Competitions SBFFL (The St Kilda Board Fantasy Football Leage) - Official Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Much better to stay with 10 teams!!

18 game season, play each other twice. 3 weeks finals (top 6, top 2 week off. 3v6, 4v5 eliminations, winners to play 1 and 2 in the prelims and then the gf). Same as the first 2 years.

That means that 21 rounds are needed. Scrap 2 of the bye rounds IMO and play just one of the bye rounds.
But how do we decide which bye round we play? Random or vote?

I’m calling it - with the commish ok with it and the two who had picked in the now defunct draft ok with it, it looks like we’re back up to 10.

Please welcome Orasia Fantazio and Bogan Juniors to complete our lineup

need to bring them up to speed but am at the pool with the kids and the Internet is slow as so give me a few hours....

Much better to stay with 10 teams!!

18 game season, play each other twice. 3 weeks finals (top 6, top 2 week off. 3v6, 4v5 eliminations, winners to play 1 and 2 in the prelims and then the gf). Same as the first 2 years.

That means that 21 rounds are needed. Scrap 2 of the bye rounds IMO and play just one of the bye rounds.
But how do we decide which bye round we play? Random or vote?
I’ve always said that we play all three byes, but they only count collectively as 1 fixture.

I think it stuffs up the ultimate footy league table - that’s the only problem

Thanks heaps for having me guys. I am a keeper league newbie but very keen on giving this a serious crack! Bring us up to speed whenever you can!!

simonoz Jonzi Orasia Fantazio Bogan Juniors

So guys I think the first thing you have to do is decide how you want to sort out your teams.

I figure there is 2 options. You can just take it in turns and select from the teams attached or you could throw all the players listed and other free agents into a pot and draft teams between the 4 of you.

Before Orasia and Bogan arrived Jonzi selected Team 3 and simonoz selected Team 1

They've had the teams for a few weeks and I think it is only fair that they have the option of keeping them if they want. To be honest it would be the quickest option to get started. Shout out if you want to go the picking route - if all 4 of you do then happy days.

If we go with existing teams Orasia you signed up next so you can choose either Team 2 or Team 4

Then Bogan you can tell us how the team left would have been the one you chose anyway!

Attachments

• SC Keeper League Available Teams.pdf
    36.9 KB · Views: 53
  • SBFFL_-_Official_Rules_v1.5.pdf
    242.5 KB · Views: 24
I'd going to keep my motley squad after spending a few weeks studying it, throwing out crap, shaking my head and being pleasantly surprised with a few lads.

Haven't checked out UF as yet, but can I assume there is an FA list over there? Also with our addition of two new managers - we go back to squads of 44, no rook list?
Thanks !!

simonoz Jonzi Orasia Fantazio Bogan Juniors

So guys I think the first thing you have to do is decide how you want to sort out your teams.

I figure there is 2 options. You can just take it in turns and select from the teams attached or you could throw all the players listed and other free agents into a pot and draft teams between the 4 of you.

Before Orasia and Bogan arrived Jonzi selected Team 3 and simonoz selected Team 1

They've had the teams for a few weeks and I think it is only fair that they have the option of keeping them if they want. To be honest it would be the quickest option to get started. Shout out if you want to go the picking route - if all 4 of you do then happy days.

If we go with existing teams Orasia you signed up next so you can choose either Team 2 or Team 4

Then Bogan you can tell us how the team left would have been the one you chose anyway!
Im happy to run with either of 2 or 4 if the others wish to keep the current teams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve always said that we play all three byes, but they only count collectively as 1 fixture.

I think it stuffs up the ultimate footy league table - that’s the only problem
We could still schedule 2 byes to coincide with the AFL bye weeks, and then just manually enter our score based for the first bye week based on however we decide to run a scoring match over the bye weeks. Hope that makes sense.

We could still schedule 2 byes to coincide with the AFL bye weeks, and then just manually enter our score based for the first bye week based on however we decide to run a scoring match over the bye weeks. Hope that makes sense.
We could, but UF doesn't let us I don't think - you either play through all 3 or play none of them. Don't think there are any other options

Welcome aboard the four newcomers! Having a 10 team league is for the best and I’m glad majortinkle put in the hard yards to make this happen.
Now that we have all the coaches, I look forward to our 3rd season!
Hopefully we get the UF league set up soon and then onto he draft.

With 10 coaches, I’d say we’ll stick to the 44 player squads, but still do away with the rookie list, as they’re effectively pointless even in the AFL.

Just looking over the Olde rulebook.
According to that,
At least 3 delistings must be made before our Draft (as per real AFL)

So if everyone could get their team up in the teams thread and delistings done.
If you plan on drafting 5 players, you need to have 5 spaces in your list of 44 players.

Can anyone else refresh me on what rule was established regarding players eligible for the draft? Obviously any new players, but was it also just players from last year that have played 0 senior games? Or under 5 or 10 or something.

Just looking over the Olde rulebook.
According to that,
At least 3 delistings must be made before our Draft (as per real AFL)

So if everyone could get their team up in the teams thread and delistings done.
If you plan on drafting 5 players, you need to have 5 spaces in your list of 44 players.

Can anyone else refresh me on what rule was established regarding players eligible for the draft? Obviously any new players, but was it also just players from last year that have played 0 senior games? Or under 5 or 10 or something.
There’s two drafts. 1st One for veterans like the psd and then the one for newbies and zero games played fa’s

You need to have space for more than 3 players if you want to take part in the psd

We could really do with having a picture of who is available to pick before we can work out whether we want to be in the psd

How are we doing signing up to last years restored league?

Once the original 6 are signed up we can work out the best way to get our new managers lists on there

This all looks great guys. If everyone is happy to pick lists, I'd be happy to take over team 2.
Orasia - are you knight 2 a gun Fyfe?

Bogan Juniors and simonoz I’m afraid cursing and I stuffed up a little and managed to create 2 copies of last years league. I know we’re special!

You joined the one we’re canning. Can you please sign up using the invite quoted below. Sorry for the hassle.

To those that haven't yet. Click on the link to join. Remember if joining for the first time to use your BigFooty name (not your real name) for ease of reference.

http://ultimate-footy.theage.com.au/962298/invitation

Remove this Banner Ad

Back