SFA Golf Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Playing off 11, love the links style courses you find down on the peninsula.

Haven't been overly active this winter, which is probably the norm for me, but we're coming into peak golf season and I'm looking forward to getting amongst it more frequently again.

Love the idea of a catchup :thumbsu:

Playing of 6. Get out most weekend. Enjoy a round anywhere. Trentham is a little hidden country course GEM that is a must to play.

I'm very bad at this sport. I played the St Johns courses at the Heritage Golf Club once and I actually ran out of balls on the 18th drive.

Usually play Devil Bend, Amstel or Centenary Park Golf Club

With local footy winding up, I'm looking forward to getting back out on the course every Sunday, it's been too long. Only been playing for 12 months, so working on the game and trying to get this horrific handicap down!!

With local footy winding up, I'm looking forward to getting back out on the course every Sunday, it's been too long. Only been playing for 12 months, so working on the game and trying to get this horrific handicap down!!
Dosent take too long when you can play consistently. I would love to play more often but with own business and two young kids its just too hard to find the time. That and i love my cricket too much and not willing to give it up just yet. Once im finished there i'll try join up and play most weeks.

Playing off 11, love the links style courses you find down on the peninsula.

Haven't been overly active this winter, which is probably the norm for me, but we're coming into peak golf season and I'm looking forward to getting amongst it more frequently again.

Love the idea of a catchup :thumbsu:

St Andrews Beach?

I'm very bad at this sport. I played the St Johns courses at the Heritage Golf Club once and I actually ran out of balls on the 18th drive.

Devilbend is good if it's dry. After rain though it can get a bit sloppy.

Trentham is a little hidden country course GEM that is a must to play.

Have heard this. Would like to get up that way one day for a hit.

St Andrews, the Dunes and the Ocean Course at the National all quality links style courses

My social group is playing at Cape Schanck in September. Love that track.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would say with a handicap of 21 i'm in the hacker range too :p

So Frankston Rover what was your handicap?
You'd have to add at least another 10 to get to my area...

If i could actually use an iron to save my life it would easily reduce 2 - 3 strokes a hole. (4-5 pars ofc)

If i could actually use an iron to save my life it would easily reduce 2 - 3 strokes a hole. (4-5 pars ofc)
If I could hit the little campaigner straight id be laughing. Long off the tee into the rough usually.

Cant chip for s**t either but that's more so that I really don't practise it

I'm off abou...oh hang on, I wasn't invited, sorry.

I'm with you brother... That and putting, if I have a good putting day, I have a good day.

Playing of 6. Get out most weekend. Enjoy a round anywhere. Trentham is a little hidden country course GEM that is a must to play.
Six!! Piss off! :p

Mate across the road is a member at Heritage, last time I played St Johns I lost five balls in my first eight shots, brutal.

Haha love being tagged in a golf thread when I'm a hacker! :p
You're playing in my group!

Mate across the road is a member at Heritage, last time I played St Johns I lost five balls in my first eight shots, brutal.
Yeah it was ******* s**t. I'd watch my ball roll into the rough and not take my eye of the spot it went in. I got there and its gone. Same story over and over again. Awesome course though.

Six!! Piss off! :p

You're playing in my group!
Do they have separate markers for old people or do you just play off the ladies tees?

Yeah it was ******* s**t. I'd watch my ball roll into the rough and not take my eye of the spot it went in. I got there and its gone. Same story over and over again. Awesome course though.

Sounds like me at St Andrews Beach...

If they ever mow the rough there, there's going to be balls flying off in all directions.

I would say with a handicap of 21 i'm in the hacker range too :p

So Frankston Rover what was your handicap?

I was down to 17 about 18 months ago but I had a season of cricket and didn't play. Recently I've been horrendous and has blown out to 24.

Hoping to spend the summer getting back down to 17 at a minimum.

Once you lose touch, it's hard to get a decent score. I can (usually) drive OK but it's my short irons and chipping that let me down.

Putting has been good though.

I can almost guarantee you I am the worst golfer on here...

Last time I played I finally broke 100...

... for nine holes.

Not a joke. :(

Do they have separate markers for old people or do you just play off the ladies tees?
You'd be amazed at the distance I get with these...
images

I can almost guarantee you I am the worst golfer on here...

Last time I played I finally broke 100...

... for nine holes.

Not a joke. :(
You are also in my group.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back