Show cause letters to 40 Bomber players are near according to Fairfax(Not Carro)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
what if its 4 years though is that irrelevant?
I believe that's still within scope, so yes. If that's what it takes to push forward, so be it.

Let's not forget that the only reason this is taking so long is because of Essendon's incompetence* in maintaining records and processes.

*or arse covering

Yeah, EFC supporters should be a little bit careful about interpreting these delays as ASADA incompetence. There is no a priori reason to assume this and you might be in for a rude shock when it emerges that ASADA have actually been using this time productively to mount a strong legal case against EFC players. I'm sure the reason for the length of the investigation will come out eventually, and I doubt very much that ASADA have been waiting out the last few months sitting on their hands and dithering in the face of Essendon's water-tight case that they "don't know what the players took".

Why not?

He used the word "hopefully" - pretty weak word isnt it? in my mind it is. It basically means to me no show causes will be issued in the next weeks.

If it was going to happen would he come out and say "yes, show causes will be issued in the next 2-4 weeks?

Do you know what we are waiting for? Is he merely trying to go through all the documents and audio interviews still? to determine whether SC will be issued
ASADA is making sure that when it's all laid out on the table Essendon and it's lawyers will be bereft of ideas of how they can undermine, contort or contest the investigation, evidence and charges.

They made this bed.

Why not?

He used the word "hopefully" - pretty weak word isnt it? in my mind it is. It basically means to me no show causes will be issued in the next weeks.

If it was going to happen would he come out and say "yes, show causes will be issued in the next 2-4 weeks?

Do you know what we are waiting for? Is he merely trying to go through all the documents and audio interviews still? to determine whether SC will be issued

Goes with the territory... cheating that is. Or doing the wrong thing in general. You don't get to call the shots.

Your club's tough talking rubbish in media only makes it worse too. Talk of lawyers and they'll ensure the case is extra tight. EFC know what's coming, it's purely a last ditch effort grab for some public support... I say last ditch because they've tried everything else under the sun (including Tania going for the women / family sympathisers), James as the scapegoat (my personal favourite) etc, all of which has failed.

Slobbo, Sam Newman & The Herald Sun V Logic.

Yeah, EFC supporters should be a little bit careful about interpreting these delays as ASADA incompetence. There is no a priori reason to assume this and you might be in for a rude shock when it emerges that ASADA have actually been using this time productively to mount a strong legal case against EFC players. I'm sure the reason for the length of the investigation will come out eventually, and I doubt very much that ASADA have been waiting out the last few months sitting on their hands and dithering in the face of Essendon's water-tight case that they "don't know what the players took".

Watch the EFC / AFL put forward bogus legal cases against ASADA to kill time until one of two things happen, (likely) banned players either retire or their contracts expire.

I'd imagine that the AFL and EFC are most concerned about maintaining the faith of the players, who could easily go AWOL. They would ALL have such a legitimate case to sue both the EFC and AFL if banned. They'd be stupid not to.

Are Essendon implying that ASADA wouldn't have investigated them if they didn't "selfl report".
And in relation to any "help" ASADA got from the club, couldn't they get that info and access to the players with the powers they have?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Little think self reporting was a mistake because they lose leverage? Does this moron still not understand how it works? If you have taken illegal drugs/supplments, the only question is how long the sentence is for and self reporting will generally result in some form of discount.

If you did the crime in this case, there is no leverage, Little is a deluded fool and if he goes down this path the penalties (if imposed) will be worse for challenging the results.

I think the argument is that if it is a circumstantial case that ASADA having to prove it without the backdrop of "we don't know what we have taken and may have overstepped the line can you please come in and investigate us" would be more difficult. There is a certain amount of its a given, given that the self reported. Then any circumstantial evidence gathered by ASADA can't be debunked with dodgy random photos of bottles and ethereal spread sheets because you can't say you know as that is the premise of the invite to investigate.
IMO it puts them on the back foot. They may still have gotten done but I believe it adds to the circumstantial case that they came forward and said they didn't know.

Little think self reporting was a mistake because they lose leverage? Does this moron still not understand how it works?

There's plenty of history to suggest that for Little playing by the rules, societal customs and norms of decent behavior are considerations that don't apply to him.

In Paul Little world the meaning of right and wrong is that winning is right and losing is wrong.

Last edited:
They may still have gotten done but I believe it adds to the circumstantial case that they came forward and said they didn't know.

Given that the alternative to saying you don't know is actually telling what you do know, "We don't know" was always going to be first the line of defence.

James was still going to be shocked to be sitting here if they'd stayed quiet and waited another 48 hours for the announcement from elsewere.

Given that the alternative to saying you don't know is actually telling what you do know, "We don't know" was always going to be first the line of defence.

James was still going to be shocked to be sitting here if they'd stayed quiet and waited another 48 hours for the announcement from elsewere.

Theres still an acceptance of it. You could have them come through the doors the next day without coming forward and saying anything at all and it would be up to ASADA to establish what happened. That doesn't change. The only thing is you let the world know you didn't know and prejudice the investigation from that angle. Its minor but as Little said its about controlling your own destiny.

Its probably far better for "naivety defence value" (which we know isn't a anti doping defence but looks good) to have aSADA come in and discover for you that things weren't right. Then you can actually "Im shocked to be here" with some merit as you could pretend this is the first I have heard about it. Self reporting takes that innocence away. It ramps up the "we are helping...look" but when you plan to s**t all over that anyway with court cases and leaks to the media to try and spin it a certain way you aren't even going to get the benefit of that. Somewhere between what Essendon did and Cronulla did in the end is probably the best.

Somewhere between what Essendon did and Cronulla did in the end is probably the best.

I've toyed with opening a discussion on the hypothetical approach on day one of not running the shredders all weekend and genuinely self reporting. Everything.

We're in the s**t, we know we've done wrong and this is what we did. Accept provisional suspensions in fact ask for them. In that scenario, Essendon is in a way way better position today. Good prospects of some discount for substantial assistance, a much shortened investigation and as of today it's probably all over. Time done, crime paid for. Gearing up for the big all is forgiven return.

But probably too hypothetical, and too hindsight dependent. Not to mention that anyone who suggested it would surely have been both knifed and pushed under a bus by guess who.

In Paul Little world the meaning of right and wrong is that winning is right and losing is wrong.

By that definition, and in relation to where EFC finds itself ATM, he is just the right man for the job

By that definition, and in relation to where EFC finds itself ATM, he is just the right man for the job
More importantly, who's that girl. She looks to be in danger of having her eyes gouged out by the person behind her.

I've toyed with opening a discussion on the hypothetical approach on day one of not running the shredders all weekend and genuinely self reporting. Everything.

We're in the s**t, we know we've done wrong and this is what we did. Accept provisional suspensions in fact ask for them. In that scenario, Essendon is in a way way better position today. Good prospects of some discount for substantial assistance, a much shortened investigation and as of today it's probably all over. Time done, crime paid for. Gearing up for the big all is forgiven return.

But probably too hypothetical, and too hindsight dependent. Not to mention that anyone who suggested it would surely have been both knifed and pushed under a bus by guess who.

Sorry yeah I should have qualified my hypothetical that its based roughly on what those 2 actually did. As in your hypothetical I believe it would have allowed the club to actually treat the wound and get on with the rebuilding of the club, but yes this is based on some "heavy hitters" accepting responsibility and well that was never going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back