Society/Culture Silver tape, not red tape, is a threat to democracy

Remove this Banner Ad

Where is it illegal for residents to do it?
What do you think the reception would be if they found out that their entire internet history was used to apply very specific propaganda, to control their voting status?

It’s not illegal, it’s not even illegal (in this country at least, I don’t know about the US) for a political candidate to lie during the election campaign.

And that’s the thing, if they want to create a bunch of plebs through media and election campaigning, they cannot cry foul when another country or individual in another country exploits that same weakness.

Just personally in response to your last question, if a country of people found they were being exploited and engineered for someone else’s personal profit, I would imagine they should be very very very pissed off.

This is very, very bad logic.
As the expert in bad logic, it's hard not to disagree...

Not to any substantial degree.
When we found out that the Government lied about WMDs... why wasn't there the same backlash as we're seeing now?

Even in Australia, when we found out that the children overboard (argued to be the turning point in the election) was a lie, why didn't we (and still don't) have a problem with it?

Why is Snowden a non-event, but Assange is 'veracity'?

You argue that cross-dresser reading to children in public libraries is a problem. But you're arguing that major powers (US/Russia) aren't a problem, because now China is worse...
You'd probably also argue that Russia isn't significant, because the US has also done it before.

It’s not illegal, it’s not even illegal (in this country at least, I don’t know about the US) for a political candidate to lie during the election campaign.

And that’s the thing, if they want to create a bunch of plebs through media and election campaigning, they cannot cry foul when another country or individual in another country exploits that same weakness.

Just personally in response to your last question, if a country of people found they were being exploited and engineered for someone else’s personal profit, I would imagine they should be very very very pissed off.
So never complain about anything? Unless you're told to be pissed off?

A bit reductionist, but does it not fit your comment?

I don’t understand this question. How is the election of Trump not a backlash to lies about WMDs, failures to predict the financial crisis, and resolve the financial crisis?
I don't understand the question. How is the election and worship of Trump not evidence of outside influence targeted through social media?

You do understand the question. You just don't understand how to respond without ego.

So never complain about anything? Unless you're told to be pissed off?

A bit reductionist, but does it not fit your comment?

Oh no, people should complain and even point out something that is unconstitutional, and even illegal if they want to.

Here’s an example, the Home Affairs Minister is corrupt. Fact. Now just waiting for someone to complain to the appropriate... authorities... oh...

I don't understand the question. How is the election and worship of Trump not evidence of outside influence targeted through social media?
Because elections are determined on material factors, not memes.
You do understand the question. You just don't understand how to respond without ego.
At best your question was a non sequitur, I was being very charitable answering it.

Because elections are determined on material factors, not memes.
For example?

You've still not explained why you have more of a problem with people reading to children, than you do with Russia and China controlling social media...

At best your question was a non sequitur, I was being very charitable answering it.
Yeah, you do do that. It would be believable if you didn't spend every other post running through the most semantic of points...

Oh no, people should complain and even point out something that is unconstitutional, and even illegal if they want to.

Here’s an example, the Home Affairs Minister is corrupt. Fact. Now just waiting for someone to complain to the appropriate... authorities... oh...
As long as they elect a non-representative for a position they don't care about... You're satiated... Or?

As long as they elect a non-representative for a position they don't care about... You're satiated... Or?

I’m not sure how that would solve anything.

There is a common aetiology here my friend, Trump, The Catholic Church, Clinton, Bush, Obama, The Big Four Banks, Mr Potato Head, a certain US Media mogul, etc etc etc

Put another person in the same position and they’re not going to start farting rainbows

Yer, I wish Russia would stay out of other countries affairs just like the good old United States of America. Wouldn't catch them messing in the internal politics of their global cousins.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, you have an unnatural hatred of anyone who opposes your politics.
I'll make it easier..ill note your next 3 examples
Did you just state previously that you often call me out for bigotry?... And when I asked you to list your last three times, you couldn't?

Ok, why don't you link to a single time you've called me out for actual bigotry, and we can discuss it, without you running away?

I didnt object to personal assertions. It was the bigotry and racism i objected to

Hang on Charlie. The conversation led to some pretty crude accusations about you based on some weird racist s**t you said.

If you don’t like it, don’t dish it out.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Did you just state previously that you often call me out for bigotry?... And when I asked you to list your last three times, you couldn't?

Ok, why don't you link to a single time you've called me out for actual bigotry, and we can discuss it, without you running away?
Ok mete, ill be sure to note down these tasks you are giving me #baristaboy #bigot

Hang on Charlie. The conversation led to some pretty crude accusations about you based on some weird racist **** you said.

If you don’t like it, don’t dish it out.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

That's not how i remember it
I do remember a number of left wing posters displaying bigoted and racist attitudes towards asians
My replies to them were consistent in pointing out their hypocrisy

That's not how i remember it
I do remember a number of left wing posters displaying bigoted and racist attitudes towards asians
My replies to them were consistent in pointing out their hypocrisy
Oooooh. That's right. You pointed out that you only date Asian women, because Western women are beneath you. And then got upset that you were called out for it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back