Coaching Staff Senior Coach: John Worsfold - Thank you John

Remove this Banner Ad

Time and again, he went well beyond what he needed to to disprove his Essendon bias
The one that really had me shaking my head was when the anzac jumpers were revealed and they had the essendon on in front of Robbo and the Collingwood one in front of Gerard. He reaches over and grabs the Collingwood one to hold up. I mean really? Lol.

Jurno - "John,It seems like we've seen two diffrent types of Essendon in the last two weeks on the field,one that got beaten by the Blues,and one that whole-heartdley beat Geelong which one's is the Essendon you believe?"

Worsfold - "Which one do you think I might belive?"

lols is that jurnolist serious? wtf do you think lols.

Ask a stupid question and you get a stupid answer

Lol

How ******* dumb was that question..

I’d just answer “The Carlton game, that was the true Essendon.” Would baffle them.

I think this attitude towards the media has something to do with the media driven Baguley-Lamb incident. Just noticed the tweet from EFC on the Aaron Francis thread quoting Worsfold on what sort of person he thinks Baguley is.
After witnessing Worsfold first hand here in WA for years, and as others have said, this is the exact manner in which he used to treat the WA media. Poor old Basil used to almost sh!t himself with nerves on the Monday night cross. Makes great viewing though.

I listened to him speak today at a function, and he attributes most of his current mannerisms in media management to Malthouse and also his tenure as coach of West Coast when they were struggling

I listened to him speak today at a function, and he attributes most of his current mannerisms in media management to Malthouse and also his tenure as coach of West Coast when they were struggling
Oh well at least he admits to the reasons for the attitude. Be interesting to see if the lame arse media adjust their approach and actually come up with something meaningful, because at the moment he’s just staring them down.

Lol

How ******* dumb was that question..

I’d just answer “The Carlton game, that was the true Essendon.” Would baffle them.
It wasn't really a stupid question. It's just that it wasn't asked very well and that those types of interviews don't lend themself to insightful questions being asked. The interviewer only has a short time to spit out an idea and hope the interviewee goes along with it.

We've all made the Essendon/Essington observation. The interviewer was simply trying to get Worsfold to gauge how good he thought the team is and what the expectation should be from here on in.

It wasn't really a stupid question. It's just that it wasn't asked very well and that those types of interviews don't lend themself to insightful questions being asked. The interviewer only has a short time to spit out an idea and hope the interviewee goes along with it.

We've all made the Essendon/Essington observation. The interviewer was simply trying to get Worsfold to gauge how good he thought the team is and what the expectation should be from here on in.

It was a completely stupid question. It was “which one do you believe is the real Essendon?”

What’s he going to answer? “I think the game where we put in almost our worst performance in ten years is the real team”

Everybody knows what the answer is going to be 1,000 / 1,000 times.

Strangely enough, he mentioned that he didn't expect to win this weekend but was hopeful. Also, he expected the positive feedback/message to take another 3-4 weeks to sink in for the group and enforce the behaviour from the weekend.

It was a completely stupid question. It was “which one do you believe is the real Essendon?”

What’s he going to answer? “I think the game where we put in almost our worst performance in ten years is the real team”

Everybody knows what the answer is going to be 1,000 / 1,000 times.
The best Essendon? Then why are we 3-6?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well he is hardly going to say "we are s**t so the bad Essendon"
He could say anything he likes. He could even say "the answer is probably somewhere in the middle at the moment" or "We are working on bringing our best form to every match" or "closing that gap will make us a better side" or "i told the witch doctor i was in love with you".

Learntopray says he learnt his mannerisms from salty mick. I don't think he gets as emotionally invested in the stoush as mick did, but it is still a worrying sign if he wants to play it that way. It's all well and good to play that game as top dog in a 2 team state, but it just doesn't fly in Vic and probably hastened the end for mick.

What is he going to answer?

That’s why the question is so stupid.

You have to try to ask and frame a question in a way that can draw something other than a predictable, cliched, bullshit answer.
Again, he can answer anything he likes. There's probably only so many weeks you can run with throwing the questions back at reporters. Because the only media interest will be about how aggro he gets and if that dies out Antler luggage will be shitty they didn't sponsor the coach who had a 30sec slot on the 6pm news.

The question isn't stupid. We'd all like to know why the side fluctuates so much in form. The delivery was off.

j86_FVv0_400x400.jpg
he looks like a younger, more stupid version of Louis Litt.

5B736311-FC55-4F4C-9E5D-AA0BFB927E7F.jpeg

If Damo's mates could ask a decent question
Then coaches might not want to rather be gargling drano than attending press conferences.

Spot on. That question from McClure regarding which one of the Essendon's is the one he believes we are, was probably the most pathetic question i have ever heard. Dignifying it with a response was kind by Woosh.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back