Santo, Sam & Ed

Remove this Banner Ad

Also, here is a screen grab from the new WG ad, highlighting what the table and panal looks like:

Capture-16.jpg

I really doubt they will continue (Other than hopefully returning for Brazil).

Working Dog never linger around on a project and would be very happy to leave on a high.

i have been listening to a complimentary podcast from a national youth network, vijay khurana and dom knight's podcast about "NO SLEEP TIL JOBURG!" has also been pure gold!

the two guys got to work on the cup's rest days and they had plenty of material!

anyway to quote the podcast: the netherlands losing tonight meant they were the last team to lose out of 32 teams

however there was one team to remain undefeated throughout the whole tournament: that was New Zealand!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Small snippet in the back of the Sunday Herald Sun (you know section with all the paparrazi photos :D etc), saying that they (working dog) are looking at potentially continuing on with the show on a regular basis, how ever the format/timing hasn't been determined. They will look at it after they get a break from the world cup.

I could see it working as a weekly show taking the piss out of funny moments in football from around the world.

I really doubt they will continue (Other than hopefully returning for Brazil).

Working Dog never linger around on a project and would be very happy to leave on a high.

TBH I think they are more interested in making money then protecting the legacy of a show.

The Panel ran for a long time (6-7 years), same with Thank God You Here...... Late Show was another one that ran for a few years.

With TGYH most likely not running this year they have an opening for more content.

TBH I think they are more interested in making money then protecting the legacy of a show.

The Panel ran for a long time (6-7 years), same with Thank God You Here...... Late Show was another one that ran for a few years.

With TGYH most likely not running this year they have an opening for more content.

That only went for two years unfortunately. It would be great to have a 'Fantasy Football' like show that Baddiel and Skinner had in the UK. If it's Santo, Sam and Ed then brilliant but there is such thing as overkill.

The Fantasy Football during the 98 world cup was classic, still today one of my favorite shows. The best part was the Phoenix from the Flames segment where they would recreate a moment from World Cup history and put some humor in to it. They are all on youtube, here is a classic with former Australian assistant coach Johan Neeskens http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5UDzdfXrBY

The Fantasy Football during the 98 world cup was classic, still today one of my favorite shows. The best part was the Phoenix from the Flames segment where they would recreate a moment from World Cup history and put some humor in to it. They are all on youtube, here is a classic with former Australian assistant coach Johan Neeskens http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5UDzdfXrBY

Yep the show and Phoneix of the Flames in particular was the highlight of the 98 wold cup for me. With no Australian involvement and a Euro time zone I needed an extra hook and for me it was that show.

My favourite Phoneix of the Flames was the reenactment of German goal keeper Schumacher's hit on Frenchman Patrick Battiston at the 1982 WC.

I reckon Santo, Sam and Ed could do something around the Champions League, or around next years Asian Cup. Does SBS have the rights or does Foxtel for the Asian Cup? Working dog could sell it to either broadcaster I guess.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back