Official Match Thread Season 37 - Round 9 - Fighting Furies v Dragons FFC at rfctigerarmy's hippodrome

Remove this Banner Ad

Jesus Christ. T2B_, do something!!
Season 2 Drama GIF by PBS

That team is so terrible, we won't win any points this week, in fact, we will lose minus points.
Dragons need to win a game, Furies need to lose a game, it seems to all work out

Handshake Deal GIF by MacGruber

Tomas Holes? Come on Hatchy, these names are clearly being taken from the Top 10 Czech adult film stars list.
Fifa transfermarket website is my best friend this week.

Top 10 Czech footballers:

8:
Ladislav Krejci

A 24 year old versatile left footed central defender or defensive midfielder standing at 1.91m who is most comfortable in the heart of defence, he is yet to hit his prime, but at his best, is a very good young player. Currently plies his trade for Sparta Prague, another one of the powerhouses of the Fortuna Liga. He was first called up to the Czech Republic national team as recently as 2023, making 7 appearances for the Czech Republic and contributing with 2 goals in those 7 appearances. For his club team this season he has made 17 appearances, contributing with 5 goals and 3 assists. His young career is currently on the upwards trajectory.

Personally a favourite of mine on Fifa and is always one of my first purchases usually partnering with Niklas Sule in the heart of defence for Borussia Dortmund. A future captain in the making. Is one to watch for the future.

OIP.fkgkPbOUxtHYuA6ZDgg_LgHaEF

Top 10 Australian Animation/Youth Programming Blocks/Wrapper Programs

They were relatively cheap, easy to film, and counted as Australian content so that the commercial networks could fill their quotas with minimal effort. Despite that, wrapper programming blocks have become a bit of a nostalgic thing for us in the millennial and zoomer demographics.

So I went onto YouTube to find all the most iconic/best put together ones (and more than a few duds) and make a ranking list, a task that seems to be a requirement for anyone posting in a Dragons-Furies match thread.

The Cool Room

Big set, decent production values, but still has a cold, corporate air to the proceedings.​

Agro's Cartoon Connection

Full disclosure, Agro mostly aired before my time.

As in, I was born 2 years before it got the axe, and I was way too young to remember it.

That said, looking at the available clips on YouTube...sorry millennials, but I'm not super impressed.

Most of the gags seem to be some variation on Agro sexually harrassing his co-host, live in front of the children of Queensland.

However...it did bring Sailor Moon to free-to-air TV, and that cannot be understated.​

Top 10 Czech footballers:

7:
Michal Sadilek

At only 24 years old, the diminutive central midfielder at only 5'6 feet tall can also play in the holding position of midfield. Strong and robust in the tackle despite his small stature he also possesses a mean left boot. Not being a known goalscorer, however his tireless energy means he's able to control the centre of the field all game more than makes up for it. Has been a regular Czech international since making his first cap in 2021, he has since made 16 appearances and scored 1 goal. Club wise is the first player on this list to play on foreign soil in the Eredivisie for FC Twente. A step up from the Fortuna Liga. This season he has made 24 appearances and scored 1 goal while contributing with 2 assists.
Will surely make a bigger step up to a bigger European league sooner or later.

fc18e6c60774376f9eb66fe62be450c6_resize=1750,1289_.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your allowed to i believe it's just whether we want you here or not.

That's great news, the more you don't want me here, the more I'll be here.

The more you want me here, the more I'll be here.

Everyone is a winner.

Toasted TV

While it got way too much hate from kids of the day for replacing a show that's still to come on the list, looking back, it's serviceable but not spectacular.

I can see the appeal of why the kids in the audience would want to be in the background of the interstitials between episodes of Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh, but the obvious cross-promotion from filming at Movie World does take away from the production design.

That said, this was my era of Channel 10, so I'll bump it up a little for nostalgia's sake.​

Remove this Banner Ad

Back