Official Match Thread Season 36 Round 10 - Gold City Royals v West Coast Wonders @ The Golden Throne

Remove this Banner Ad

1693801551465-png.1800331

vs

1626080186083-png.1757210
Let's start with a bit of humour:

A man is sitting at home alone when he hears a knock on the front door. He opens it to find two sheriff's deputies there. He asks if there is a problem.

One of the deputies asks if he is married. He says, "Yes, I am."

The deputy then asks if he could see a picture of the man's wife.

The guy says, "Sure," and gets a photo to show them.

The deputy says, "I'm sorry, sir. But it looks like your wife's been hit by a truck."

The guy replies, "I know, but she has a great personality and is an excellent cook."

Welcome to this round 10 fixture, to be held at The Golden Throne. It's 4 v 12, so obviously one team needs a win more than the other.

Royals

The Royals return from their bye in 12th position (they're not bottom, only because the Old Boys are doing their utmost to make me look good at doing team sheets). So despite their last start narrow win over the Old Boys, they'll be desperate to string a few wins together to give themselves a chance of playing in late November.

Who’s hot (from round 8)

Brenton Davy: 26 possessions, 12 marks & 2 goals
SarahSmiles: 27 possessions & 9 marks

Who’s not (from round 8)

Gouki88: 2 possessions
Memphis: 4 possessions

Wonders

The Wonders are sitting comfortably in 4th spot, but not TOO comfortably, as only 8 premiership points (still less than the number of points the Old Boys have lost LOL) separate 1st from 7th, so a loss could slightly loosen their grip on a top 4 finish.

Who’s hot

Cubs2Lions: 4 hit outs, 28 possessions, 5 marks & 3 goals
DenieD: 10 goals

Who’s not

Rioli2Rioli: 2 possessions
JT_the_Man: 6 possessions

Who wins

The sim is almost as difficult to read as a Furies match thread, but I'll say the Wonders will continue their winning streak by 7 points.

Captains Please Submit Team Sheets by 11:59pm Thursday, AWST

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back