Song Contest Part XIII, Host: JoshWoodenSpoon, Theme: Woodblocks/Cowbells, Noms Due: Mon 8:45pm AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A euphemism for sold out.
The Best Metal Performance grammy tends to come from one of two camps:
- a classic band with a new release (eg. 2014, Black Sabbath), or
- a band that is not quite the norm that is finally gaining traction among US media (eg, 2016 Ghost and 2001 Deftones)

Host Update

YouTube appears to be not working globally.

We've got about half the votes in, if it's still not working later this afternoon I'll extend the deadline to Thursday.
Holy crap how will people procrastinate now?!?!

People could always just do what I did, not listen to the playlist and randomly pick songs to bote for.

Actually that's not true, I listened to every song but some were too awful to listen to for more than about 30 seconds.

I make a Spotify list for every round, doesn't use data when I'm driving at work. Better than loading videos on YouTube.
Sometimes can't locate every song, but I make sure to give them a listen when I get home. Unfair otherwise

70K2019_FB_OG.jpg

Been a while since I've listened to metal. Some decent tracks on there

Host Update

YouTube is back, deadline stays the same. So, we're about half way through...

... and we have a clear leader in the race for glory. At the other end of the scale we are still in a battle, which is now four ways, for the Billy.

Unfortunately, there are also 3 songs on donuts.

Apparently there is a metal song for everything. Don't listen to the donut song, it's awful and for illustration purposes only.

Last edited:
People could always just do what I did, not listen to the playlist and randomly pick songs to bote for.

Actually that's not true, I listened to every song but some were too awful to listen to for more than about 30 seconds.
Have a cup of herbal tea princess.

What's the best thing for bleeding eardrums?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's the best thing for bleeding eardrums?
A Host Update!

We're under 5 hours from the deadline and there are 7 metalheads lost in the circle pit. If they get out and lodge their votes I'll get the results out early, otherwise you're at the mercy of two under 4 year olds.

Just as an aside, I won't be on at the time of result release. If I happen to win, happy to cede hosting to the next place
You could pm the current host with a potential theme.

You could pm the current host with a potential theme.
#AllStarLineUp (2 or more number 1 artists singing the same song or playing the music)
#BodyParts (redux?)
#Elevation - words that signify elevation eg high, raise, lift, up, ascend etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back