Sanity prevails

• Thread starter Power Mad
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah we know port beat the Bombers last year after Sheeds decided the boys deserved a weekend of R&R in Adealide after winning so many games on the trot.
Wake up Powermad you loser!!!Look at the side that came over for the break.

Ha Ha - a statement so idiotic and you chose to post it three times. You are a terminal moron.

Underacheiving ??

Since Sheeds took over in 1981, Essendon has won 64% of their games, finished on top of the ladder 5 times (more than any other club in that time), won 3 Grand Finals, made the finals 14 times in 19 years, and AMAZINGLY have only had two seasons (1987, and 1997) when we have lost more than we have won.

There have also been a couple of close preliminary final losses, and a number of close shaves.

If you think that is underacieving then you need your head examined. What is your knowledgs of football ?

Thank you for illustrating my point. For all that 'success', Essendon had only one flag to show for the 1990's, way back in 1993, and their only other Grand Final appearance was in 1990 - not good much of a return for all that effort! Essendon's loss to Carlton in last year's prelim final epitomised the Bombers in the 1990's.

Despite your War and Peace-length diatribes about how the minor round should count for more than the finals, no one else here agrees with you - all that really counts are premierships and in the 1990's Essendon rank 5th behind North, West Coast, Adelaide and Carlton (who had one more GF appearance than you).

My knowledge of football came from following Port Adelaide in the SANFL. They've won TEN premierships since 1981 (seven in the 1990's) and missed the finals only twice. Now that's what I call a Tradition Of Success (tm).

As much as it pains me to back a guy whose posts are as pointlessly boring as the back of a Special K box, I would have to say that over the 90s Essendon, whilst dissapointing in the number of flags, have mostly been pretty honest and frankly fairly unlucky with close loses (96 & 99 1 pointers) and long term injuries to key players (obviously Hird & Long). In fact, I cannot recall a time Essendon has had Hird, Long, Lloyd, Mercuri and Lucas available and on the field at the same time ever??

Re: rating Carlton above Ess for the 90s I suppose there is an argument. We were serious threats in 90, 93, 96 & 99. Carlton were obviously great in 95 but simply turned up in 93 and 99 to get murdered by vastly better teams in the GF - so I don't rate that as all that brilliant... but Essendon supporters are not supposed to rate anything Carlton have done ever. I actually rated J.Madden and S.Kernahan as great for the game - almost making up for Greg "Mike Tyson with Brownlows" Williams. I would be surprised if Carlton make the 8 this year but knowing them they probably will surprise me.

Be very interested to see how the Power go in round one against the Dons - must be counting your lucky stars that we've got a GF and North the week before which should guarantee one of two things: a temporary quasi-Premiership hangover - or loads of injuries.

Finally, this is an AFL forum board - nobody gives a fat rats arse about "legendary" performances in the SANFL. Go to the other board on this site to talk about that stuff.

Dutchy

And this topic is about Port Adelaide, so let's stop talking about Essendon on it.

I think Harry Kewell should be told to play for Australia or be suspended for Leeds if he doesn't

was anyone else amazed by Kurt Warners season in the NFL???? 28 year old rookie bagging groceries a few years before, beats evry quarterback record in the book, gets season and superbowl MVP.
great effort Kurt.

hehehe.....

Oh good! - the trolls have found a new game to play. Not surprising really after they've were humiliated in their anti-Port campaign.

listen power tool.
no gives a toss about port. they just think that you are a loser whether you follow port or not. The only humiliation would be actually participating in an "anti port" campaign because your side is such a group of no-bodies, that no one could even be bothered.
Tool. its a personality thing. i dont care about port- i just think you're a geek.

hey yo, dis be da man, Bounce.
I just gots to be sayin' dis
I WANNA SEE CARLTONS AND PORTS FAT DICKS ON A SKEWER AND I WANNA BE BBQIN' EM NICE AND SLOW ....you all dig me dawgs?!

Gotta represent da Bombers y'all
Black pride mah brothas
Bounce

(Log in to remove this ad.)

thanks for the link.
it doesnt go anywhere- just like Port.
PS- What argument are we having (which ive supposedly lost????), all im saying is that youre a dork.
thats an argument i cant lose.
:)

Power Mad, getting back to your very original point which was

>After the embarrassment of losing to the Fremantle Levis last week, it was good to see Port beat Ansett Cup trend setters Carlton.

So can you tell us your reaction to Port now losing their practice match against Adelaide (according to you SAs second team).

Just curious. Lets here the rationalisations or is it to be more embarrassment?

Thanks for letting me know the result - regional news didn't cover it.
I don't think there will be too much reaction to the outcome. Apparently amphetamine sales were down slightly at the Bay, but that's about it.

Skase

Yes it was just a trial match so no big deal. It was just ironic Power mad getting embarrased about losing to Fremantle in the Ansett Cup and now another pre-season loss to the very team he has a real paranoia about. You and he both trolling endlessly about Port being SA premier team too, what a shame.

I wonder if PM will just die with embarassment. Probably he will just write it off just as you have done but it is very very funny just the same.
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Losing to the Dockers is embarrassing, but losing to 'The Generic South Australian Team' makes me sick in the guts.

I've only seen the quarter by quarter scores and no match reports, but apparently Port won three quarters but lost the game. I guess conceding 9 goals to one in a quarter won't win you too many matches.

Not an especially encouraging pre-season compared to last year, but apparently Mark Williams has had different priorities.

Hopefully Matty Primus is not too far off leading the ruck again. Danny Morton is back to add bite around the packs and goals, Matthew Bode stepping up has more than compensated for losing Eagleton and players like Brosnan, Murray and M. Stevens look like adding some depth.

However, if they play like they did in the second quarter today against Essendon in round one, it could be another disappointing 'first-up' for Port.

In fact Port's only good 'first-up' was Showdown I...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back