Coaching Staff Senior Coach: John Worsfold - Thank you John

Remove this Banner Ad

And will twist almost any event or word in such a way that it supports the dislike.

It does mean you can totally ingore any post on the topic due to it being coloured by those emotions though

* me, how are these “journalists”

Just turned in one of the worst performances in club history.

They spend 15 minutes asking “so is your job safe” and about a Hawthorn player getting a farewell game.

Not one... “so you’ve had the review, John, wtf happened on Saturday?”

Christ.

fu** me, how are these “journalists”

Just turned in one of the worst performances in club history.

They spend 15 minutes asking “so is your job safe” and about a Hawthorn player getting a farewell game.

Not one... “so you’ve had the review, John, wtf happened on Saturday?

Christ.
Don't worry, I can field that question:
A: We didn't play the way we wanted to play. We know the areas where we didn't deliver on our expectations and will take those learnings forward into becoming the team we want to become.

I'd have so much fun with media if I were John:

Media: "What was the nature of Justin Crows departure?"

Me: "It was a mutual termination, which was discussed over a Halal Snack Pack. The club didn't have the budget to take Justin out to Squires Loft, particularly after where we dined Blake Caracella; so we had to be enterprising with our dietary budgeting."

#frontpagenews

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t look at it as s**tty standards and mediocrity, more a series of constant cockups.

After the era we had it was reasonable to rebuild 2005-07... we finished bottom four for those three seasons.

The problem was we cocked up replacing Sheedy.

That put us off course for 2008 - 2010. We were never going to be competitive under Knights.

2011 and 2012 we’re repairing that damage then the mother of all cockups drops and fu**s us from 2013 til probably 2017.

2018 and 2019 we really should be going forward, which is why it’s so frustrating that we’ve stalled.
People are over complicating this. If our injury list was average for the league this year we would be sitting in 5th spot. Plain and simple.

Egg Zackery. Worsfold could've walked into the Adelaide job and named his terms. He chose Essendon because he knew the bar was lower and long term he had the cattle to create a false turnaround. He didn't even achieve that and he calls for more time "Its my first 6 months!!".

He's a charlatan and a fraud who would choose his own career in football over family. But his reaction remains the mostly the same whether we win or if the opposition kicks 21 unanswered goals in 3 and a half quarters of footy so he'll always have that going for him.
Quoted for embarrassing BS. From pretty decent poster too. If you want to lash out, take a stick out into the garden FFS.

Egg Zackery. Worsfold could've walked into the Adelaide job and named his terms. He chose Essendon because he knew the bar was lower and long term he had the cattle to create a false turnaround. He didn't even achieve that and he calls for more time "Its my first 6 months!!".

He's a charlatan and a fraud who would choose his own career in football over family. But his reaction remains the mostly the same whether we win or if the opposition kicks 21 unanswered goals in 3 and a half quarters of footy so he'll always have that going for him.

I think you missed the point of my post mate.

I’m more talking about outside the football club. The fans, the media. These are the people that will use the “saga” as a cop out. It’s like saying the Ben Cousins drama would affect the West Coast players. Why would it? None of them played with him.

Woosha hasn’t used that excuse and if he does, that’s when he should be shown the door. But, I don’t think he would ever do something that silly.

I think you missed the point of my post mate.

I’m more talking about outside the football club. The fans, the media. These are the people that will use the “saga” as a cop out. It’s like saying the Ben Cousins drama would affect the West Coast players. Why would it? None of them played with him.

Woosha hasn’t used that excuse and if he does, that’s when he should be shown the door. But, I don’t think he would ever do something that silly.

He said earlier in the year when we were battling that this was basically his first year in the job because of the saga. If that’s not using it as an excuse...

what’s this all about?

article said:
perceived agendas of various assistant coaches has created an environment in which some players have been allowed to get away with breaking team rules, in turn creating a sense of frustration for others

Interesting part....

Whatever the case, the Bombers are not perceived around the league to be tactically cutting edge, especially in their defensive 50. Some of their tactics have brought other clubs into fits of laughter. A playing list still with some players touched by the supplements saga to varying degrees, also means that the Essendon’s senior core don’t necessarily trust as readily as players from other clubs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back