Official Match Thread Season 37 - Round 9 - Mount Buller Demons v Ophidian Old Boys at The Snow Dome

Remove this Banner Ad

My beautiful, funny, dignified boy is 13 too, on his last days, the cancer has got him.
He’s smooching me like a baby and I’m about to buy him a roast chicken to eat on my lap 🙂

View attachment 1940823
What a beautiful boy. Obviously deserves chicken.

I spent two days in London ten years ago. One day was spent on the usual tourist attractions. The other day was completely dedicated to going and getting this photo...

aaaaaa.jpg

My favourite Pink Floyd album and one of my all-time favourites overall.

I don't say this often (well, ever), but I sometimes wish I was 10 years older so I could have witnessed the evolution of the first bands I fell in love with. Plus seeing them live in their prime would have been epic.

Yet I will always have fond memories of "discovering" a 10 year old album when I was say 15 and being completely lost in it though. So I guess it's not all that bad.
I have a mate who would constantly have a dig at me because he saw Led Zeppelin live when they toured in 72. Yes, it would have been great, but there are always offsets. I'm glad that I'm my age now and not ten years older.

Anyway, I'm off to the markets now for some shopping, some coffee, some quaffing and above all, a good dose of laughter.

Have a great day folks. Whatever you do, do it with passion.

I have a mate who would constantly have a dig at me because he saw Led Zeppelin live when they toured in 72. Yes, it would have been great, but there are always offsets. I'm glad that I'm my age now and not ten years older.
Bit of a weird flex to be honest

"Haha my parents had sex 10 years before yours"

Mixed Martial Arts Thumbs Up GIF by UFC

I couldn't get enough of The Wall when I was a morose 19 year old... now it just sounds like a whiny, self indulgent Roger Waters rant. One good side, one OK side, two melodramatic sides.

The best balance of Waters' lyrics and Gilmour's music is Animals, I think.

I still like the Wall a lot. I've managed to avoid the feeling that it's a whiny, self indulgent Roger Waters rant although I totally see where that comes from and I know it's a common opinion.
But Animals quickly became my favourite and has been since. I never get sick of listening to it.

What have I missed?

Are the Demons still the easy beats of the League?
Bono!

Minnesota Vikings Wow GIF by Vinnie Camilleri

Wish I could say that but had to sit through a pretty horrible game the other night where they looked fully in control. Worse still with a Demons supporting sibling who didn't have fox. My groans matched her stifled gloats...

Er, wrong code. Yes, the easiest of beats!

I spent two days in London ten years ago. One day was spent on the usual tourist attractions. The other day was completely dedicated to going and getting this photo...

View attachment 1940844

My favourite Pink Floyd album and one of my all-time favourites overall.
back when ringtones on phones were still a thing I made myself a ringtone from one of the solos in dogs about 14 minutes in

(Log in to remove this ad.)

back when ringtones on phones were still a thing I made myself a ringtone from one of the solos in dogs about 14 minutes in
👌

I'm the "perfect" age where I didn't spend my teenage years without a phone, but also didn't spend my teenage years with the whole world at my finger tips.

... I spent my my teenage years where I had to pay $5 to download a shitty screen wallpaper or an even shittier monophonic ringtone!

(For those playing at home, monophonic means one note/tone at a time)

No, it's definitely Tuesday according to the world famous and patented manangatang Days Of The Week Index.
Thank god I missed that day.

Honestly though, this isn't the best timeline of my life. Feel like I'm wading through thread upon thread of Bomber banter, figuratively speaking.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back