Coaching Staff Senior Coach: John Worsfold - Thank you John

Remove this Banner Ad

The questioning of Woosha’s character and commitment based on a few seconds (yes seconds) of TV footage is astounding. Calmness and composure is a highly respected skill in the business and sporting world yet he is being drilled for it. Whenever I’ve seen Hardwick, Scott, Eade and co lose it in the box I’ve always thought it was poor and that they lacked self control and an ability to cope with pressure.

I’m backing Woosha and our players to bounce back.
I like this post a lot.

"Whatever the case, the Bombers are not perceived around the league to be tactically cutting edge, especially in their defensive 50. Some of their tactics have brought other clubs into fits of laughter"

What a weird thing to say. Could be interpreted as trolling. But I dont fully understand the extreme negativity around us given the injuries this year and position on the ladder even though I dont think we will make finals. But it happens to other clubs too. Gotta get those clicks.

This reads like his source is Dan Richardson.

"There is a view internally that Worsfold’s mandate has slowly been whittled down since the end of 2017 when football department chief Rob Kerr left the club and was replaced by Daniel Richardson, who arrived from reigning premiers Richmond. Partly that is because Worsfold, in stark contrast to the brute of a player he was at West Coast in the 1990s, is the type of person who likes to empower those around him."

"Richardson, having overseen difficult but ultimately justified changes on the Tigers’ coaching panel at the end of 2016 before being subordinated by the super-experienced Neil Balme...he was responsible for the unceremonious exit of Worsfold loyalist Mark Neeld early last year, another call which in hindsight proved justified"

"Xavier Campbell wields a great deal of power. He may shortly be staring down the difficult call to part ways with a man hired under his watch."

Never have I seen or have I seen higher cause to promote Richardson's accomplishments. Wasn't Balme at Richmond when changes were made?

Whatever you think of Richardson, if he is a source or someone has been a source at his behest you'd think Worsfold is done.

Was not surprised to read:

"Change has already started to sweep through a political football department in which differences of opinion over game style and perceived agendas of various assistant coaches has created an environment in which some players have been allowed to get away with breaking team rules, in turn creating a sense of frustration for others."

This reads like his source is Dan Richardson.

"There is a view internally that Worsfold’s mandate has slowly been whittled down since the end of 2017 when football department chief Rob Kerr left the club and was replaced by Daniel Richardson, who arrived from reigning premiers Richmond. Partly that is because Worsfold, in stark contrast to the brute of a player he was at West Coast in the 1990s, is the type of person who likes to empower those around him."

"Richardson, having overseen difficult but ultimately justified changes on the Tigers’ coaching panel at the end of 2016 before being subordinated by the super-experienced Neil Balme...he was responsible for the unceremonious exit of Worsfold loyalist Mark Neeld early last year, another call which in hindsight proved justified"

"Xavier Campbell wields a great deal of power. He may shortly be staring down the difficult call to part ways with a man hired under his watch."

Never have I seen or have I seen higher cause to promote Richardson's accomplishments. Wasn't Balme at Richmond when changes were made?

Whatever you think of Richardson, if he is a source or someone has been a source at his behest you'd think Worsfold is done.

Was not surprised to read:

"Change has already started to sweep through a political football department in which differences of opinion over game style and perceived agendas of various assistant coaches has created an environment in which some players have been allowed to get away with breaking team rules, in turn creating a sense of frustration for others."
It's quite a disconcerting read.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like this post a lot.
I concur. We run into two form teams when we were at our weakest. Woosha chucking a Nick Kyrgios wouldn't have helped. I actually thought he looked pretty scary and can bet he unloaded at some point behind closed doors at the team.

Fits of laughter??? I seriously doubt opposition coaches are that deranged that they'd break into fits of laughter about any club's tactics. Can't speak for the derangement of this "journalist" though...

Of course they could. Who hasn’t sat in a meeting and a shared a laugh when a competitor has done something stupid? Stupidity is funny sometimes.

"Whatever the case, the Bombers are not perceived around the league to be tactically cutting edge, especially in their defensive 50. Some of their tactics have brought other clubs into fits of laughter"

What a weird thing to say. Could be interpreted as trolling. But I dont fully understand the extreme negativity around us given the injuries this year and position on the ladder even though I dont think we will make finals. But it happens to other clubs too. Gotta get those clicks.
Or perhaps for quite a while there our defence was elite and was holding teams to 60 points or something. Was top of the league for nearly two months if I remember right.

Nothing sums up the idiocy and doomed nature of our club (and indeed, some other football clubs) quite like this:

“This is Essendon’s election campaign. The importance of the next eight quarters of football for the Dons have not been lost on those at Tullamarine. Several Bomber insiders have noted that Saturday night’s meeting with Fremantle in Perth, and the following Friday night’s game against Collingwood at the MCG, will shape the direction of the club over the next four years.”

Whatever problems we and Worsfold have, whatever qualities we and Worsfold have, we ******* know what they are. He’s either the man for us or he isn’t. The thought that the results of two games could decide the entire direction of the club should send a shiver through us as supporters. What ******* incompetence. To decide all that off the two games’ results. Things that could come down to a ******* shanked kick or a bad or lucky umpiring decision.

What... you’re gonna sack him because he not the man to take us forward... but if somehow we manage two wins over middling opposition, that all changes?

Christ. We are Essington.

Nothing sums up the idiocy and doomed nature of our club (and indeed, some other football clubs) quite like this:

“This is Essendon’s election campaign. The importance of the next eight quarters of football for the Dons have not been lost on those at Tullamarine. Several Bomber insiders have noted that Saturday night’s meeting with Fremantle in Perth, and the following Friday night’s game against Collingwood at the MCG, will shape the direction of the club over the next four years.”

Whatever problems we and Worsfold have, whatever qualities we and Worsfold have, we ******* know what they are. He’s either the man for us or he isn’t. The thought that the results of two games could decide the entire direction of the club should send a shiver through us as supporters. What ******* incompetence. To decide all that off the two games’ results. Things that could come down to a ******* shanked kick or a bad or lucky umpiring decision.

What... you’re gonna sack him because he not the man to take us forward... but if somehow we manage two wins over middling opposition, that all changes?

Christ. We are Essington.

You are Chernobyl

Remove this Banner Ad

Back