Competitions SBFFL Sharing of Duties

Remove this Banner Ad

Armoooo

Club Legend
Apr 19, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
Hey guys,

I know that the comp hasn't run as smoothly as it could have and it's led to a few compromises being made and rules being adjusted on the fly.

I'd like to try and tighten down on this a bit ahead of next season, particularly in relation to teams being named late etc. But with a full time job, a masters course and sporting commitments I'm not going to be able to have the comp run as tightly as I'd like by myself.

I know a couple of people have raised their hands about taking on some duties and that would be a great help.

The main tasks required to be monitored are as follows:

Game Day Management - Making sure teams are named before lockout, making sure teams are eligible and counting scores for those that haven't done so by Tuesday.

Trade Management - Updating confirmed trades list, not allowing teams to confirm trades if their lists haven't been updated from previous trades.

Waiver Wire Management - Keeping list and player pool up to date. Ensuring that teams meet list requirements etc.

I have been having a play around with the ultimate footy website but I keep encountering technical problems, I am not sure these will be resolved until the next season opens up. When this takes place I will have a look at both supercoach's keeper league and ultimate footy to see whether either of these work for what we need.

If these do not meet our requirements I think we may need to go to working off of a shared spreadsheet in google docs, I have seen other games work like this and it seems to work quite well (of course all money paid will be returned).

If anybody is keen to take on one of these roles it would be great, let me know.

I am also looking to spend some time doing some official logos, guernseys for the league and all clubs to add a bit more flavour to the comp.

Hey guys,

I know that the comp hasn't run as smoothly as it could have and it's led to a few compromises being made and rules being adjusted on the fly.

I'd like to try and tighten down on this a bit ahead of next season, particularly in relation to teams being named late etc. But with a full time job, a masters course and sporting commitments I'm not going to be able to have the comp run as tightly as I'd like by myself.

I know a couple of people have raised their hands about taking on some duties and that would be a great help.

The main tasks required to be monitored are as follows:

Game Day Management - Making sure teams are named before lockout, making sure teams are eligible and counting scores for those that haven't done so by Tuesday.

Trade Management - Updating confirmed trades list, not allowing teams to confirm trades if their lists haven't been updated from previous trades.

Waiver Wire Management - Keeping list and player pool up to date. Ensuring that teams meet list requirements etc.

I have been having a play around with the ultimate footy website but I keep encountering technical problems, I am not sure these will be resolved until the next season opens up. When this takes place I will have a look at both supercoach's keeper league and ultimate footy to see whether either of these work for what we need.

If these do not meet our requirements I think we may need to go to working off of a shared spreadsheet in google docs, I have seen other games work like this and it seems to work quite well (of course all money paid will be returned).

If anybody is keen to take on one of these roles it would be great, let me know.

I am also looking to spend some time doing some official logos, guernseys for the league and all clubs to add a bit more flavour to the comp.
There was a post on the SuperCoach board that reckoned the team picker would be open from Monday for gold subscribers.

Hopefully ultimate footy will kick in shortly afterwards.

I'm happy to help where I can. I'm most of the way to getting a list together that can be used as the waiver wire list - at least initially - hoping that's where ultimate footy could prove its worth eventually.

I guess game weekend management could be shared across a few of us taking a weekend each or just as and when we can - doesn't need to be the initial poster.

Like I say - hopefully timate footy will take care of the other two tasks but otherwise I can do these. One issue I have is that I'm on holiday for a month over Christmas so service may be a bit scratchy during that time.

Like Major says hopefully there is a platform, Ultimate Footy or otherwise, that will reduce the burden of tasks that have to be undertaken. Otherwise, I would be happy to manage the trades component.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back