Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 26, 2017
Inner Sanctum
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
GBay-WSox-Bulls-Blackhawks-LSU-UNC
Welcome back once again for 2024.
It looks like a deep talent pool, so hopefully they can all produce, improve and stay injury free.
Once again here are some of my faves;
MID - Christian Moraes, Jagga Smith, Cooper Hynes (DS), Lachie Jaques,
FWD - Taj Hotton, Joe Berry,
DEF - Tobie Travaglia, Luke Trainor.
A couple of Talls I like the athleticism and potential of are Matt Whitlock, Jack Whitlock, Zayden Lockwood and Joel Cochrane.

EARLY TOP 40 RANKINGS New
EARLY TOP 40 RANKINGS
  1. JOSH SMILLIE
  2. LEVI ASHCROFT
  3. SID DRAPER
  4. CHRISTIAN MORAES
  5. FINN O'SULLIVAN
  6. JAGGA SMITH
  7. BEN CAMPOREALE
  8. JOE BERRY
  9. LUKE TRAINOR
  10. LEO LOMBARD
  11. TAJ HOTTON
  12. TYLER WELSH
  13. JACK WHITLOCK
  14. TOBIE TRAVAGLIA
  15. TOM GROSS
  16. HARRY O'FARRELL
  17. LUCAS CAMPOREALE
  18. HARVEY LANGFORD
  19. NOAH MRAZ
  20. NATH SULZBERGER
  21. SAM MARSHALL
  22. JOSH MURPHY
  23. MURPHY REID
  24. ZACH JOHNSON
  25. JONTY FAULL
  26. BO ALLAN
  27. JOBE SHANAHAN
  28. XAVIER LINDSEY
  29. SAM CUMMING
  30. LACHIE JAQUES
  31. COOPER HYNES (DS)
  32. JESS DATTOLI
  33. HARRY CHARLESON
  34. THOMAS SIMS
  35. LUCAS MCINERNEY
  36. PHEONIX HARGRAVE
  37. JAYDEN NGUYEN
  38. XAVIER IVISIC
  39. KAYLE GERRYN
  40. LUKE URQUHART

Welcome back Smythey.

Travaglia and Trainor impressed me on Saturday.

Thought Gross was a bit wasteful.

Jagga did some nice things but was largely unnoticeable by me but that was probably because the commentary was a bit distracting.

Welcome back Smythey.

Travaglia and Trainor impressed me on Saturday.

Thought Gross was a bit wasteful.

Jagga did some nice things but was largely unnoticeable by me but that was probably because the commentary was a bit distracting.
Tom has vigour and great attack, I have him within first round reach at the moment because of his ability to go in and get the ball then feed it out, yes I agree his use needs polish but I wouldn’t use him as a deliverer, but more as a ball winner then he can distribute it to someone else to be the deliverer. His use is not too bad, he has a mix of Rory Sloane/willem drew about him. Don’t get me started on the commentary :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Don’t get me started on the commentary :rolleyes:

A few bites of the cherry and you might end up with something good.

To Mr and Mrs Moraes and Mr and Mrs Travaglia, sorry about your surnames being mangled.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

EARLY TOP 40 RANKINGS
  1. JOSH SMILLIE
  2. LEVI ASHCROFT
  3. SID DRAPER
  4. CHRISTIAN MORAES
  5. FINN O'SULLIVAN
  6. JAGGA SMITH
  7. BEN CAMPOREALE
  8. JOE BERRY
  9. LUKE TRAINOR
  10. LEO LOMBARD
  11. TAJ HOTTON
  12. TYLER WELSH
  13. JACK WHITLOCK
  14. TOBIE TRAVAGLIA
  15. TOM GROSS
  16. HARRY O'FARRELL
  17. LUCAS CAMPOREALE
  18. HARVEY LANGFORD
  19. NOAH MRAZ
  20. NATH SULZBERGER
  21. SAM MARSHALL
  22. JOSH MURPHY
  23. MURPHY REID
  24. ZACH JOHNSON
  25. JONTY FAULL
  26. BO ALLAN
  27. JOBE SHANAHAN
  28. XAVIER LINDSEY
  29. SAM CUMMING
  30. LACHIE JAQUES
  31. COOPER HYNES (DS)
  32. JESS DATTOLI
  33. HARRY CHARLESON
  34. THOMAS SIMS
  35. LUCAS MCINERNEY
  36. PHEONIX HARGRAVE
  37. JAYDEN NGUYEN
  38. XAVIER IVISIC
  39. KAYLE GERRYN
  40. LUKE URQUHART
Will be watching this thread/list with interest as the Tigers will be big players in the draft this year, with the possibility of another haul where we have 5 picks inside the top 30.

Will be watching this thread/list with interest as the Tigers will be big players in the draft this year, with the possibility of another haul where we have 5 picks inside the top 30.
How do you think Richmond will be able to do that?

How do you think Richmond will be able to do that?
Richmond has a good draft hand and doesn't require all their picks to match bids that other teams will so we can trade up into the top 30, by packaging up picks

Richmond has a good draft hand and doesn't require all their picks to match bids that other teams will so we can trade up into the top 30, by packaging up picks
Yeah but a lot of other clubs will be looking to do the same

Not many are in the position that Richmond are with regards to picks. As it stands we've got the 3rd most points available and we're not required to use them to match bids on F/S or Academy kids.

Richmond currently have 1 first rounder, 2 seconds, 3 thirds and 3 fourths, and may lose players (via trades) to other clubs. This could easily give them those 5 picks under 30 that _RT_ was hoping for. They currently already have 3.

Richmond currently have 1 first rounder, 2 seconds, 3 thirds and 3 fourths, and may lose players (via trades) to other clubs. This could easily give them those 5 picks under 30 that _RT_ was hoping for. They currently already have 3.
Depends if the AFL changes the rules on bid matching father son and academy kids this year. If the AFL do bring in changes, such as doing away with the points discount and clubs have to pay the full points value, then it becomes a lot more expensive to trade for first round picks.

As an example, using the round 5 ladder and points values on the draft spreadsheet on the draft page, Brisbane were sitting in 10th, holding pick 9, worth 1469 points. Combining your 6 third and fourth round picks adds up to 1368 points. No team is trading their pick for a loss in points. You would have to include the second of your second round picks to get the deal across. Leaving you with two first round picks and one second round pick, and that's it.

Secondly, apart from Brisbane, I'm not sure any other clubs will be that motivated to trade out first round or early second round picks for a bunch of late picks/points.

Gold Coast don't need to. They're more likely interested in trading their picks for mature A grade talent, or first round picks in next years draft. Otherwise they have enough points to match their academy kid.

Adelaide, at this rate will hope to use their first round pick before a bid comes on their father son kid. Then their next picks are a late second round pick and a third round pick.

Same with Carlton. They would hope to use their first round pick, before a bid on the twins happens. They might need to trade future picks for picks in this draft, but they aren't putting their future first round pick up sale.

Then you have to factor in compensation picks pushing your picks back and devaluing them.

Finally, you have to have the list spots to carry so many picks in to the draft, because clubs might be reluctant to pick trade before the draft, or they might not have the list spots themselves to make such a trade before the draft. For example, Brisbane might only have 3 or 4 list spots for the draft, so we are not in a position to make any pick trade before the draft.

Depends if the AFL changes the rules on bid matching father son and academy kids this year. If the AFL do bring in changes, such as doing away with the points discount and clubs have to pay the full points value, then it becomes a lot more expensive to trade for first round picks.

As an example, using the round 5 ladder and points values on the draft spreadsheet on the draft page, Brisbane were sitting in 10th, holding pick 9, worth 1469 points. Combining your 6 third and fourth round picks adds up to 1368 points. No team is trading their pick for a loss in points. You would have to include the second of your second round picks to get the deal across. Leaving you with two first round picks and one second round pick, and that's it.

Secondly, apart from Brisbane, I'm not sure any other clubs will be that motivated to trade out first round or early second round picks for a bunch of late picks/points.

Gold Coast don't need to. They're more likely interested in trading their picks for mature A grade talent, or first round picks in next years draft. Otherwise they have enough points to match their academy kid.

Adelaide, at this rate will hope to use their first round pick before a bid comes on their father son kid. Then their next picks are a late second round pick and a third round pick.

Same with Carlton. They would hope to use their first round pick, before a bid on the twins happens. They might need to trade future picks for picks in this draft, but they aren't putting their future first round pick up sale.

Then you have to factor in compensation picks pushing your picks back and devaluing them.

Finally, you have to have the list spots to carry so many picks in to the draft, because clubs might be reluctant to pick trade before the draft, or they might not have the list spots themselves to make such a trade before the draft. For example, Brisbane might only have 3 or 4 list spots for the draft, so we are not in a position to make any pick trade before the draft.
Correct, however I can’t see it affecting this years picks. They would have to bring in the rule that will start for next year thus, warning teams about the changes before they start exchanging and trading picks. I cannot see them doing that affecting this years picks as teams traded them unaware there may be a change. They would have to tell them before the pick exchange period comes in this year. But with such an even, deep pool this year, not many clubs will be too keen on pushing up the boards except those with a hoard of picks, and will many teams want to trade with them, possibly the bottom of the ladder teams will try to get several picks for their lower ones. I think the top 1 and 2 picks will be traded to be honest.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back