Tony Jones - The Village Idiot

Remove this Banner Ad

SSDCrucial

Debutant
Mar 25, 2023
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
How is this clown still around? What does he offer? Why is anyone supposed to care about what he says? His biggest claim to fame is literally Rebecca Twigley refusing to let him kiss her cheek.

Seeing this clown on the Sunday Footy Show, demanding the AFL step in to stop opposition fans booing Horne-Francis is as pathetic as it gets. Then he goes on 3AW and says he doesn't understand why media people at the game didn't go up to fans and tell them to stop. The fans are paying customers, and booing is part of the cathartic experience of attending the football. Nobody needs a worthless, privileged media knob telling them who they can and can't boo.

Ole Chompers is being a fool. I don't like Boo'ing, I detest those want to try and stomp it out though.
Grow a Spine!
As for Jones, just another human looking to be outraged about something.
its a god damn pandemic.

He's great on the Sunday footy show if you have a humour bone.
Seems pretty obvious that he's playing a bit with the whole "cracks the shits when people take the piss out of him" thing they do.

It's actually kind of embarrassing that people think he's being serious about it.

Seems pretty obvious that he's playing a bit with the whole "cracks the shits when people take the piss out of him" thing they do.

It's actually kind of embarrassing that people think he's being serious about it.
Of course he is, that's the whole footy show, triple M brand is being yourself but turning it up to a 10.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Being in Sydney, without streaming, I don't get to see or hear Tony Jones' work apart from The Sunday Footy Show.

Gotta say, I think he is excellent in that role.

A show like that needs an experienced host, perhaps a generation older than the others, who can also be the 'fall guy'.

The moments regarding Tim Watson and the food court at Crown, for example, were absolutely brilliant.

Can totally understand those who see/hear a lot more of his work having a different opinion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back