Food, Drink & Dining Out Sauces

Remove this Banner Ad

Hard to pin point one precise sauce, it all depends what you're eating and whether or not it is basic or quality food also.

For instance, at the footy I love nothing more than a shitty hotdog with tomato sauce and the american mustard. In fact I love american mustard.

I also love HP on bacon. And the masterfoods BBQ steak sauce on a home cooked steak and a proper mushroom sauce on a restaurant steak - but none of that gravy with mushrooms in it crap.

Big fan of the Paul Newman's south west ranch on salads, and the chipotle at subway..

Too many sauces! lol

When I stayed at a friends in the US...they had this little beauty in the fridge

0001300000961_500X500.jpg

Wowee smoky BBQ at its best. Bought one back home and had a bit last night. Wonderful.

The only sauce that I must constantly own is Soy Sauce (which I use on almost every appropriate hot meal, grew up with it). I also tend to use sesame-seed oil (very lightly sprinkled) as a sauce on occasion, so that's the only other viscous condiment I must always have on hand.

But I also usually have a chilli sauce or pasta sauce (if that counts) lying around as well. I don't think I have owned tomato sauce for several years now. Even when I did eat red meat, it was chilli sauce that I used in lieu.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fresh pico de gallo for dipping on meat in a taco or a nachos
Nuoc cham for spring rolls or over a salad
Green Peppercorn sauce on a steak
A Chimichurri on a bit of grilled meat or fish
A Romesco on grilled meat or veg
Ajvar on grilled meat
Hollandaise sauce on Eggs Benedict

Mon 'Big Mick' burger sauce.

Awesome, tastes like the sauce Mcdonalds and Hungry Jacks use on their burgers.

Tomato sauce mixed with mustard.

have recently started doing this as well. would never have done it but for american youtubers and bunnings having both on offer one time i visited the sausage stand. american type mustard too, not wholegrain or dijon or other types which i eat other times but they just don't seem to round out a shitty sausage in bread the same way as that artificial coloured stuff.

i have a few staples like most people but every now and then i visit https://www.chilemojo.com.au/ for something a bit more boutique or interesting. at boutique and interesting prices to match.

The added turmeric(yellow colour) in American mustard is probably a good idea as an anti cancer measure when consuming processed meats

One of my all time favourite sauces was the burger sauce on the double patty smash at Rockwell & Sons in Collingwood. Used to go there as often as I could (not local)! Was shattered when they decided to close.

Then bout August last year they did a pop type thing where Meatsmith was selling burger pattys with their sauce etc and it came as a pack to make the burger. The epic part was that the ingredients for the sauce was on the packaging.. having tried to make it many a time and never quite succeeding I had finally found out the missing ingredient was scallions/spring onion. Next time I made it absolutely nailed it and was chuffed.

Anyhow, good sauce that..

One of my all time favourite sauces was the burger sauce on the double patty smash at Rockwell & Sons in Collingwood. Used to go there as often as I could (not local)! Was shattered when they decided to close.

Then bout August last year they did a pop type thing where Meatsmith was selling burger pattys with their sauce etc and it came as a pack to make the burger. The epic part was that the ingredients for the sauce was on the packaging.. having tried to make it many a time and never quite succeeding I had finally found out the missing ingredient was scallions/spring onion. Next time I made it absolutely nailed it and was chuffed.

Anyhow, good sauce that..
I put spring onions in my burgers
It adds a subtle but big flavour

Remove this Banner Ad

Back