SBFFL 2020 PRE-SEASON LIST MANAGEMENT

Remove this Banner Ad

A number of positional changes for me this year:

Sydney Stack lost his midfield status now DEF only
Jordan Clark lost his defender status now a MID only
Josh Dunkley, Tim Kelly, David Mundy, Doultan Langlands all lost their forward status and now are a MID only
Jarrod Cameron has lost his midfielder status now a FWD only.
Darcy Fort & Oscar Allen both FWDs now
Jack Sinclair and Luke English gained DPP and are now Mid/Fwd's.

As a result I'm a bit low on key defender stocks.

So what’s the plans? When does the trade period finish and the draft start??

I’m good to go unless someone wants to throw me a good offer for picks 7,8 & 10

Killing boredom on the couch decided to have a look at the previous years draft. Simonoz probably reached for Bonar in the 1st round but did well to grab Cerra in the 2nd. Cursing with a massive bargain with Tim Kelly at pick 13. Just quietly I’m pretty happy with Brayshaw and Naughton! Death got a steal with Worpel too!

1 Bogan Juniors: Cameron Raymor
2 Jonzi: Paddy Dow
3 CursingFijian: LDU
4 Simonoz: Aiden Bonar
5 Orasia Fantazio:Andrew Brayshaw
6 Majortinkle: Hunter Clark
7 St Kilda Death: Nick Coffield
8 Left_Billings: Tom Doedee
9 Phoenix_9: Jaiden Stephenson
10 PetWussy: Jack Higgins
11 Bogan Juniors: Paul Ahern
12 Jonzi: Darcy Fogarty
13 CursingFijian: Tim Kelly
14 Simonoz: Adam Cerra
15 Orasia Fantazio: Aaron Naughton
16 Majortinkle: Zac Bailey
17 St Kilda Death: James Worpel
18 Left_Billings: Harrison Wigg
19 Phoenix_9: Liam Ryan
20 PetWussy: Willie Rioli
21 Bogan Juniors: Lachie O'Brien
22 Jonzi: Sam Murray
23 CursingFijian: Tom McCartin
24 Simonoz: Lachie Fogarty
25 Orasia Fantazio: Ed Richards
26 Majortinkle: Bayley Fritsch
27 St Kilda Death: Nathan Murphy
28 Left_Billings: David Mirra
29 Phoenix_9: J Brander
30 PetWussy: Mathew Ling

Killing boredom on the couch decided to have a look at the previous years draft. Simonoz probably reached for Bonar in the 1st round but did well to grab Cerra in the 2nd. Cursing with a massive bargain with Tim Kelly at pick 13. Just quietly I’m pretty happy with Brayshaw and Naughton! Death got a steal with Worpel too!

1 Bogan Juniors: Cameron Raymor
2 Jonzi: Paddy Dow
3 CursingFijian: LDU
4 Simonoz: Aiden Bonar
5 Orasia Fantazio:Andrew Brayshaw
6 Majortinkle: Hunter Clark
7 St Kilda Death: Nick Coffield
8 Left_Billings: Tom Doedee
9 Phoenix_9: Jaiden Stephenson
10 PetWussy: Jack Higgins
11 Bogan Juniors: Paul Ahern
12 Jonzi: Darcy Fogarty
13 CursingFijian: Tim Kelly
14 Simonoz: Adam Cerra
15 Orasia Fantazio: Aaron Naughton
16 Majortinkle: Zac Bailey
17 St Kilda Death: James Worpel
18 Left_Billings: Harrison Wigg
19 Phoenix_9: Liam Ryan
20 PetWussy: Willie Rioli
21 Bogan Juniors: Lachie O'Brien
22 Jonzi: Sam Murray
23 CursingFijian: Tom McCartin
24 Simonoz: Lachie Fogarty
25 Orasia Fantazio: Ed Richards
26 Majortinkle: Bayley Fritsch
27 St Kilda Death: Nathan Murphy
28 Left_Billings: David Mirra
29 Phoenix_9: J Brander
30 PetWussy: Mathew Ling
I'll stay away from drafting in future picking up Jack Higgins, Willie Rioli and Mathew Ling..

I'll stay away from drafting in future picking up Jack Higgins, Willie Rioli and Mathew Ling..
To be fair Higgins would’ve been a solid pick but the brain injury puts a bit of a question mark on his future. Rioli is handy but probably won’t ever be overly SC relevant

Hey guys, it's almost time to get the draft moving! Step 1. Lets confirm the draft order and pick swaps.

2019 Final Ladder positions according to Ultimate Footy is:

1577950767100.png

That means the organic draft order is:

1577950835338.png

Below are the pick trades that I have been able to identify out of this thread.
  • Olma FC receive Puzzles FC pick 8 first round pick from a 2018 trade.
  • Pick 10 from Flaming Phoenix to Olma FC for Peter Wright and swap of third rounders 27 & 30
  • Puzzles FC get pick 19 and send Death FC pick 28
So current updated draft order is:

1577950786850.png

Can everyone who traded picks in last years trading raise them here so I can update the order.

Last edited:
Hey guys, it's almost time to get the draft moving! Step 1. Lets confirm the draft order and pick swaps.

2019 Final Ladder positions according to Ultimate Footy is:

View attachment 800548

That means the organic draft order is:

View attachment 800549

Below are the pick trades that I have been able to identify out of this thread.
  • Pick 10 (NOW 9) from Flaming Phoenix to Olma for Peter Wright and swap of third rounders (NOW 26 & 29)
  • Puzzles FC get pick 19 (NOW 20) and send Death FC pick 28 (NOW 25)
So current updated draft order is:

View attachment 800551

Can everyone who traded picks in last years trading raise them here so I can update the order.
I own Left_Billings 1st round pick from a trade done during the draft last year.

Also is the draft going off ladder position or how it ended up after finals? Because Phoenix won the league so I would’ve thought he’d have pick 10?

I own Left_Billings 1st round pick from a trade done during the draft last year.

Also is the draft going off ladder position or how it ended up after finals? Because Phoenix won the league so I would’ve thought he’d have pick 10?
I don't think that's how the draft works, but I'm happy to be corrected (as it would improve my draft position). My understanding is the draft works off ladder position before finals.

Is there any record of the trade you can direct me to? Or can Left_Billings confirm please.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On an unrelated note I'm just gauging interest at this stage but I’m considering starting up another keeper league. I’m thinking of starting one up on Ultimate footy and just going off scoring that is as close to SC as possible, I don't know about you guys but I don't have the energy to add up 2 different sets of scores and I know a couple of my mates who I've got lined up wouldn't be interested in doing that. Will be similar top this league with 40 man squads.

I’ve got 4 other guys lined up already, I'll try and get 10-12 teams together make it $50 buy in so we get serious players only. Just gauging interest early because it will probably take a bit to do the draft. Let me know if you're interested. I would probably base it somewhere else (thinking maybe a whatsapp group but open to suggestions) because my other mates aren't on BF.

We have modified the scoring in UF to be as close to SC as possible, and there are very few instances where SC yields a win when UF yields a loss or vice versa. But there are a few. Not enough in my opinion to distort the competition from reflecting the SC quality of each teams players.

The big issues are how to treat the byes and positional changes (which UF allows) and closely aligns with AFL Fantasy. I also believe waiver pickups should be capped.

Good luck I don’t think I have the time to run another team. I also believe that running multiple teams only reduces your chances because your strategy gets obscured.

If UF had CD scoring it would take off in a big way I reckon. They are under valuing the money it could generate I reckon.

I thought draft picks were after finals leaving me with pick 5...I’m ok either way! Are we running with a captain and vice captain? Bit of talk last year to get rid of the captain scores. Again I’m ok either way

On an unrelated note I'm just gauging interest at this stage but I’m considering starting up another keeper league. I’m thinking of starting one up on Ultimate footy and just going off scoring that is as close to SC as possible, I don't know about you guys but I don't have the energy to add up 2 different sets of scores and I know a couple of my mates who I've got lined up wouldn't be interested in doing that. Will be similar top this league with 40 man squads.

I’ve got 4 other guys lined up already, I'll try and get 10-12 teams together make it $50 buy in so we get serious players only. Just gauging interest early because it will probably take a bit to do the draft. Let me know if you're interested. I would probably base it somewhere else (thinking maybe a whatsapp group but open to suggestions) because my other mates aren't on BF.
I’d be interested Orasia Fantazio and I have another guy keen to join

Draft order definitely goes after finals placings!! I’ll be 10th, 20th. Left_Billings 9th, 19th before trades. But gotta include all the trades afterwards. Remember to include the 3rd place playoff etc. CursingFijian you’ll have 6th, 16th originally.

1st. Phoenix (10, 20, 30)
2nd. Death (9, 19, 29)
3rd. Left_Billings (8, 18, 28)
4th. Orasia Fantasia (7, 17, 27)
5th. CursingFijian (6, 16, 26)
6th. Jonzi (5, 15, 25)
7th. Petwussy (4, 14, 24)
8th. Majortinkle (3, 13, 23)
9th. Smokies (2, 12, 22)
10th. Simonoz (1, 11, 21)

And then gotta account for trades, but this is painful on my phone.

Last edited:

I’ll join, but we need to get moving. The original draft takes a while! 40 players for 10-12 teams takes a while, especially because you normally need a 24 hour window per pick, although we could probably drop it to 12 hours if everyone’s online often enough. In saying this, there’ll be windows where multiple picks are made in 1 hour, especially weeknights.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back