Official Match Thread Season 37 Round 20 - Roys FFC v Las Vegas Bears @ Brunswick Junction Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm going to a funeral today of a mate of mine Mum.

She was 111 years old. Made her own lunch, showed no cognitive decline and was Australia's oldest person.

Got a letter from the Queen at 100 and a letter from the king at 110!

Should be a joyous celebration.

Last edited:

I'm going to a funeral today of a mate of mine Mum.

She was 111 years old. Made her own lunch, showed no cognitive decline and was Australia's second oldest person.

Got a letter from the Queen at 100 and a letter from the king at 110!

Should be a joyous celebration.
She sounds like she lead an amazing and full life. It’s great that you can be there for your mum and to hear other things about her life.

As an aside, I have actually never been to a funeral. This is despite having lost family (all 4 grandparents , aunts and uncles , cousins) , friends (three from my highschool year in the space of 18 months when we were all 19-20) and colleagues over the years. The timing never worked out (I or they always tended to be overseas, or more recently the pandemic got in the way). Done a few live streams of funerals, and also memorials, but they aren’t quite the same.

BF can't handle a draw
I would’ve thought Pies fans would be used to it by now…

Turns out the Freo fans on PT from the game couldn’t either!
(We weren’t at the game but were out being a Friday night)

Watched the bite and mini at home and yeah, good old umpiring

I would’ve thought Pies fans would be used to it by now…

Turns out the Freo fans on PT from the game couldn’t either!
(We weren’t at the game but were out being a Friday night)

Watched the bite and mini at home and yeah, good old umpiring
And every time there's a possible increase in traffic, the site chokes up.

It has a very Enron clangor.

Wow two days in a row that haven't been any of thread day, match day or selection day.
I hear you. We went through a run on Friday night , prime time footy . I like it as most Friday early evenings WST (bar yesterday) are free for me but it’s not for everyone. Having shorter match threads means that a couple of busy days results in less time to try and make up for it on the other days. My Thursday and Friday were hectic so here I am on a Saturday morning trying to play catchup . Having to decide on the team sheet /changes when the thread had barely begun was interesting too.

I’ve always been an advocate for 13 rounds/12 games with one classical bye each so there’s no double ups but it does seem as if that’s too obvious for some on here

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Insulting Jake Mclaughlin GIF by ABC Network

Is that a song about Facebook Market place?
I have used it a fair bit over the last 6 months to help sell things /give things away either side of the interstate move

And I have discovered that there are certainly plenty of attempted scammers and general “characters” on it haha

Will the Bears beat the Roys this weekend?

8%2Bbakl%2B-%2Bvery%2Bdoubtful.jpg

The 8-ball has spoken!

We need 3KZ is Football and his tarot cards to confim...

IMG_0762.jpeg
“The cards clearly indicate that the Roys will win this one with ease.”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back