Recommitted Shai Bolton [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah he had some comical moments. Good game but
It was a good game, Tigers missed so many chances and the ball just didnt fall our way all night

Probably a good thing to drop one now and get the boys hungry again, But watching tonight just gave me the feeling we have their measure when it counts and the odd shape of the ground had our boys stumped more than the GWS players

It was a good game, Tigers missed so many chances and the ball just didnt fall our way all night

Probably a good thing to drop one now and get the boys hungry again, But watching tonight just gave me the feeling we have their measure when it counts and the odd shape of the ground had our boys stumped more than the GWS players

Well you won’t need to play away if you finish top 2 which is likely.

I only see another Vic side beating you at the MCG and I’m not really sold on any of them.

Nahh not really - Castagna Hurts
He was certainly not master of his domain

Um.... Wrong.

Trophy Cabinet: 2015 McClelland trophy :)
Don't forget the singing comp McPharlin won on the footy show :rolleyes:

Shai reminds of chai, when I'm a coffee drinker. Not my err cup of tea thanks.

Interested to hear what Richmond supporters / general public would think of the following hypothetical trade scenario.

Dom Tyson for Shai Bolton?

Reasoning for me is that Richmond's small brigade runs very deep. I don't think they knew how much players like Castagna, Rioli, Butler, Lambert, Higgins, Short and Caddy would come on. Almost feel as if Bolton is last in that pecking order. Where as their inside midfield depth isn't that well covered. Next best inline is Miles.

Melbourne have a plethora of inside mids and running dry on small forwards with some x factor. Is this a win-win and reasonable trade for both clubs? Two players struggling to cement a spot in their best 22, however would feel as though Tyson would be of greater value to Richmond and Bolton to Melbourne in contrast.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interested to hear what Richmond supporters / general public would think of the following hypothetical trade scenario.

Dom Tyson for Shai Bolton?

Reasoning for me is that Richmond's small brigade runs very deep. I don't think they knew how much players like Castagna, Rioli, Butler, Lambert, Higgins, Short and Caddy would come on. Almost feel as if Bolton is last in that pecking order. Where as their inside midfield depth isn't that well covered. Next best inline is Miles.

Melbourne have a plethora of inside mids and running dry on small forwards with some x factor. Is this a win-win and reasonable trade for both clubs? Two players struggling to cement a spot in their best 22, however would feel as though Tyson would be of greater value to Richmond and Bolton to Melbourne in contrast.
would rather keep bolton purely for the fact tyson suffers the same way miles does struggles to cover the ground

If WCE wanted him we would probably offer our second second rounder.
We can be push overs on trades as we like to get them done quickly.
But with us picking up the very very exciting Jarrod Cameron not sure we need
another small forward.

I didn’t see it that way. In fact I’d rather play Richmond than GWS. GWS have so much more upside. Once those injured players return with a few games under their belt, they are going to be very very tough to beat. The only thing that may derail them is the fact they sometimes don’t play as a team. Fix that and they are far and away the best in the comp.

I didn’t see it that way. In fact I’d rather play Richmond than GWS. GWS have so much more upside. Once those injured players return with a few games under their belt, they are going to be very very tough to beat. The only thing that may derail them is the fact they sometimes don’t play as a team. Fix that and they are far and away the best in the comp.
Thats just the thing though with all these players returning they cant play as a team but with a few solid work horses they do, Similar to last year when they had a few out they played better.
Watching the game it always felt to me like if it was not for richmonds kicking we would have had them in trouble with the amount of foward entries
27 shots to 24 with the amount of ball out on the full - bad kicking is bad football but just needed 1 to go through

You could just see the excitement after the game how relieved the giants were and Wallace made a good point , Gws played their grand final but richmond has so much more in the tank. Added to that the ground dimension being 14 mtrs narrower that the mcg just makes the chip/mark game plan easier to play but alot harder to implement on the wider ground.

Thats just the thing though with all these players returning they cant play as a team but with a few solid work horses they do, Similar to last year when they had a few out they played better.
Watching the game it always felt to me like if it was not for richmonds kicking we would have had them in trouble with the amount of foward entries
27 shots to 24 with the amount of ball out on the full - bad kicking is bad football but just needed 1 to go through

You could just see the excitement after the game how relieved the giants were and Wallace made a good point , Gws played their grand final but richmond has so much more in the tank. Added to that the ground dimension being 14 mtrs narrower that the mcg just makes the chip/mark game plan easier to play but alot harder to implement on the wider ground.

I don't know having Cameron and Scully to come backs means they have a bloody lot left in the tank too. I'd say they would have a lot more improvement left in them than of the other top 8 sides

Remove this Banner Ad

Back