Sam Frost - traded to Hawthorn. Farewell Frostball

Remove this Banner Ad

The Bachelorette is playing game 50 this weekend!
Hopefully the cheer squad is able to rip the number 1 off of the Jack Watts 150 banner in time for the game, and add some dumbo ears to the tall blonde mosaic that's already on there

Guys turned into a beast this season. He is equal too if not a better athlete than Buddy Franklin just without the actual footy skill. Would be a gun running back or something similar in the NFL
I'm actually really looking forward to next week and seeing how he goes on Buddy. Frosty would be one of the few defenders who Buddy doesn't have an enormous athletic edge over, plus he'll either have to work hard defensively, or watch Frost waltz out of defensive 50 a few times a quarter.

I'm actually really looking forward to next week and seeing how he goes on Buddy. Frosty would be one of the few defenders who Buddy doesn't have an enormous athletic edge over, plus he'll either have to work hard defensively, or watch Frost waltz out of defensive 50 a few times a quarter.

If you ran TMac and Frost on Buddy in shifts, they'd blanket him all day.

Buddy is deceptively strong, he threw Rance to the ground like he was a first year player. But apart from footy smarts I'd back frosty in a wrestle and if Buddy turns him I'd back frosty to be able to chase and bring him down. He's a machine frosty. A guy that tall with that much speed and power. He'd be an effective union winger loti tuquiri style.

FROST%20Sam.png

ghostbusters-vigo-painting1-640x533.jpg

Interesting resemblance. Ears don't quite match, obviously.

Frosty is a straight line runner, from what I' seen so far. And I love him for it. But he would need to work on his step change of direction.

Bit tall, as well. Your average running back is a nuggety creature.

I like that he takes the game on. Totally committed, even though he sometimes commits to a bad idea. His kicking needs work though. Too many throw it on the boot in hope manoeuvres. In general though, he could be a beast of a player. Only 22 right? I sort of forget how long it is since Dr Frankenstein built him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like that he takes the game on. Totally committed, even though he sometimes commits to a bad idea. His kicking needs work though. Too many throw it on the boot in hope manoeuvres. In general though, he could be a beast of a player. Only 22 right? I sort of forget how long it is since Dr Frankenstein built him.

He often gets overlooked in the young players talk at our club but he is 22 built like a machine and played 50 games. He's only getting better lol

He often gets overlooked in the young players talk at our club but he is 22 built like a machine and played 50 games. He's only getting better lol
Just a baby. I think I forget because he doesn't exactly look young - not in your fresh-faced Bernie Vince portrait in the attic manner. But the fact that he is so young and still has a heap of improvement in him is huge.

I also am looking forward to that Maynard guy having a debut eventually. His brother has had a breakout year and looks excellent, so I'm hoping he is similar. How did our defence suddenly go from you're kidding to a strength? Seemed to happen over just a couple of games.

Just a baby. I think I forget because he doesn't exactly look young - not in your fresh-faced Bernie Vince portrait in the attic manner. But the fact that he is so young and still has a heap of improvement in him is huge.

I also am looking forward to that Maynard guy having a debut eventually. His brother has had a breakout year and looks excellent, so I'm hoping he is similar. How did our defence suddenly go from you're kidding to a strength? Seemed to happen over just a couple of games.

I think because of the size of him people think he's older because he has he body of a 150 game senior player.
He might change the way defenders are looked at. I don't think there has been a key defender who rebounds with as much speed as him. Honestly I think he will be a Star of the competition by the time we are consistent finals players

I think because of the size of him people think he's older because he has he body of a 150 game senior player.
He might change the way defenders are looked at. I don't think there has been a key defender who rebounds with as much speed as him. Honestly I think he will be a Star of the competition by the time we are consistent finals players
Wow, Frosty sounds like quite the snowman! I never saw him in this light - think I'll have to keep a closer eye on him.

Wow, Frosty sounds like quite the snowman! I never saw him in this light - think I'll have to keep a closer eye on him.

He is just as quick as Hunt yet doesn't get half the attention. There has never been a full back be able to get the ball on defensive 50 and rebound it into the forward 50 with run an carry. I don't think he has got the media credit he deserves for how much of an impact he has had on our form.

He is just as quick as Hunt yet doesn't get half the attention. There has never been a full back be able to get the ball on defensive 50 and rebound it into the forward 50 with run an carry. I don't think he has got the media credit he deserves for how much of an impact he has had on our form.
I absolutely agree. If he continues on, and improves on the form he's shown this year, the "has there ever been a key defender like Frost" conversations will start.

Croad was pretty good in his prime

Wouldn't say a shitload but he does just launch it long sometimes (Which I still prefer to the McDonald classic grubber kick across goal).
CD says he turns it over the most per possession in the league - once per 2.5 touches.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back