Skill errors & turnovers

Remove this Banner Ad

SterlingArcher

Brownlow Medallist
May 16, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
How many games will turnovers kill a sides chances against superior opposition this year?

I can think of 4 already (Dogs v Hawks, Saints v Hawks, Crows v Hawks, Dees v North).

It's a blight on the AFL that professional athletes paid a lot more than most people, including the officials of the game, make basic skill errors continuously.

How many games will turnovers kill a sides chances against superior opposition this year?

I can think of 4 already (Dogs v Hawks, Saints v Hawks, Crows v Hawks, Dees v North).

It's a blight on the AFL that professional athletes paid a lot more than most people, including the officials of the game, make basic skill errors continuously.
North melbourne scored 40+ points from turnovers against us in round 2. Not saying we would of won but we only lost by 32-34? Its kills. Especially when we should be closer then what we are in games. West coast scored 10 goals from our turnovers in round 1.

Melbourne, as much as they have improved in the last 3-4 years still do some stupid **** that just drives me crazy. At their best they are potentially top 8 but at their worst we are definitely bottom 2
To much inconsistency and a lot of that is just because we can't always pull of simple skills

Good so far this year tho :thumbsu:

Richmond's have been deadset diabolical.

I reckon it's between the ears, both player and team confidence. Seen certain players who normally have it on a string fumble, handball over heads and kick directly to opposition many times this year already.

North melbourne scored 40+ points from turnovers against us in round 2. Not saying we would of won but we only lost by 32-34? Its kills. Especially when we should be closer then what we are in games. West coast scored 10 goals from our turnovers in round 1.
Ha, you think that's a knife? This is a knife!: Western Bulldogs scored 87 of their 93 points against us in R2 from turnovers and the week before, Port Adelaide scored 93 points from our turnovers!

You realise there are only 3 ways to score in AFL
Turnovers, Stoppages and Kick Ins
All sides score majority from turnovers, especially with the game having less stopagges this year
Every side turns it over.. if there wasnt any then the game would be like ******* netball where it just goes end to end with the only way the ball changes hands is if a side misses a shot
Also Id ask the OP to run 13kms then try and hit a team mate under immense pressure

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Monday is going to be full of them!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back