Sacked

Remove this Banner Ad

Channels

All Australian
Dec 2, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Is anyone else listening to this podcast?

Plenty of great episodes, particularly those who talk about key issues and how they could have done things better. Some of them are a bit so so, in that a few don’t acknowledge they could have been the problem.

Brendan McCartney, Crosisca, Grant Thomas and Guy McKenna episodes give great insights into their respective clubs at the time.

It's a good series which provides plenty of UNKNOWN information BUT don't enjoy it when they have guests mainly discussing their drug/mental health issues.

Which episodes do you recommend to start with?

There's been seven this year, I've listened to five (haven't listened to Crosisca & McCartney).

I liked the Goddard one the most, followed by Aker. Milne & Baker are a couple of bogans, and the interviewers refused to acknowledge the elephant in the room. Nixon was horrible.

Guest wish list:
Chris Connolly
Mark Neeld

The best one by far was Watters because he was willing to lift the curtain. We in AFL have a phobia of excuses or an inability to differentiate between excuses and reasons. Hearing Watters explain what went wrong was the insight that has made the better episodes of this podcast good.

The Milne and Baker one however was awful garbage.

Guest wish list:
Chris Connolly
Mark Neeld

The best one by far was Watters because he was willing to lift the curtain. We in AFL have a phobia of excuses or an inability to differentiate between excuses and reasons. Hearing Watters explain what went wrong was the insight that has made the better episodes of this podcast good.

The Milne and Baker one however was awful garbage.

I've become very choosy with 'Sacked'.

The Scott Watters episode was also excellent because he's moved on from AFL footy and can talk about a meaningful career outside the game.

I liked hearing from Brendan McCartney, because he acknowledged his own weaknesses and failures. He wasn't interested in just tipping a bucket on others. Only McCartney and Robert Walls (whose recollections on his fights with Carlton powerbrokers are backed up by archived interviews from the late 1980s) presented as honest men not looking to re-write history.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree on McLean & Cloke. Didn't listen to to the Crocisca one.

BJ was one on the best episodes to date.
Agree on BJ. Never been a fan with his petulant behavior, but he does speak well, is straight up, and has a good feel for the game.

I did like Grant Thomas last year, even if he did skew some of the stories in his favour.
Wallsy was OK, but I'd already heard a lot of what he had to say on Open Mike.

There's some odd editing on these podcasts. I wonder if they sometimes re-record some questions, or just cut out some of the dead air. Then there are audio highlights of play, which I don't see the point of.
I reckon it results in some episodes sounding chopped up and stuck back together; a little disjointed

They suck up to their guests way too much, listened to a few episodes and won't bother again.
You’ve Summed it up to a very well. They way they both laugh at anything the guests have to say even if it’s not funny, it’s pretty cringed.

I do like the podcast but I feel like they should challenge the guest when they are talking complete BS

Anyone know what's happened, there was a trailer for this season late last year but no new uploads. I thought most seasons started in April or march.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back