Official Match Thread Season 37 Round 20 - Baghdad Bombers v East Side Hawks @ Abdu Prison

Remove this Banner Ad

just another story from your childhood
Hi, I’m Bovo. You may know me from posts like Bovball and other lame posts. What I lack in substance, I make up in substance abuse. But you know, we all have stories from our childhood that will go down with the ship. I’d honestly love to hear a story, mundane or not, to keep the memories alive.

I was just eating dinner and for whatever reason this memory from my childhood popped into my head. It’s hardly exciting and not Even worthy of sharing, but here we are.

I have this memory of delivering junk mail to a number of suburbs. I couldn’t tell you if it was SA or Vic, because I was actually born in Victoria and so have memories from both states as a young kid. But here we are, mum and dad decided we should split up to get the job done faster, so we split in to boys (dad and me) and girls (mum and my two older sisters). It was a warm day and walking around for what seemed like ages, I suddenly hear that amazing sound of an ice cream van doing its round. I turn to my dad and ask can we get one? He says it would be extremely unfair if we had one and my sisters didn’t. That sounded fair enough for a young kid, but I was bloody desperate for an ice cream, so I kept begging him. He was adamant that we have to be fair and even threatened me if I didn’t knock it off. Realising I was flogging a dead horse, I got on with it. We rounded the corner to catch up with my mum and sisters, and there they were ice cream in hand and by this time the bloody van had moved on. Not sure why this memory has stayed with me, but surely I’m not alone in stories from your childhood that could be put to paper becaus well why the hell not?

Who’s next?

One that sticks in my mind was when I took a sickie from school, not sure how old but probably 7or 8yo.
Anyhow dad was working in town, mum was working on the fruit block & I was in bed firing my pop gun at the light.
Well I’ll be f…….. I hit the bloody thing didn’t I & glass shattered all over the place, so here I go running down to where mum was working screaming “ mum, mum, the light fell out” she told me everything would be ok & she’d fix it up when she got home. She really was pretty good stick & being the middle child I got away with murder. 😈
This is one of many that sticks in my mind.

Last edited:
One that sticks in my mind was when I took a sickie from school, not sure how old but probably 7or 8yo.
Anyhow dad was working in town, mum was working on the fruit block & I was in bed firing my pop gun at the light.
We’ll be f…….. I hit the bloody thing didn’t I & glass shattered all over the place, so here I go running down to where mum was working screaming “ mum, mum, the light fell out” she told me everything would be ok & she’d fix it up when she got home. She really was pretty good stick & being the middle child I got away with murder. 😈
This is one of many that sticks in my mind.
That’s awesome.

Good evening Bombers and Hawks. I have the privilege of posting your match tomorrow, and this show should kick off at 4.20pm AEST.
Good luck to both teams.
Pugsley Kilroy por_please_ya Callums_Guns

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonder where lamb Strigoi noff has gone for the weekend, last game of the season and already on her footy trip, or marketing her new adventure in the world.

View attachment 2000471
Master Foods, no less. The good stuff. 🥰
I had a busy day today. Thought about the thread while I was out and about, though. 🙂

Took our bottles to the local Victorian Recycle Center and got a whopping $3.90. 🙄 But it’s $3.90 we didn’t have before. Got our voucher and went to the grocery store…dangerous - spent much more than $3.90. 🤨 Washed clothes, made a nice lunch, washed dishes, picked up a cake then went to the in-laws’ house to celebrate a birthday, played with their dog, laughed in the car on the way home as the Cats were losing, made salads for supper then watched the Tigers lose… 🤣 And here we are.

I’m ready to beat these Bombers tomorrow!
brain roar GIF

So is our game going to be posted around 4:20? Or is it subject to change?
It must be the Grand Final as it will be our last game of the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back