Rucci - it's time to go

Remove this Banner Ad

Kurt Tippett
Rucci - Dumb business
I say - down right cheating

Rendell
Rucci - standing on principle
I say - caving and getting rid of a valuable employee over what was really a lesser mistake than it was made to be

Burgess
Rucci - he was always going to pick Power and we didn't want an arms race
I say - massive mistake not to go as hard as possible for this guy

Bailey
Rucci - Melbourne's fault
I say - Adelaide didn't want to antagonise the AFL and didn't step up and support a valuable employee

Gunston, losing players to expansion and Polec
Rucci - bad luck
I say - bad luck played a part, as did the punishment from Tippett, but once again you make your own luck. Had they got Burgess they might have got Polec
Kurt Tippett - fair call.
Rendell - probably had to go in this day and age but somewhat agree.
Burgess - highly unlikely he would've ended up with Adelaide bu they should have made more of an effort.
Bailey - hard to make my own call on this, haven't done enough research into Bailey's intentions (not involvement) at Melbourne.
Gunston/expansion/Polec - I say bad luck, timing was just awful with losing players, take the chance drafting players from interstate and timing of Polec's defection was off for them, Port a more attractive destination at the time given other circumstances.

Australian football fans. Please help us South Australian football fans who have had to put up with this clowns 'journalism' for close to 15 years. He has negatively impacted on the South Australian sporting media for far too long.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...de-football-club/story-fnia3nqh-1226914506887

Would there be agreeable that this guy is the worst sports journalist going around?

So what is your actual issue with the article?? It's accuracy? It's tone?

My issue with article ... there is no curse, never has been, no one has ever mentioned a curse (if I'm wrong, flick me a link, please). But he goes through the article, making up stupid names for curses, only to say they have nothing to do with anything. Poor journalism.

And this guy is supposedly the Football Editor for The Advertiser. He has written the occasional critical article of Port too over the past few years, but they are all accurate and mildly constructive. His articles about the Crows are puerile, inflammatory, and factually lacking. He does it just to * with the Crows and supporters. Hardly unbiased journalism.

Here's a wild idea,just DON'T READ his articles
Geez is it that hard to not read them if you don't like what he writes ?

Kills me that people don't understand this is how commercial journalism works. After the Gold Coast '07 saga, when Caro was fixated on North, everytime she wrote a new column that even tangentially mentioned North, someone would post the link on the North BF board and we'd all flood to read it.

There's only one way to make a difference with journalists you dislike:

just_don_t_look__54613.jpg

One of the best articles I've read in the advertiser for years and achieves exactly what it sets out to achieve. Makes Port supporters laugh. Makes Crows supporters with half a brain angry. Makes the majority of Crows supporters with the other half of the brain content that their boy Triggy is doing a fine job and the poor old AFC has just been a bit unlucky.

My issue with article ... there is no curse, never has been, no one has ever mentioned a curse (if I'm wrong, flick me a link, please). But he goes through the article, making up stupid names for curses, only to say they have nothing to do with anything. Poor journalism.

And this guy is supposedly the Football Editor for The Advertiser. He has written the occasional critical article of Port too over the past few years, but they are all accurate and mildly constructive. His articles about the Crows are puerile, inflammatory, and factually lacking. He does it just to **** with the Crows and supporters. Hardly unbiased journalism.

I haven't heard any talk of a curse either but he is saying there has been and is dismissing the notion of a curse or incompetence by Trigg and co. and saying a lot of it is bad luck.

I think it might be a case of it being very hard to relive a growing list of issues that the crows have faced the past few years and then adding them all up to equal a team not being where it thinks it should be.

Here's a wild idea,just DON'T READ his articles
Geez is it that hard to not read them if you don't like what he writes ?

That's all you have to do. Reminds me of those who post on forum threads about how much they hate that thread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Australian football fans. Please help us South Australian football fans who have had to put up with this clowns 'journalism' for close to 15 years. He has negatively impacted on the South Australian sporting media for far too long.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...de-football-club/story-fnia3nqh-1226914506887

Would there be agreeable that this guy is the worst sports journalist going around?
Damn you made me read half an article written by Rucci. As I stopped half way I will only half report you for it.
@Mods ? Short ban for 1990crow please.

I thought it was a good piece.

But not good journalism to hint there were further problems with Rendell.
Rucci, name his problems and your sources, or do not say anything at all.

If I was Rendell, I'd be on Rucci's door step with a sawn off.

moreso, pick the good ones down here. for a 'chief football writer', he's really just an embarrassment. his whole gimmick is just to badmouth anything to do with adelaide, and people still fall for it. his treatment of craig years back was nothing short of terrible.

ooooohhhhhh........boo hoo......we haven't won a premiership for 17 years. Anyone would think it was an entitlement.
Spare a thought for STK and Bulldogs supporters then come and see me.

I don't ordinarily think much of Rucci, but he is spot on here.....there is no curse.....it is not even bad luck......it is pure mis-management. Culture culture culture

Now move this thread to the Bay so I can tell you what I really think

Kurt Tippett
Rucci - Dumb business
I say - down right cheating

Rendell
Rucci - standing on principle
I say - caving and getting rid of a valuable employee over what was really a lesser mistake than it was made to be

Burgess
Rucci - he was always going to pick Power and we didn't want an arms race
I say - massive mistake not to go as hard as possible for this guy

Bailey
Rucci - Melbourne's fault
I say - Adelaide didn't want to antagonise the AFL and didn't step up and support a valuable employee

Gunston, losing players to expansion and Polec
Rucci - bad luck
I say - bad luck played a part, as did the punishment from Tippett, but once again you make your own luck. Had they got Burgess they might have got Polec

Lol the Crows wouldve never got Burgess!

You're kidding right?

538699-4c4a57b6-5c01-11e3-8eb9-1c57f26bd260.jpg

Essendon320x214.jpg

4858120-3x2-940x627.jpg

No offense mate (I genuinely mean that); but implying what Rucci writes/wrote is some sort of an injustice is downright laughable.
Laughable?!?

Your club engaged in the systemic doping of their entire playing list with injections of banned drugs and they were caught red-handed.
Essendon fans can't accept the reality of the situation and they act like it's all media beat-up. :D

Nobody cares about your group hysteria and denial, mate. We want to read the news.

If you don't like reality, then don't read the daily papers or watch the TV.
Stick to your Essendon forums and reading tweets from other crazy Bomber fans.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back