RWB_Threads

Debutant
Sep 17, 2022
West Footscray
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston RedSox
I’ve seen a few other designers post their ideas which have loved so thought I would give it a crack.

I have tried to incorporate as much of the club’s history as possible, so there aren’t random colours, while also basing some colours on club logos. I have tried to incorporate knowledge of what a club’s fanbase thinks of certain designs, and what a certain club thinks of each design. I must state, not all designs are my first preference for their kits, but my knowledge of each team thinks means it won’t change. I think this gives the 3-kits policy the best chance of succeeding with a very traditionalist-based fan base for most clubs.

I’ll try and explain my thought process when posting each club’s 3 kits but really keen to hear your feedback - especially about your club.

opener.png

Adelaide Crows.png
I’ve gone with the current home and a yellow version from the away. I have included a large crow on the front of the alternate to change it up a little bit but also to provide more contrast with potential clashes caused by the traditional Adelaide hoops.

Away Vs: Brisbane, Carlton, Collingwood, Essendon, Fremantle, Geelong, Gold Coast, GWS, Melbourne, Port Adelaide, St Kilda, Sydney, Western Bulldogs

Alternate Vs: Hawthorn, North Melbourne, Richmond, West Coast

Brisbane.png
The Lions are the exception to the 3 colours = 3 base colours for each kit. Taking inspiration from both the Bears and Fitzroy for their non-home jumpers. Pretty self-explanatory. Ideally, I would prefer a bigger difference between the Brisbane Maroon and the Fitzroy red in the two respective kits, but you obviously couldn’t kill the Fitzroy jumper so I have lifted the blue yoke.

Away Vs: Adelaide, Fremantle, Gold Coast, GWS, Port Adelaide, Sydney

Alternate Vs: Carlton, Collingwood, Essendon, Geelong, Hawthorn, Melbourne, North Melbourne, Richmond, St Kilda, West Coast, Western Bulldogs.

Carlton.png
Carlton’s is quite easy on the Home and Away front. I was going to go with the blue monogram on the white jumper but given their current clash jumper is the white monogram with a navy outline, I figured I would stick with that. Their 3rd jumper was a toss-up between the 90s M’n’M jumper or an orange kit based on Carlton Respects. I think Orange and Navy really work as a colour scheme but in the end, the historical reference wins out.

Away Vs: Adelaide, Brisbane, Essendon, Fremantle, Gold Coast, GWS, Melbourne, Port Adelaide, Richmond, St Kilda, West Coast, Western Bulldogs.

Alternate vs: Collingwood, Geelong, Hawthorn, Sydney

Home Vs: North Melbourne

COLLINGWOOD.png
While I would much prefer Collingwood’s home kit being based off the traditionally white with black strips, clearly the club sees it differently, so I have gone with the black kit for home. And the third colour for Collingwood comes from the Gold in the wreath on their logo (and would love good with the Premiers AFL logo should it go their way on Saturday) but also finds a way to incorporate the black and white strips which the club isn’t going to give up. I believe the gold at the top provides enough contrast with any potential clashes.

Away vs: Adelaide, Brisbane, Carlton, Essendon, Fremantle, Gold Coast, GWS, Melbourne, Port Adelaide, Richmond, West Coast, Western Bulldogs.

Alternate vs: Geelong, North Melbourne, St Kilda, Sydney

Home vs: Hawthorn

Essendon.png
I would much prefer Essendon’s away strip to be a black sash on red jumper but their constitution states otherwise. The black or white shorts rule is overridden as if this policy was enacted, the rules would be shorts should be the same colour as the jumper (except in some circumstances. Grey is used not only because of their legends’ jumper but also the plane on their logo.

Away vs: Carlton, Collingwood, Geelong, GWS, Hawthorn, Melbourne, North Melbourne, Port Adelaide, Richmond, St Kilda, West Coast, Western Bulldogs

Alternate vs: Adelaide, Brisbane, Fremantle, Gold Coast, Sydney

FREMANTLE.png Fremantle’s self-explanatory and doesn’t change much for the home and away. Using the 90s away jumper for their alternative but with a brighter green as the traditional green is quiet dark and doesn’t fit the ‘dark’, ‘light’ and ‘bright’ rule.

Away vs: Adelaide, Brisbane, Carlton, Essendon, Gold Coast, GWS, Melbourne, Port Adelaide, Richmond, St Kilda, West Coast, Western Bulldogs

Alternate vs: Collingwood, Geelong, Hawthorn, North Melbourne, Sydney

Geelong.png
Geelong is the first club that involves a deep dive into the club’s history to find their third colour. Using their current home and away kits, the alternate is based off when the club wore the red/maroon one and off between 1859 & 1871. Due to the nature of the jumpers, Geelong’s home strip will be used in more away matches than other clubs.

Away vs: Gold Coast, Hawthorn, Sydney,

Alternate vs: Collingwood, Fremantle, GWS, North Melbourne, Port Adelaide, Richmond, West Coast

Home vs: Adelaide, Brisbane, Carlton, Essendon, Melbourne, St Kilda, Western Bulldogs

Gold Coast.png
Gold Coast is what it is. They clearly don’t want to change their strip to something decent, so I’ve inversed the red and yellow on their home and away kit. For the alternate, I’ve used their historical clash from 2013-2015 but rearranged the colours so it’s like an aerial of a beach (yellow = sand, white = broken waves, blue = ocean)

Away vs: Adelaide, Carlton, Collingwood, Essendon, Fremantle, GWS, Melbourne, North Melbourne, Port Adelaide, Richmond, St Kilda, Sydney, West Coast, Western Bulldogs

Alternate vs: Brisbane, Hawthorn

GWS.png GWS is the only club I have changed their home kit and that’s because the never surrender jumper looks too good. I’ve inversed that on the away jumper and re-worked their old clash white jumper.

Away vs: Adelaide, Brisbane, Carlton, Collingwood, Essendon, Fremantle, Geelong, North Melbourne, Port Adelaide, Western Bulldogs

Alternate vs: Gold Coast, Hawthorn, Melbourne, Richmond, St Kilda, West Coast

Home vs: Sydney

Hawthorn.png
Hawthorn’s home and away jumper are the same as current (minor changes to shorts). I was going to inverse the home jumper for the away jumper but didn’t think that cancelled any clashes enough. I have borrowed the 1902 blue with suspenders but changed them from red and white to brown and gold.

Like Geelong, their home kit would get worn a lot more at away games due to the nature of their clashes but that’s the benefit of wearing bright gold.

Away vs: Geelong, North Melbourne, Sydney

Alternate vs: GWS, Gold Coast, Richmond

Home vs: Adelaide, Brisbane, Carlton, Collingwood, Essendon, Fremantle, Melbourne, Port Adelaide, St Kilda, West Coast, Western Bulldogs.

Melbourne.png
Melbourne’s inverse is probably my favourite non-traditional jumper in this portfolio. White was used due to Melbourne originally using white one and off from 1858-1871. I’ve tried to make the navy on the white strip form an M which I think they did a few years back.

Away vs: Carlton, Collingwood, Geelong, GWS, Hawthorn, North Melbourne, Port Adelaide, Richmond, West Coast, Western Bulldogs

Alternate vs: Adelaide, Brisbane, Essendon, Fremantle, Gold Coast, St Kilda

North Melbourne.png
North’s was fun to do – home and away don’t change but the post-west Melbourne merger in 1908, as well as the bounding Roo, provides the inspiration for their clash, Would have preferred the white to be switched with the red but it wouldn’t have worked as a clash.

Away vs: Gold Coast, Hawthorn, Sydney

Alternate vs: Collingwood, Geelong, GWS, Port Adelaide, Richmond, West Coast, Western Bulldogs

Home vs: Adelaide, Brisbane, Carlton, Essendon, Melbourne, St Kilda

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port Adelaide.png
Port is self-explanatory but think I’ve seen another designer on here with a similar alternate kit (sorry, I can’t remember who to give them their due credit) - looks too good not to use, especially paying homage to a magpie's wing. Port's away and alternate could be worn against most clubs.

Away vs: Adelaide, Brisbane, Carlton, Essendon, Fremantle, Gold Coast, GWS, Hawthorn, Melbourne, Richmond, St Kilda, West Coast, Western Bulldogs

Alternate vs: Collingwood, Geelong, North Melbourne, Sydney

Richmond.png
Richmond’s Home and Away is too easy given the yellow jumper’s recent history. I’ve adopted Richmond’s 1885 jumper with a brighter blue for their alternate kit. I should give a shout out to Mero as FootyJumpers.com provided a huge heap on other clubs’ history.

Away vs: Adelaide, Brisbane, Carlton, Collingwood, Essendon, Fremantle, GWS, Melbourne, St Kilda, West Coast, Western Bulldogs

Alternate vs: Geelong, Gold Coast, Hawthorn, Sydney

St Kilda.png
I enjoyed doing St Kilda’s as I got to use jumpers from different eras. The Home is their current home strip but the away is based off their 1906-1909 strip and well you can’t go passed this year’s red strip for the alternate. I reckon Saints’ fans would be happy for that to be worn more often.

Away vs: Adelaide, Brisbane, Essendon, Fremantle, Gold Coast, Melbourne

Alternate vs: Carlton, Collingwood, Geelong, GWS, Hawthorn, North Melbourne, West Coast, Western Bulldogs

Sydney Swans 2.png
I think I would prefer the old Souths jumper as the home rather than away but that’s just me. I have gone with blue which was used by South Melbourne in the 1870s. It’s also a nice tribute to the harbour.

Away vs: Adelaide, Brisbane, Carlton, Collingwood, Essendon, Fremantle, Gold Coast, Melbourne, Richmond, Port Adelaide

Alternate vs: Geelong, Hawthorn

Home vs: GWS, North Melbourne

West Coast Eagles.png
I really struggled with the Eagles’ Alternate so have adopted a white version of their traditional winged jumper. Eagles’ fans, I would love to hear some suggestions because I was dumbstruck.

Away vs: Carlton, Collingwood, Essendon, Fremantle, Geelong, GWS, Melbourne, North Melbourne, Port Adelaide, St Kilda, Sydney, Western Bulldogs

Alternate vs: Adelaide, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Hawthorn, Richmond

Attachments

• West Coast Eagles.png
    West Coast Eagles.png
    4.4 MB · Views: 57
Western Bulldogs.png

I've been a tad more liberal with the dogs'. I feel this years' clash is saveable if worn with blue shorts. As Dogs' fans, I know we hated the inverse red strip of the hoops because we never won an actual match it in so I've gone with the 1898-1900 jumper they wore in the VFA and won a Premiership in for those years.

Away vs: Adelaide, Brisbane, Essendon, Fremantle, GWS, Hawthorn, Melbourne, St Kilda, Sydney, West Coast

Alternate vs: Carlton, Collingwood, Geelong, North Melbourne, Port Adelaide, Richmond,

Home vs: Gold Coast

Thanks for following along and scrolling to the bottom :p I had to post them all tonight because as a Doggies' fan, when I see other designs rolled out over a few days, I hate waiting!

View attachment 1813604

I've been a tad more liberal with the dogs'. I feel this years' clash is saveable if worn with blue shorts. As Dogs' fans, I know we hated the inverse red strip of the hoops because we never won an actual match it in so I've gone with the 1898-1900 jumper they wore in the VFA and won a Premiership in for those years.

Away vs: Adelaide, Brisbane, Essendon, Fremantle, GWS, Hawthorn, Melbourne, St Kilda, Sydney, West Coast

Alternate vs: Carlton, Collingwood, Geelong, North Melbourne, Port Adelaide, Richmond,

Home vs: Gold Coast

Thanks for following along and scrolling to the bottom :p I had to post them all tonight because as a Doggies' fan, when I see other designs rolled out over a few days, I hate waiting!
Can I post this on our guernsey page on our board?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back