Fixture Season 2022 - Full AFL Fixture in OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Let's go with 3 good games from Wednesday to Friday and leave the shitty Richmond v Carlton clash for a Sunday Twilight in round 13 or somewhere fitting of its stature.

Guarantee if they go with 3 primetime games it'll end up with being from a selection of the same 8 Victorian teams - No national teams, nor Saints or Kangaroos, need bother applying.
Think Sydney might be a chance for the Friday night game with Franklin's 1000th as a possibility

Or Collingwood. More likely to kick a bag against them next year.
Also the 2 teams he seemed to love playing the most (at Hawthorn at least).
It should be Collingwood.

Essendon played finals in 2021. Collingwood bottom 4 in 2021. Why should it be rewarded with yet another Melbourne based (MCG/Marvel) opener?

It’s time Collingwood did it’s bit and travelled interstate in round 1. It should be Sydney Vs Collingwood on the Saturday night.

If the AFL is wanting all vic teams in Melb Round 1…

Wed
Melbourne v Bulldogs MCG n

Thur
Carlton v Richmond MCG n

Fri
North Melb v Essendon Marvel n

Sat
Port Adelaide v West Coast AO
St Kilda v Geelong Marvel t
GWS v Sydney Giants n
Gold Coast v Adelaide MS n

Sun
Hawthorn v Collingwood MCG
Fremantle v Brisbane OS

If the AFL is wanting all vic teams in Melb Round 1…

Wed
Melbourne v Bulldogs MCG n

Thur
Carlton v Richmond MCG n

Fri
North Melb v Essendon Marvel n

Sat
Port Adelaide v West Coast AO
St Kilda v Geelong Marvel t
GWS v Sydney Giants n
Gold Coast v Adelaide MS n

Sun
Hawthorn v Collingwood MCG
Fremantle v Brisbane OS
There's no way they would make North vs Essendon the Friday night game. If that's the fixture, then it would be St Kilda vs Geelong.

I'd go with:

Wednesday
Melbourne vs Bulldogs

Thursday
Richmond vs Carlton

Friday
Essendon vs Geelong

Saturday
Sydney vs Adelaide
North Melbourne vs St Kilda
Gold Coast vs GWS
Port Adelaide vs West Coast

Sunday
Collingwood vs Hawthorn
Fremantle vs Brisbane

There's no way they would make North vs Essendon the Friday night game. If that's the fixture, then it would be St Kilda vs Geelong.

I'd go with:

Wednesday
Melbourne vs Bulldogs

Thursday
Richmond vs Carlton

Friday
Essendon vs Geelong

Saturday
Sydney vs Adelaide
North Melbourne vs St Kilda
Gold Coast vs GWS
Port Adelaide vs West Coast

Sunday
Collingwood vs Hawthorn
Fremantle vs Brisbane

yeah true, there’s a bit of hype around North with the likely debut if JHF and CCJ, Greenwood etc. But could easily be Collingwood v someone for Mccrae’s first game in charge.

Cats v Dons is a good choice though

It should be Collingwood.

Essendon played finals in 2021. Collingwood bottom 4 in 2021. Why should it be rewarded with yet another Melbourne based (MCG/Marvel) opener?

It’s time Collingwood did it’s bit and travelled interstate in round 1. It should be Sydney Vs Collingwood on the Saturday night.

Agree. Much tho I would like a joint Bloods/Hawks game, I reckon a game v the Pies is the ticket.

It would bookend Plugger breaking Coventry's record and against the Pies. IIRC Kelly hit a lace out pass to Plugger with a sad Mal Michael on the mark.

The SCG would get 40K+... but arguably the G would get 80+ 30K Bloods, 40 Pies and and 10K Hawks and other fans wanting to celebrate the big moment.

Difficult call.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree. Much tho I would like a joint Bloods/Hawks game, I reckon a game v the Pies is the ticket.

It would bookend Plugger breaking Coventry's record and against the Pies. IIRC Kelly hit a lace out pass to Plugger with a sad Mal Michael on the mark.

The SCG would get 40K+... but arguably the G would get 80+ 30K Bloods, 40 Pies and and 10K Hawks and other fans wanting to celebrate the big moment.

Difficult call.
News down here that the league are trying to get as many Vic clubs to play each other as possible to reward fans loyalty in opening round.

Maybe the Swans could play a big interstates like Brisbane or the Power?

News down here that the league are trying to get as many Vic clubs to play each other as possible to reward fans loyalty in opening round.

Maybe the Swans could play a big interstates like Brisbane or the Power?

Well that would be right. The Bloods (and Giants for that matter) have missed more home games than others. I expect the Buddoir breaks the 1,000 game would rate extra well, esp if it is v the Hawks or Pies even. It would be a hot ticket wherever it is played.

Mike Fitzpatrick and the McGuire, as usual, are not welcome at any Bloods home game. The SCG would therefore have one massive Corporate Box free at the SCG. It would be nice to have a massive kids party there instead,

According to the Age:

Wednesday - Melbourne vs Bulldogs

Thursday - Richmond vs Carlton

Saturday Afternoon - Geelong vs Essendon

Sydney vs GWS at the SCG

Collingwood vs St Kilda

Hawthorn vs North Melbourne

QLD teams expect to be playing one SA team and one WA team.

Here's the link:

Last edited:
According to the Age:

Wednesday - Melbourne vs Bulldogs

Thursday - Richmond vs Carlton

Saturday Afternoon - Geelong vs Essendon

Sydney vs GWS at the SCG

Collingwood vs St Kilda

Hawthorn vs North Melbourne

QLD teams expect to be playing one SA team and one WA team.

Here's the link:

What's the Buddy narrative on this one?

Kick the 1000th against the team he ALMOST requested a trade to?

In saying that I think it's more likely he kicks it round 2 anyway.

AFL confirmed round 1 fixture:

Wednesday, March 16
Melbourne v Western Bulldogs, MCG, 7.10pm AEDT, Seven

Thursday, March 17
Carlton v Richmond, MCG, 7.25pm AEDT, Seven

Friday, March 18
St Kilda v Collingwood, Marvel Stadium, 7.50pm AEDT, Seven

Saturday, March 19
Geelong v Essendon, MCG, 2.10pm AEDT, Fox
Greater Western Sydney v Sydney, Accor Stadium, 5.10pm AEDT, Fox
Brisbane v Port Adelaide, Gabba, 7.10pm AEST, Seven

Sunday, March 20
Hawthorn v North Melbourne, MCG, 1.10pm AEDT, Fox
Adelaide v Fremantle, Adelaide Oval, 3.40pm ACDT, Fox
West Coast v Gold Coast, Optus Stadium, 4.40pm AWST, Fo

Here's the link:

Why St Kilda vs Collingwood on Friday night and not Geelong vs Essendon?

Hardly a plane in or out of Australia in years but of course the day after the new variant is announced a planeload of covid positive africans arrives in Sydney LMAO. You couldn't make it up. Good luck 2022 Gil.

VIC and NSW will not cancel games and will have crowds. 50% minimum will be my guess. Except GWS games who will allow anyone to turn up because 50% never happens.

QLD and SA may follow suit and allow games. But they will push for player hubs which the AFLPA will refuse. Except for Freo and WCE who will spend the season jetsetting everywhere except WA. Which WA people will claim is a sign of strength.

Jist like losing the WACA test.

The AFL have done a good job.
GF rematch to kick things off is excellent.
Nice reward for Victorians enduring 2 years of lockdowns having us all in Victoria for Round One.
Happy enough to play the Saints.
WA, SA, Qld & NSW all have games.
NSW Derby to kick things off.
It’s good.
But the whingers will still whinge.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back