if blues can play 4 talls which i know every club structures differently but why cant we play at least 3. Bring in Ryan V dogs to help Balta who is coming back from injury. Balta now will play 2nd ruck. So is Nank going to assist Lefau when balta rucks this set up hasn't worked we can all see it.

Lefau came in as we needed a KPF. Cumberland has played 2 good games after a bunch of ordinary ones. Now I get the argument that we need medium sized forwards to hit the scoreboard but we also need them to be defensively sound and that doesn't just mean laying tackles, but also discipline to be in the right position when it comes to our team defensive structure. Maybe Noah still needs to work on the latter before he gets a call up.

I get what you're saying but it aint working with mansell and campbell surely changes were needed to be made and they haven't.

Well laying tackles in our fwd 50 surely would help because at the moment the ball is whizzing out to easily. I dont see pressure from our small forwards well junior yes last 3 weeks but against freo not that good.

Mansell and Campbell arent doing anything to warrant staying in the side i watch both carefully. They dont kick goals and they rarely stop the ball coming out of our forward 50.

Its Happening Ron Paul GIF

Cumbo is in!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back