AFLW Sign and Trade - Official Player Movements Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

To reiterate, I didn't single out poor old Brisbane for their horrendous treatment of star players.

I also referenced the misdeeds of several other clubs, but the discussion for some reason became focussed on Brisbane's horrendous treatment of star players, which I am shattered about.

Your player assessments were really bad imo and evidently not based on some basic facts (not just for Prespakis x2, but also Jess Allan), so I picked them apart. Pure football talk.
You got a post of mine from a year ago, that even I didnt remember posting, about the Prespakis sisters, in a discussion on the Allens, in order to open up a new line of personal attack. First, if I was wrong about the Prespakis sisters (dont believe I am, and you haven't really said anything that would justify changing my mind), this still doesn't have any bearing on the discussion on the Allen sisters.

It was the very definition of narky aggressiveness.

You got a post of mine from a year ago, that even I didnt remember posting, about the Prespakis sisters, in a discussion on the Allens, in order to open up a new line of personal attack. First, if I was wrong about the Prespakis sisters (dont believe I am, and you haven't really said anything that would justify changing my mind), this still doesn't have any bearing on the discussion on the Allen sisters.
You were citing testimony from ~4 years ago about junior players (the Allan sisters) as if it meant something. So I cited testimony from ~4 years ago (not 1) about junior players (the Prespakis sisters) to show it actually doesn't mean anything. Because often size is foolishly valued over skill for the assessment of junior players.

Btw if one wants to form a credible argument about a player, at some point over a 4 year period it might help to get that player's name right. Failing to do so leaves one's football knowledge open to criticism. So yeah that's obviously different to a "personal attack".

There are, what, something like 30 Irish converts (many of them very good) on an AFLW list for the upcoming season so it's a hell of a legacy that Cora Staunton leaves behind. In what was essentially just a career footnote, at that. I had put her in the "maybe" section of my future Australian Football HOFers thread which is perhaps fanciful, but there's certainly no club honour too great for the Giants to award her imo.

Does anyone know the rules around rookie players in the AFLW?

Do they count towards the total list of 30 players, or are they outside the main list, similar to the AFL?

We’ve signed an Irish player as a definite rookie, and now we’ve signed an academy player who has been playing college basketball for the last 4 years.

Lions Homecoming For Murphy

Does anyone know the rules around rookie players in the AFLW?

Do they count towards the total list of 30 players, or are they outside the main list, similar to the AFL?

We’ve signed an Irish player as a definite rookie, and now we’ve signed an academy player who has been playing college basketball for the last 4 years.

They count towards the 30

Only diff is you can sign them outside of the drafts

Remove this Banner Ad

Back