Team Captain
Jun 28, 2010
Seaford
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Furies
Hey there.
Just wondering if it was an idea of many to have a showcase sub forum??
Where individual members can post all of there creations in the one spot so if people were to make these threads, they wouldn't clog up the main board.

May be a bad idea but thought I should chuck it out there. Would be good to see a certain persons creations and if they have there own leagues they can post and show them off in there.

Thanks guys.

It has been discussed in the 'What do you think of the Fantasy Leagues?' thread quite recently.

I like the idea, but our mod GG says it is not an option.

That's unfortunate.

As a lurker, I'm finding it fairly difficult panning through the forum to find new designs of particular members. Showcase threads would be great, in my opinion.

They would show the progress and development of each designer as time goes on. No designs would be lost from competitions long ago.

I'm all for it, despite the fact that I would not have one myself.

Yeah, it is goood to look at the deigners progress and their favourites designs and easier to find them.

Also if a certain member has their own 'league of jumpers' they could show them off here.
I am not trying to rip it here, but I might have to upload all my images/jumpers to a free website so all my jumpers are in one spot. Then people can find mine easier and I always have a copy on the net.

I didn't say it wasn't an option, but that it would be unlikely.

Admin don't hand out sub-boards often and not without justification for it. And even then it can take a very long time before anything eventuates. Is LeeARM still waiting for his winning Platinum membership and "BigFooty-themed" guernsey to be made?

A gallery sub-board is a "good" idea per se. But it's redundant as that's what the main board is. This main board is STILL the place, the entry point, the gallery of self-created guernseys to share and display.

Same thing will happen with a Gallery sub-board as happened to the Comps board. Your reasoning for it will be, "So we can show off our designs, a place we can put all those threads". But again, that's what the main board is for! People will start avoiding posting gallery threads in there because "it's dead, no one visits it". And others will rightly say, "why do we even have it, i want my designs to be shown off here in the main board, please move all my threads back to the main board". And others will just start not posting gallery threads in the gallery sub-board because it's dead, and I will have to constantly move threads there that people complain about wanting moved back to the main board.

People asked for the thread tags, so can people please ensure you give a new thread an appropriate tag when creating a thread?

No one is comlaining. Just suggesting, dont turn every comment onto a complaint mate. I suggested, it has been discussed and results displayed. End.

Yeah I understand, I love everything in the section. Nothing I dislike and only rying to suggest how to keep things neater and easy to find. And also just a more ersonal place for people to post only their gear, no problems though. All is sorted .

A gallery tag would definitely be appropriate. I think we lack an appropriate tag for that kind of thing.

News: just news on actual real life football guernsey/logo changes.
Resource: This seems a bit abstract, can apply for something like Mero displaying a literal resource of things, but could also apply for 'gallery' stuff.
Discussion: Again abstract, can apply for any discussion, but also any 'gallery' stuff.
Competition: Imo, comp tag should only be used for actual comps. Fantasy leagues are not comps, but 'galleries'.

So for now, I reckon, use resource for all fantasy and gallery type threads. Use discussion for any discussion or a thread where someone says, "here's my vision of a new Demons/Twenty20/etc top, what do you think?" Just displaying one thing and wanting feedback.

I'll edit tags of existing fantasy-type threads from comp to resource. But I ask others when creating threads to do the same as explained above.

Sounds great, good to hear.

So if I want to make a thread for just my own gallery so to speak...
do I just create and reserve about 4-5 posts for images? Or is there another way of going about this...

and one other thing. If I set up my own 'gallery' on my own free site... would it be allowed to be, I suppose advertised on here but its just a general gallery of my stuff. It being elsewhere is more the issue.

Create a thread, give it a resource tag, reserve some posts for a few "window-dressing" images.
But have a link in the OP to your hosted gallery.
That way it's not about having to reserve posts. Just put a link there, and people can see your images navigating to your hosted gallery.
I will end up creating a "Galleries" heading in the Thread Directory to put stuff there.
But I will reserve gallery space to people who have a large portfolio, not a handful of things, and are reliable people, not people who cant be trusted displaying girly pics etc.

Ok no problems. So if I open a thread I just start with the one post and we go from there. I have not created an off site gallery yet, thats why I wondered how this would work. Not to be pushy or anything. But maybe a little 'example' thread is needed so people do it the right way first without stuffing it all up and having to redo.
Sorry for all ideas/questions but just want everything to be as clear as possible so from now on we all do the right thing and everything.. thanks champ.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back