Official Match Thread Season 31, Round 14: Gold City Royals vs Roys FFC at The Golden Throne

Remove this Banner Ad

Match Preview <3
  • Welcome to the Season 31, Round 14 clash between the Gold City Royals and the Roys FFC, in what is the Roys' 500th SFA fixture.

The Royals have entered Round 14 having been trounced by a resurgent Gumbies side, in the process falling out of the top four. On the other hand, the Roys enter Round 14 unlucky to have not secured the full 4 points on offer against the Demons, with Mobbs failing to take a late opportunity to seal a fairytale win for his side.

For me, this game comes down to which team has the most desire to put a score on the board early. The first side to kick a goal will certainly win. NTRabbit looks to me like exactly the type of player to burst out of the blocks with four first-quarter goals, which is fortunate as he'll be covering for his less talented full forward The Filth Wizard all day long.

In what will be an unremarkable game of QOOTY, I envisage the Royals establishing a massive lead, only for the Roys to cut it back with scoring opportunity after scoring opportunity in the final quarter. Unfortunately, I don't think it'll be enough, and if you have to push me I'll tip the Royals by 8 points, BRAB to go without a disposal because he's rubbish, and a tired Mobbs to wind up sitting on the pine after an unproductive day.

A win to the Royals will probably push them into rarified air in the top four, while the Roys will slide out of the top eight after the Hawks resurgance continues with them winning their fourth match in a row.

Roys sign Tarks!! <3
  • The Roys are the place to be for Qooty incompetence !!! Roys sign Tarkyn_24 !!
    Hold on, you can’t sign me against my will!

...Ah well, I probably would’ve chosen to sign up anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back