Sam Frost - traded to Hawthorn. Farewell Frostball

Remove this Banner Ad

Jesus didn't realise it was that bad, although he pretty much exclusively kicks the ball long.
Yeah, I don't think he's turning it over badly - but he kicks to a lot of 50/50s.

Everyone on this board should be familiar with my 'turnovers don't equal bad footy' theory by now :p frost wins a lot of contests footy in the back half and improves our position by kicking to a lot of contests on the wing by slamming it on the boot. When he goes through the middle and kicks straight he rarely turns it over

Just a baby. I think I forget because he doesn't exactly look young - not in your fresh-faced Bernie Vince portrait in the attic manner. But the fact that he is so young and still has a heap of improvement in him is huge.

I also am looking forward to that Maynard guy having a debut eventually. His brother has had a breakout year and looks excellent, so I'm hoping he is similar. How did our defence suddenly go from you're kidding to a strength? Seemed to happen over just a couple of games.
I like this for the Dorian Gray reference...

Culcha people!

He is just as quick as Hunt yet doesn't get half the attention. There has never been a full back be able to get the ball on defensive 50 and rebound it into the forward 50 with run an carry. I don't think he has got the media credit he deserves for how much of an impact he has had on our form.

Not even the opposition has figured out how quick he is, a few times they have tried to take him on out the back and failed miserably. He had 2-3 amazing 30-50m chase downs against the tigers.

Not the amnesty thread, but i don't mind basil
I don't know where he came from or what his relevance to football is (and I don't think he does either). Maybe he is the love child of a high ranking 7 exec and gets a gig through that. Seems a long way out of his depth, i find him cringe worthy.

I don't know where he came from or what his relevance to football is (and I don't think he does either). Maybe he is the love child of a high ranking 7 exec and gets a gig through that. Seems a long way out of his depth, i find him cringe worthy.
He played in he WAFL, not sure for who though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's not a bad bloke , has a good sense of humour when you see the s**t he cops on twitter. He's just a terrible commentator

He played in he WAFL, not sure for who though
West Perth. Reportedly a gun junior but had his career wrecked by a succession of injuries.

I'm not keen on his commentary. He suffers from a common malaise in that he tries to pack in too much info and opinion rather than just calling the action.

I liked him better on Footy Central doing the round the grounds stuff. I was sure one day his snozz would hit the camera lens. It made for an interesting aside.

I can't remember a time when sport commentary on tv was so bad. Cricket commentary ATM is an abomination, and besides one or two callers for AFL, it is nearly unwatchable due to the people commentating. The commentating of our game Saturday night was embarrassing. The Darcy/Richo combo is just awful, while Basil is simply not likeable. Throws too much of his own opinions in the commentary and comes across as smug. Friday night games are nearly as bad with Hamish and Ling. Just horrible. Carey is decent though.

i was wondering the same thing. He seems so obviously unsuited to the job. It was just like, "Here's this Basil person, he's commentating now".
Not the amnesty thread, but i don't mind basil
I can shut him out, so I don't hate him. Which is high praise really because Ling makes me want to murder inanimate objects, Darcy is a twat, BT is a loon, Carey's a criminal, and Leigh Matthews' voice sounds like the dying fart of a dementia patient.

I wouldn't be against Jason Bennett getting a promotion from the VFL though, good caller

Better than every single person 7 currently have calling games. Basil, Darcy and Hamish in particular. These moron's cant even get a players name right.

Matt Granland, another who should be calling games on TV on a regular basis

He really was. Stood out so much compared to the collective turd that was inhabiting the coaches box.
Shame we don't get to hear more from him as I'm assuming he only does WA games on the odd occasion they are televised.
Balanced view, knowledgeable, unbiased and without the cheap carry on like the other plebs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back