Discussion Rugby League/Union Kits discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Storm need to return to predominantly navy jerseys.

It's funny, ask the average punter what Storms colours are, they'll tell you purple and yellow.

They're not wrong, but for pretty much all their existence, navy has been the dominant colour on their jerseys, and the yellow was nearly completely phased out in the last few years.

I'm genuinely afraid for Roosters fans when their jerseys are released after the effort Castore put into the Storm's home jersey in addition to what the Storm away jersey will look like

I'm genuinely afraid for Roosters fans when their jerseys are released after the effort Castore put into the Storm's home jersey in addition to what the Storm away jersey will look like
Hopefully they won't have to worry too much; I remember talking to an official from Kappa years ago when they got the Roosters, he said that the club were very strict as to what they had in mind for the home jersey. He said they told Kappa that it had to remain exactly the same design-wise, no panels or piping to change the classic look of the jersey, no template stripes or anything like what Kappa was doing before; certainly no Kappa logos down the arms. Of course, back then, most of the jerseys were the traditional rugby-collared style. Nowadays there's all sorts of templates, but I would say that the major worry might be a silly-looking alternate kit, the home should be traditional enough (let's hope)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder with a non-raglan template, we might see something retro in the Roosters kit? I remember the old chevron having a thickish white vee, but a narrower angle where it stopped at the shoulder and didn't stretch over on to the arms.

url.jpg

From the CEO update on St George's website, a sternum sponsor is to be announced soon......
Capture23.01.21.PNG

In addition, there's confirmation that the heritage jersey will be worn against Canterbury-Bankstown in round 9, not against New Zealand in round 6 as some Dragons fans on Facebook groups speculated
Capture23.01.21(2).PNG

Has a kit ever had so many bird themed logos on it before?

Castors x3 winged logos
Roosters x2 retro and modern
Steggles Rooster

And that's without seeing the back of the jersey or shorts.

And there's also the coloured rooster on the sleeve indicating seniority

Castors x3 winged logos
Steggles Rooster

The shorts with the retro rooster are training shorts. Proper ones will have the NRL logo (home jersey pic has the game shorts), however the retro logo is on the back of the neck, and to add to the whole rooster thing, the back of shorts sponsor is now Red Rooster.

home__47806.1611530558.jpg

away2__92441.1611530727.jpg

Castors x3 winged logos
Steggles Rooster

Not to mention the bloke wearing it is a massive utensil

Remove this Banner Ad

Back