Preview Round 9 v Bulldogs MCG Saturday May 11 7.25pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kamdyn playing VFL. You love to see it really. His ego isn't getting in the way and he will be a wealth of knowledge for the kids developing there.
Just wish some of our other premiership heroes had the same attitude.

Good s**t Kamdyn, great club man.

Which Tigers player who was dropped to the VFL in recent years has spat the dummy? Stupid post.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Which Tigers player who was dropped to the VFL in recent years has spat the dummy? Stupid post.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
What are you talking about? I never said anyone has spat the dummy but it's clear some of our more senior premiership players don't want to play VFL. It's their own prerogative and they have earned the right to choose but just their presence down there can be so valuable. That's all I'm saying.
I love McIntosh for putting his hand up.

I saw this stat that said this:

“When moving the ball from defence the Tigers have used the wing 37.9% of the time - the highest percentage of any team

That’s why we’re so predictable. Teams just know we’re going to line up on that wing. At best (for them) they mark it, and at worst it spills out into a boundary throw-in.

“When moving the ball from defence the Tigers have used the wing 37.9% of the time - the highest percentage of any team

That’s why we’re so predictable. Teams just know we’re going to line up on that wing. At best (for them) they mark it, and at worst it spills out into a boundary throw-in.

Recall Yze when he was appointed said we would go down the corridor more have rarely seen it.

Another stat I saw was that Richmond only had 16 clearances against Fremantle - the fewest in a match since 2010 and the fifth-fewest on record.

Our midfield honestly isn’t getting baked enough for last week’s terrible performance. Yeah we have a lot of midfielders out (Taranto, Hopper, Prestia, Graham, Ross - that’s basically our starting midfield), but even a B-side midfield should get more clearances than that. Fremantle got a lot of free kicks, but they had 36 clearances in comparison.

The fact that no midfield (including Essendon’s top ups, West Coast’s injury-riddled 2022-2023 midfield, North Melbourne’s wooden spoon midfield, GWS and Gold Coast’s foundation midfields, Melbourne + Carlton’s lowly 2010s sides) ever stooped to 16 clearances in an entire match tells me everything I need to know about why Yze is rushing Prestia and Graham into our AFL side this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He can, but don't expect to be walking back in on Rose petals when you pull the pin one third into the season.

The timing is horrific.

Can't have it both ways.
Timing isn’t horrific. It’s his announcement but he will serve out the rest of the year to ensure handover to the next CEO. He is in a business role not a football department role. This is standard timeline for anyone serving as the ceo of a major organisation. It’s actually good planning with the hopes of having a new ceo in chair and on boarded before next season. They aren’t going to put an ad in the paper and hire the first bloke who rings up (we’re not Essendon)

Don't see why Lefau can't do some rucking. Besides, the 5 minutes Balta might ruck a quarter is hardly going to make him break down, he's been in full training for 3 weeks.
It's the extra risk, especially with knee on knee clashes that I'd like to see avoided. That is why I'd have liked to see Ryan play, but understand why they went the way they did.

Another stat I saw was that Richmond only had 16 clearances against Fremantle - the fewest in a match since 2010 and the fifth-fewest on record.

Our midfield honestly isn’t getting baked enough for last week’s terrible performance. Yeah we have a lot of midfielders out (Taranto, Hopper, Prestia, Graham, Ross - that’s basically our starting midfield), but even a B-side midfield should get more clearances than that. Fremantle got a lot of free kicks, but they had 36 clearances in comparison.

The fact that no midfield (including Essendon’s top ups, West Coast’s injury-riddled 2022-2023 midfield, North Melbourne’s wooden spoon midfield, GWS and Gold Coast’s foundation midfields, Melbourne + Carlton’s lowly 2010s sides) ever stooped to 16 clearances in an entire match tells me everything I need to know about why Yze is rushing Prestia and Graham into our AFL side this week.
Didn’t need to go to stats sheet. 😂. We were so small and slow and it was damning on everyone in there except for Sonsie.

Timing isn’t horrific. It’s his announcement but he will serve out the rest of the year to ensure handover to the next CEO. He is in a business role not a football department role. This is standard timeline for anyone serving as the ceo of a major organisation. It’s actually good planning with the hopes of having a new ceo in chair and on boarded before next season. They aren’t going to put an ad in the paper and hire the first bloke who rings up (we’re not Essendon)
1715329606578.png

Dylan Leach from X has posted this and is leading the pack so far.

Didn’t need to go to stats sheet. 😂. We were so small and slow and it was damning on everyone in there except for Sonsie.
Sometimes you watch a match and think wtf is going on until you see the stats that illustrate the madness you just witnessed.

Liam Baker - 4 clearances
Shai Bolton - 3 clearances
Toby Nankervis - 2 clearances

There are 7 players that have 1 clearance each and the rest have nothing. For an entire match.

Hayden Young had 4 clearances in the first quarter alone and had 8 for the match. He had half of our entire team’s clearance count.

I mean, clearances aren’t always going to be the most important stat, but I’m just pointing out how low the number is. At some point it will matter.

This is something we need to think about over the off-season. Are we truly happy with our young midfielders as a collective? We probably have to focus on our midfield more than we’d have liked given how low our KPF stock is right now

Sometimes you watch a match and think wtf is going on until you see the stats that illustrate the madness you just witnessed.

Liam Baker - 4 clearances
Shai Bolton - 3 clearances
Toby Nankervis - 2 clearances

There are 7 players that have 1 clearance each and the rest have nothing. For an entire match.

Hayden Young had 4 clearances in the first quarter alone and had 8 for the match. He had half of our entire team’s clearance count.

I mean, clearances aren’t always going to be the most important stat, but I’m just pointing out how low the number is. At some point it will matter.
I was aware of what you were saying and the vision was like a horror scene. The stats you’ve displayed are just a backup to what we all witnessed. I’m still concerned what we added this week might not be much better, but only time will tell.

I was aware of what you were saying and the vision was like a horror scene. The stats you’ve displayed are just a backup to what we all witnessed. I’m still concerned what we added this week might not be much better, but only time will tell.
Yeah it’s probably not much better.

We still need more ball-winners (especially explosive ones). The current drop-off from our top midfielders to the next rung is too steep. Makes me wonder whether we should try to finish as low as possible this year to get Sully. Don’t know much about him, but apparently he’d be a good fit for us. Would help our midfield needs.

As for this game, Liberatore out helps us, but I don't think it’ll be enough to stop the likes of Bontempelli

This might be a personnel thing. I remember when we were plagued with injury we went corridor a lot more. It was actually super exciting to watch.

Recently, it seems like we are playing safer which I assume is to stem oppo scoring. It's a shame. Hopefully we can get back to the way Yze originally had us wanting to play.

Fact is that without Reiwoldt contesting marks on the wing we really do not have the overhead marking ability to make an impact. Nor do we have the players that have the ability to win contested possessions. Therefore the ball simply rebounds back into the oppositions forward line !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back