News Scott Lycett signs with Port Districts

Remove this Banner Ad

Reasonably happy with this.
Would've preferred 4 years, but it is what it is.

At least now we have a twin-ruck option.

(Just hoping we're got a coach that'll implement it)

This is what happens when you don’t develop your own rucks. At least we’re not giving up a top 10 pick for him.

I wonder if Polec would have stayed if we offered him the same contract...

Do you think there'd be get out clauses and performance incentives this time around, so that there's not a repeat of the Lobbe disaster?

Should make us a better team but that's a massive contract for a second tier ruckman. Hopefully he proves to be worth it or that figure is just media speculation.

Also seems strange we'd offer an injury prone ruckman 5 years but wouldn't budge on 3 for Polec.

Still undecided on this one.
We will be paying a premium price for a player that in our current set up would play most games in the SANFL.

Not saying he is not good enough to play AFL but that we will need to do a significant overhaul game plan wise to play both Ryder and Lycett.

It also means that one of our KPFs will be probably be dropped. One out of Watts or Marshall would be most likely candidates.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If 600k a yr is what it took then fair enough only cost us salary and will be a solid player seems like his team mates love him a tick from me.

Great addition to our squad, looking forward to him working over the opposition ruckman early in the game while Paddy roams the forward 50, then later in the game Paddy can jump over the top of the opposition ruck.
Only took a few years to identify the lack of rucks as an issue.

I don't view him as a #1 ruck, I'm hoping he's a 2nd ruck/forward and by he time Ryder finishes, Hayes is our #1 ruck
I'd lke to agree, but for $600k he needs to be better than just a backup.

I don't view him as a #1 ruck, I'm hoping he's a 2nd ruck/forward and by he time Ryder finishes, Hayes is our #1 ruck

Not many rucks are ready to be no 1 at 20/21.

Always good to have a Port boy come home, plus his experience with a successful side with be invaluable to our current side that seems to have a severe allergy to success.

Eagles to match offer and make port use their first pick to secure him

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

16923487_2514556758571299_1067505934_n.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back